Images in our SIGs

There is always going to be somebody who wants to abuse it! And in a site with well over 7000 members I don't think Jordan wants to take the risk.

I know this has been bought up before. This time and like all the other times I don't think he will let this slide.

You could always plead for jordan to let people with 20,000 post to have img sigs:D:D:D

Could you imagine the mad posting rush to get to 20,000?

heheheh

I got used to the Marquees (although I still hate some of the more abusive ones.)
I absolutely hate Pictures in sigs on other forums. It makes everything look messy and usually there is nothing of substance in them.
*puts hand on forehead, attempting to see future*
....I see.... 30 members sporting a picture feature middle fingers... 50 members with half naked women... 5 members with gaudy looking cars.... Mazkid with the biggest Mazda Propaganda ad he can fit.... 1 member with something tasteful (Jordan)... and threads that take twice as long to scroll through.
*takes hand off forehead, wipes sweat, because he fears this alternate future*

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell
I got used to the Marquees (although I still hate some of the more abusive ones.)
I absolutely hate Pictures in sigs on other forums. It makes everything look messy and usually there is nothing of substance in them.
....I see.... 30 members sporting a picture feature middle fingers... 50 members with half naked women... 5 members with gaudy looking cars.... Mazkid with the biggest Mazda Propaganda ad he can fit.... 1 member with something tasteful (Jordan)... and threads that take twice as long to scroll through.
Very ture... ;) Hey what do you see in my future? :P

No, I'm sorry, Powerman. Personally, I hate browsing other forums that have images enabled in signatures.

I will go over there and kill Tom! You farthead!!!

My sig isn't really that big compared to some here. And mine is a lot of good info, and I put it in a marquee so that it would be 1 line in my sig instead of probably 20+.

Ohh and Power I asked for this months ago, and really now, I don't care if we had them or not.

The only thing I would like changed would be the avatar limit, it can stay at 100X100 but I'd like to see it 50KB instead of 32someoddKB. I don't know if you will do it Jordan, but I think it would be ok, if you could make it so that like you have to have a certain number of posts to get the higher limit.

Originally posted by MazKid
The only thing I would like changed would be the avatar limit, it can stay at 100X100 but I'd like to see it 50KB instead of 32someoddKB. I don't know if you will do it Jordan, but I think it would be ok, if you could make it so that like you have to have a certain number of posts to get the higher limit.
Hey, that's a very good idea (about the number of posts determining avatar size limit)...

Really? I'm cool...

When can we expect this upgrade Sir Jordan?
Sometime after vB 3 is released, if it is not included in the new version.

Although thats a pretty good idea, I think it'll give people another excuse to be a postwhore. :nervous: Just my opinion. :)

I agree VM, but we should strongly inforce no-whoreing zones. A warning systen for instince...if people at GTP would report whoring then mods would be able to confront the whores...

It's kinda hard to inforce...

I agree VM, but we should strongly inforce no-whoreing zones. A warning systen for instince...if people at GTP would report whoring then mods would be able to confront the whores...

It's kinda hard to inforce...

Then the mods would have to confront 30% of the gtp population :D

Sig pics come = i go.

They make everything look messy, and i hate forums which allow pictures/banners in signatures.

Yep Mustang Man.... I agree.... it'll be very messy :splat:

If people really want a Banner effect, they can always use Text and Smilies with a [Marquee]Marquee[/Marquee]? :D

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell
exactly my point of view on pics on sigs, and i also noticed it looks CHEAPER, for sites that DO use them

I am very fond of graphic sigs... :cool:

Couldn't ya' make it so there was a 234X60 pixel size limit with 100k max?

I had a sig made specifically to fit this forum..But I tryed everything in the book to get it to appear..to no avail. It's 234X60...and under 70k..

Back