Imports

• Thread starter Puffy
  • 31,155 comments
I went in 2009 but not since. Apparently last year there were so many cars that they were parking them on the unused part of the oval.

I'm not really big on it. As a whole, a trip is fun, and being inside a big venue like that is neat, but the show itself is just like a popularity contest basically. All the fancy cars you see on the websites are gathered in a small area near the garages. By far the coolest part was the time attack cars parked in the garages, and you were free to mingle with them. That was rad.

Five minutes of 'look at how low my car is!' and music that makes my ears try to kill themselves O_o
I mean, the Merc would actually look decent if it wasn't that low.

Being retarded is becoming quite popular in Asia...
Seeing as if can obviously drive around all day like that with no issues, I don't see the problem.

Only reason it would be "retarded" is if the car was incapable of working properly anymore, and it obviously is still capable of doing everything the guy wants it to do.

Also, it's not "becoming" popular. They started the whole "vip" movement.

Well yes, but that video just reminded me all those images and youtube videos with pink cars with 4 foot high spoilers, limos with extreme camber and *SHINY* wheels and naked painted women on everything. Afterall even for that Merc every speedbump would be like an irish step for Obama's limousine.

Well yes, but that video just reminded me all those images and youtube videos with pink cars with 4 foot high spoilers, limos with extreme camber and *SHINY* wheels and naked painted women on everything.
A lowered Mercedes on wheels reminds you of pink cars with 4 foot spoilers?

And limos with extreme camber?

I think you might be the problem here, not the car.

:lol: He showed that trunk lid his strong hand.

I'm wondering if they hold local drift events there. I know they had a big one last year during IA, but that's obviously not during IA.

Yeah. I know of some drifterkids that go there. Or talk about it anyway. Hoping to run an autocross out there this year, maybe..

Heres one from this weekend

DSC0115-XL.jpg

That EG is like 99.9% perfection. B-Series in there, too, which seems to become a rarity, somewhat sadly. :(

B-series are the most intoxicating engines of all time. Like, literally. Can't drive behind one without coughing and hacking.

To me I think the blue NB is a little too excessive but they're both my really good friends so I probably couldn't decide between them

The NB is basically a show car that is driven on the street. (carefully at that) The NA can be used on the road, then taken to the track on the weekends, then driven home again. Personally, I would rather have a car I can toss around over a car I have to avoid speed bumps with.

Edit:

4086416258_dc04f30af1_b.jpg

4086421616_d4ac4068d5_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back