ITR Expo 11

5755619983_610bcff4d9_o.jpg

4923558200_7d8aab5dd2_b.jpg

4904250888_467be4d449_b.jpg

3998617906_d9e5a24eb4_o.jpg

Last edited:
I am currently in love with this car:

5702618017_df8bb5cc04_o.jpg

Not sure about the wheels but just love the attention to detail.

5703093462_b9c1a22443_o.jpg

Mk5 interior and engine in a Mk2 shell.

5703093008_7c6d72823a_o.jpg

Is there really much of a difference between the two, except maybe with the real wrap you can feel like less of a liar when you tell someone it's carbon fiber.

one adds weight and is pure cosmetic pretending to have a performance boost, while another shaves dozens of kilograms?

But then for a Golf that seem to be more show and go, the fake one might be the more logical choice.

You don't understand. The Golf is sheetmetal wrapped in a layer of "real" carbon fiber. The carbon fiber wrap is a vinyl printed with a carbon fiber design.

So while both are fake, the "wrap" likely weighs less than the "real" CF.

That's my friend Will's from another forum, and Nick's Scud from the same forum. Eric Rosendahl took the pictures on the road. The others were taken by either him, Will, or Nick.

Swap? Or stock motor?

Edit: Oh, and there was a K23A1 on eBay I was going to mention to the Honda guys on here. Would make an interesting swap...

It looks good, it looks sick, but! It lost it's function =(

My thoughts exactly. Why bother with all those power mods when they become nullified by the stance? The again the kid has, what looks like, 3m stick on window visors.

Edit: Oh, and there was a K23A1 on eBay I was going to mention to the Honda guys on here. Would make an interesting swap...

... into absolutely nothing. The engine has been made in a way that it doesn't fit onto any other K-Series transmission whatsoever aside the RDX's... That'd require a transmission adapter, and personally I don't think it'd be worth the cost of doing that, when you think a K24A2 with a K-Pro and bolt-ons can do upwards of 200whp...

Love the exhaust setup on this. And the whole car too, come to think of it.
3.jpg

4.jpg

... into absolutely nothing. The engine has been made in a way that it doesn't fit onto any other K-Series transmission whatsoever aside the RDX's... That'd require a transmission adapter, and personally I don't think it'd be worth the cost of doing that, when you think a K24A2 with a K-Pro and bolt-ons can do upwards of 200whp...

Eh, didn't know that. Figured factory turbo K-Series into an EG or something would be pretty sweet. Guess not.

I can vouch for that.

Back