tumblr_m9frml4K011qlq9k4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m9hhr1xMlW1rod8iso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m9232qIjAv1qapwfro1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m9fpi0XhPa1qzldlpo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m9fpi0XhPa1qzldlpo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m99rsfgeGg1qcgmxso1_1280.jpg

GTMail
:drool:How much nad where?

It's at 45k in Florida. Only has like 35k miles and with the amount of work that's gone into that swap I'd say it's easily worth 40k. If only it weren't so expensive to get it over here, I'd be seriously considering it. Also, it's got a limited slip diff and it's getting like 450 whp or something like that on the current tune

No GT-R has ever Been simply an "entry level sports coupe" and the latest one is surely not te exception.

The GT-R, up till the most recent, was basically what the STi is to an Impreza base model - just a hotted up, mass produced car that is nothing special.

Keef is pretty spot on with his comment, regardless of what everyone's inner fanboy wants to think.

The GT-R, up till the most recent, was basically what the STi is to an Impreza base model - just a hotted up, mass produced car that is nothing special.

Keef is pretty spot on with his comment, regardless of what everyone's inner fanboy wants to think.
You're definitely correct in saying that a GTR is a hotted up version of the regular Skyline, but it's still an extremely capable vehicle in a package the size of my 240sx. In fact, for me personally, that makes it far more special than the new GTR, because at the core, it's essentially just a regular Skyline with (a lot) of modifications. I expected the new GTR to be extremely fast before I ever heard any kind of specs on the thing.

Last edited:
You're definitely correct in saying that a GTR is a hotted up version of the regular Skyline, but it's still an extremely capable vehicle in a package the size of my 240sx.

Oh I know it is. Regular Skylines aren't anything particularly special, kind of like entry level 3 Series aren't particularly special. Though there is probably a decent amount of thought put into the chassis of the 3 series, which is why it tends to get the praise it does.

Regardless, there isn't really anything wrong with hotting up a more basic model, as long as it is well done. Though the WRX and STi certainly lets you know what it is based on with the interior and fit and finish :P

I think the thing that sets it apart is that it performed at a level that only mass produced sports cars were at. Corvette, NSX, Ferarri 360, Porsche 911 and the like weren't based on large family sedans. It doesn't change the truth of what you're saying, but does give some explanation to the fanboyism. Maybe? I dunno.

Yeah, that guy doesn't mess around. Then again, you don't get invited to race D1 by taking it easy.

A few years ago he should have won a local MDU event but lost because he was pushed off into the dirt. Of course he managed to hold the drift and didn't even lose ground on the leader and it looked gnarly as hell but whatever. The crowd booed but the judges wouldn't reconsider.

The next year he came back and won it like he should have before and we all cheered.

I just hope he gets a different car because that thing is hideous! :lol:

Back