I'm so pissed!!

• Thread starter RubenTM
  • 39 comments
Netherlands
The Netherlands
Rubentjhee
I lost AL OF MY SAVE DATA of GT5!!!!!!!
Everything..

I played this game since the release date!

It was loading a race but it was loading for like 10 minuts..
So i turned my PS3 off, and i started it up again and EVERYTHING is gone
i had over 9 million CR, over 130 cars,

Sorry for my bad english -.-

Is there anyway i can get back all of my data?

Last edited:
@ OP

You can salvage files (Options > Last Row > Utilities), but I don't think you can get your save back..

I have a few thumb drives with my backups on it. Always have a plan B,C,D.....etc.
jesus-saves-and-makes-backups.jpg

Everything..

Unless you backed your save up I don't think there'll be any way to get it back. If you can't get it back look on the bright side, I started GT5 over again on purpose and I'm having a ball. 👍

Everything..

happened to me about two weeks ago :grumpy:

Unless you backed your save up I don't think there'll be any way to get it back. If you can't get it back look on the bright side, I started GT5 over again on purpose and I'm having a ball. 👍
Hmm...been thinking of starting GT5 over, but on my other account (UK account). Only issue is online...I fear I'll be pestered for being a fake Brit. :ill:

OP: Try "salvage files option in GT5 options>Misc. options. I've never lost my save *knock on wood*, but give that a try.

Or take the hdd out of the PS3 and try to get the save game file back using a data recovery program. That is what i would try.

Gutted for you mate.
If it helps i have the Bonus race Fiat 500, Elise and Subaru uploaded.
Add me on PSN if you need to borrow them for a quick recovery (lvl 24 and 4 000 000 cr in 20 min.)
PSN BRM-V16

Ironically, I had to pull the plug on my PS3 because my GT5 disc cracked while in the drive (very strange) while it was saving but the save game was fine. The file system and the save game system of the PS3 itself was corrupt though and nothing would show up until the system was restored. It worked after that but now GT5 freezes in strange places (even using alternate saves and with a clean install) and the PS3 button won't allow you to quit. Pretty pathetic when a power outage can destroy a console at the bios level. I didn't realize the PS3 was running Windows Vista. The 360 is so much more stable than the PS3. GT5 seems very slow once you have a lot of items. From the time I start the game until the time I'm actually in a race can take up to 30 minutes of waiting now. Makes it really hard to stay interested.

I hope you aren't talking about my reply (you aren't clear as to who you're hating on in your post) because you're WAY out of line if you are. If anyone is sympathetic towards the op it's me. I'm just hoping someone might see my comment and have a tip or answer as to why a console would do what mine did and how to possibly fix it. Threats don't really solve anybody's problem nor does having no sense of humour. I'm obviously pretty loyal to GT5 if I wait 30 min to race. lol

I don't deem you can get your data back unless you had copied/transferred your data into another space in a memory beforehand... How shameful were that thing for you really. But the quickest way to resolve that will be start the game all over again.

If the OP has encountered a similar problem to mine, the save may still be valid just not appearing in the save games list. My PS3 had to be restarted about 5 times and then it said it was rebuilding the save data system. After that the save worked fine but the PS3 itself still seems unstable somehow.

Ouch..shame about that. Best to save backup as you go along. If you need help with cars, am sure there a few of us on this forum able to send or share cars.

That's a good idea. Actually, I can send him my upgraded 458 if he wants it and then he can make a lot of money back pretty fast in the Ferrari seasonal.

I hope you aren't talking about my reply (you aren't clear as to who you're hating on in your post) because you're WAY out of line if you are. If anyone is sympathetic towards the op it's me. I'm just hoping someone might see my comment and have a tip or answer as to why a console would do what mine did and how to possibly fix it. Threats don't really solve anybody's problem nor does having no sense of humour. I'm obviously pretty loyal to GT5 if I wait 30 min to race. lol

nope, sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn't want to actually duplicate the reply so I deleted all the text, not realising it would stop the quote name appearing. I've rectified that and hopefully all is clear now!👍

I've reported this reply, the OP is clearly upset and a significant proportion of replies are totally unhelpfull and unsympathetic, but this one takes the biscuit.

Please what, are you serious? What the heck is wrong with my post? :confused:

It's a helpful post for the OP, and not just spam like most of the other replies.

Please what, are you serious? What the heck is wrong with my post? :confused:

It's a helpful post for the OP, and not just spam like most of the other replies.

I'm SICK of people calling a thread of someone with a GENUINE problem WHINING. OK!! and the "makes you looking "censored"" is insulting IMO.

I'm SICK of people calling a thread of someone with a GENUINE problem WHINING. OK!! and the "makes you looking "censored"" is insulting IMO.

Yea and I am sick of all the whiner threads "Uhh I lost my game save" or like this one "I'm so pissed!!" . If they don't bother about to backup, they deserve it.

It's like driving on a street without a vehicle insurance. :sly:

And it's not a insult, you seem to be a bit too sensitive I think. :)

^+1

@OP
Happend to me aswell (no I didn't take a back up, cause I don't care that much :)) but look on the bright side, with the addition of the seasonal events it shouldn't take more that a couple of hours before you have you money and lvl back up... the cars might take a bit longer.

Last edited:
Back