Imagining the perfect racing sim

  • Thread starter Thread starter hennessey86
  • 45 comments
  • 4,303 views
Physics- Combo of iRacing and GT5
Sound- NFS Shift
Car List - Forza 3-4, GT5 Premium
Graphics - GT5 Premium
Tracks - Every Race sim, in this case, the more, the merrier...
AI - F1 2010

All the simulation features, and custom liveries.

Of course... that would be too perfect :P
 
Online modes and features and execution of Career Mode of Forza Motorsport 3 are definitely NOT something that would go into some "perfect racing game".

Online modes are far inferior to Forza Motorsport 2, which is the good model but it lacks qualifying. So, in a search for perfect online in console games you should refer to Simbin's Race Pro on X360.

As for Career mode, "perfect" one would probably be some crazy mix of GT2, Race Driver 3, GRID, GT4, Forza 3 and GT5. Forza 3's career is almost pointless as GT5, altgough it have much more actual content. However, actual execution and lack of focus after you reach Level 50 - which I've reached with less than 20% completion of Event Mode - is just opposite side of same crazy logic as reaching Lv40 in GT5.

Also, in catering some *perfect* console racer, you're missing many games that have great unique features which could/should/have been incorporated into some *perfect* game.

From my head and with no particular order those are:

> LeMans 24 Hours (Eutechnyx) - real-time engine adjustment
> Race Driver 3 (Codemasters) - sheer amount of licensed real-life circuits and content, progressive mechanical damage system
> F355 Challenge (AM2) - Great Driver Challenges, vehicle focus, post-race analysis, Magic Weather option
> Race Pro (Simbin) - online options
> Project Gotham Racing series (Bizzare) - real-life cities/real-time weather system/almost perfect cockpit position/full 3D garages and FP free-walk
> GRID - visual vehicle damage system
> WRC 4 - rally tracks and everything rally related
> F1 Championship Edition - in-race save

etc, etc, etc

Forza 3 and GT5 combined could be a great game, but *perfect*... not.

This man got EVERYTHING right ! 👍
 
Griffith500
Well perhaps "he" ought to have written what he meant, and not some (intentionally?) provocative hyperbole...

Not rising to everyone's expectations, is what i meant. I kind of thought it was pretty obvious. Not as great as some people thought it would be,
 
Just update Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed with updated graphics, physics, and online play and I'll be happy.

If not, just put GT5's physics into Forza with S2U AI, and I'll be happy.
Need good wheel support too.
 
I would love to get my hands on the sims the f1 teams use, full motion cockpit, physics from the real cars, laser scanned tracks et cetera. That would be ideal, but way too expensive.
 
My perfect racing game would be having my own 2-3 mile track on my property.
 
Well, I think we know what rig we'll be wanting to use for our perfect sim. ;)
I wonder if we could arrange a well-priced bundle?
 
GT5 graphics
GT5 car list
Shift 2 audio/visceral intensity

Done.
 
I think GT5 is a huge step from the earlier titles. Both the sounds and physics are miles better than in GT4 in my opinion, and the graphics are almost as good as they can be (or needs to be anyway), so I think they can concentrate on improving everything else further for GT6.

If they improve the online mode (a lot has to be done here) and make the drafting realistic I think they're good on their way to a, not perfect, but a very good simulator.

For the online mode I'd like to see some official championships/events made by PD themselves. They should bring the flag rules that was hinted before the game came out. Drive through penalties and disqualification should be implemented. It's probably hard to make all this work properly for a console game, but perhaps something like they have in iRacing would do the trick, where you get points for driving clean.

What do you guys think?

Oh and sorry if I went slightly off topic, lol. :rolleyes:
 
There was this PC racing game in the mid 90's that allows you to add your own car design, sounds, tracks, wheels and rims, and the game will use them on the normal game play. I remember that there was a lot of website from people sharing their cars and tracks for all gamers to use... I would like to see something like that again... I still have the game but it did not run in XP or Vista...
 
Street Racing with the physics of GT5! And customization of Forza! Car list of Forza 3, since they have full cockpit mode, but witht the quality of premiums! And the option to go to track days. With the city of NFS Undercover, NFS Underground 2, Underground 1, and Most Wanted all combined! Alas, it would be a 12 disc set.
 
-> Hmm, did someone forgot Enthusia Professional Racing? I thought someone in GTP praised highly of this game like almost on par with PC sims...

enthusia076bf.jpg


658372-bmw_m3_0002_super.jpg


enthusia-professional-racing-20050428034556032.jpg


Enthusia_Professional_Racing_43.jpg


Enthusia_Professional_Racing-s1.jpg


enthusiascreen32.jpg


:confused:
 
iRacings new tyre model is beyond amazing. Its as close as you will get to the perfect sim available to the public. Like someone said though its a bit daunting for some, put the effort in though and its very very rewarding.
 
Back