Images in our SIGs

I'm on ISDN (that's about 128K) and I still wouldn't like pictures in sigs. The huge HMRCWG thread takes long enough to load as it is, imagine 100,000 sigs with images in them. :nervous:

I have a 56/kps modem. I love forums with graphical signatures :cool: . Maybe if you're running on something like...say..33/kps then yeah..It'd be a hassel. But if all Images where restricted to 234X60, it wouldn't be that bad.

The pages load pretty quick to me..and remember I only have 56k..so..If yall' have cable and these pages are loading slowly..there's probly somin' wrong with your computer....

Oh. I mean the pages load fast, just the HMRCWG (the 100,000 replies thread) seems slower, maybe because it has sow many posts and pictures and smilies, etc. Just imagine having to load pictures in sigs up as well. :scared:

Originally posted by eddy_2790
Oh. I mean the pages load fast, just the HMRCWG (the 100,000 replies thread) seems slower, maybe because it has sow many posts and pictures and smilies, etc. Just imagine having to load pictures in sigs up as well. :scared:
^Oh look, I learned something new today.. :P

Well..That is only ONE thread..The majority of say 234X60 sigs all under 100k, wouldn't be that bad at all, and since not everyone has the tools to make a decent sig, then there might not be 7,000 members with graphic sigs....

Freedom To the SIGS!

Sorry guys, but signature images are out of the question.

im on 56k and these forums load just fine. i dont have any problems. i am in favor of mazkids 50k avatar limit and i would like to be able to have an image in my signature.

just put a limit on it like the avatar. say 300 X 100 with a 75kb size limit.

this avatar at the moment looks **** because of the 35k limit. 50k would be enough to make it have some decent colour. 40 is not enough of an increase.

Well I think it could be great but mostly bad.

I know there well never be images in our sigs but any way if there were on another forum here is wot I would have to say.

Have a file size limit.
Have a image size limit.

Usually on a forum pictures in sigs are linked from another site. 60% of the time the pictures do not show, due to free hosters not allowing hotlinking, the pictures are usually cluttered and full of bright mesmorising junk, the sigs have no meaning no quality.
Sigs can really piss me off even text based sigs but I think that Jordan should leave the forum how it is and use our Avatars as our main source of visual creativity.

Originally posted by meme
what is vB 3 ?
Yep, it's vBulletin 3, the new version of our forum software to be released in a few months. See here for more info, and to test drive an alpha version of the new software. :)

Originally posted by meme

Why? im just wondering!
It's slow, confusing, hard to read, and, most of the time, downright hideous! :yuck:

My new Dell has a 56K, our outgoing phone lines(or incoming, just say our phone lines) are old and crapitated...I'm sure that they are as old as the house(1967) and inconjunction with AOL, we get no higher than 28K, for reasons out of our control...

Back