Imports

• Thread starter Puffy
  • 31,160 comments
549121_468997363150555_1176684227_n.jpg

Anybody know more or have more pics of this nsx?

tumblr_mdqj31ituY1rxobalo1_1280.jpg

“Paris-Dakar is special in so many ways. It’s not just about the speed, but one has to know when to slow down, too. It involves so many more human aspects than what you might call a normal competition, which is strictly ruled by the stopwatch. Seeing the local life, the vastness of the Sahara… it all leaves an immense impression.” - 1981 World Rally Champion Ari Vatanen about the magic of Paris-Dakar Rally.

tumblr_mdr0v0iwPM1rxobalo1_1280.jpg

Toivonen in the Lancia.

And the Manta...

tumblr_mdr4571l301rxobalo1_r3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mdr6c5mlT21rxobalo1_r1_1280.jpg

“Really, this is like a Group C car on tarmac. It is absolutely the fastest thing and the feeling is incredible.” - Henri Toivonen´s first impressions of the Lancia Rally 037 Group B car before rocketing it to a string of fastest stage times in the 1984 Rally Portugal.

tumblr_mdsdfduEx01rxobalo1_r3_1280.jpg

“For me it was a very special period of time in my career when I raced for them - not least because I was the last driver to be signed by the late, great legend Enzo Ferrari. To then go on and win my debut race for Ferrari in Brazil 1989 was a very special feat.” - Nigel Mansell

tumblr_mdsekpwZUv1rxobalo1_r2_1280.jpg

“To drive for the Ferrari racing team is a boyhood dream of any racing driver. There is no question that there is a special mystique about Ferrari, and the Italians certainly go motor racing in a different way.” - Nigel Mansell

tumblr_mdsvlfJhod1rxobalo1_r1_1280.jpg

“It was a fantastic car to drive. In race trim we had about 560 bhp and in tests we got 600 bhp out of it. The acceleration was amazing, with no lag whatsoever. It went from 0-100 km/h in under three seconds and from 0-200 km/h in 9,6 seconds.” - World Rally Champion Hannu Mikkola about Audi´s Quattro S1 (E2) Group B monster car.

tumblr_mduskquYbj1rxobalo1_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mdr4wtPKNq1qjy9yso1_1280.jpg

1998_ferrari_f355-pic-50104.jpeg

1954-mille-miglia-alberto-ascari-lancia-d24-passing-brandoli-claes-marino-fiat.jpg

bild-38812.jpg

130611344CA29FEB9BF9FF

jxUsj.jpg

5162058747_f0711e67d3.jpg

blog160.jpg

600-WD-443.jpg

zl6og3.jpg

1622859-1600-1063.jpg

Last edited:
^ I wish Virginia allowed people to put more than just the damn tax stamp (practically) on their windshields. When I had the sun visors in my car they hardly helped since they're so short and I sit significantly lower than with the factory seat. My windshield doesn't have the A-S1 line so, by regulation, it defaults to a limit of no more than 3" worth of "sun shading material" from the top of the windshield. That's less than what the factory visors covered!

Never realized how sexy the TA28 is...

6965460024_76307f4296_b.jpg

And they're not exactly expensive, either.

In good condition I assume they're pretty pricey. Dac_Xint and I looked at a green one a couple of years ago that was pretty tatty and going for about US$25k. Althought in HK you pay way above the odds for stuff like this. The car in your post looks utterly amazing!

Luminis
Never realized how sexy the TA28 is...

And they're not exactly expensive, either.

Amazing classic Toyota, hope I can find a TA and a Hako 2000GT-R. :D

Although it's not common, but you can find one of these in the US. Even if you import one, at least the car is over 25 years old.

Well, I can't, of course, say anything about foreign markets. From what I've seen, though, you'd be able to buy:

• A car in need of some work for sub € 5,000
  • A car in decent condition for sub € 10,000
  • A recently fully restored car for about € 30,000
Personally, I'd be looking for a car where the body is in good condition, whereas the suspension and engine are shot. I'd probably go for a different engine, anyways. Something just as small, put a bit more powerful and economical. Haven't thought it through, but from what little I've gathered, it's possible to swap a 3S GTE into it, so something like Ford's 1.6 Ecoboost or VW's 2.0 FSI (depending on whether I'd want to go turbo or NA) should fit, provide plenty of oomph (about 150 HP and 200 Nm) for such a light car, get great mileage, be good on emissions and relatively cheap to source, as plenty of cars with such engines end up being crashed. Probably not the easiest transplant, but still.

It would take lots of fabricating, of that I'm sure, but this is actually the most realistic approach to getting a that I would love all around. Great looks (with a bit of body work and a lowered/new suspension, wheels etc.), fun due to the light weight (and, thus, sufficient amount of power), not too pricey to keep running. Plus, it's pretty unique, too.

Just a bit of thinking I've done :lol: I love me some nice retro JDM cars and I'm pretty determined to get one, one day. It's out of the question for the next few years, but I'm holding onto that idea. And this approach sure seems more realistic than getting an S30 :sly:

Amazing classic Toyota, hope I can find a TA and a Hako 2000GT-R.

Although it's not common, but you can find one of these in the US. Even if you import one, at least the car is over 25 years old.
Well, it should be a lot cheaper than a GC10, I suppose :D At least if you're going for a genuine GT-R, not just a regular GC10.

Last edited:
Luminis
Well, I can't, of course, say anything about foreign markets. From what I've seen, though, you'd be able to buy:

[*]A car in need of some work for sub € 5,000
[*]A car in decent condition for sub € 10,000
[*]A recently fully restored car for about € 30,000

Personally, I'd be looking for a car where the body is in good condition, whereas the suspension and engine are shot. I'd probably go for a different engine, anyways. Something just as small, put a bit more powerful and economical. Haven't thought it through, but from what little I've gathered, it's possible to swap a 3S GTE into it, so something like Ford's 1.6 Ecoboost or VW's 2.0 FSI (depending on whether I'd want to go turbo or NA) should fit, provide plenty of oomph (about 150 HP and 200 Nm) for such a light car, get great mileage, be good on emissions and relatively cheap to source, as plenty of cars with such engines end up being crashed. Probably not the easiest transplant, but still.

It would take lots of fabricating, of that I'm sure, but this is actually the most realistic approach to getting a that I would love all around. Great looks (with a bit of body work and a lowered/new suspension, wheels etc.), fun due to the light weight (and, thus, sufficient amount of power), not too pricey to keep running. Plus, it's pretty unique, too.

Just a bit of thinking I've done :lol: I love me some nice retro JDM cars and I'm pretty determined to get one, one day. It's out of the question for the next few years, but I'm holding onto that idea. And this approach sure seems more realistic than getting an S30 :sly:

Well, it should be a lot cheaper than a GC10, I suppose :D At least if you're going for a genuine GT-R, not just a regular GC10.

Same Thing with me when I find one of those TA Celica, been thinking of a 3SGTE motor pushing around 350hp would do me good or even a LS1 block for a little USDM/JDM twist, but I'll do either a LS1 or restore the original engine, if I'm lucky to own two.

Yeah I love any of the Hakoskuas Skylines, I just love Skylines/Skyline GTRs/GTRs period :D. But if I can find a 2000GT-R, then debate on either restoring the S20 and building the engine to its max or swapping a SR20 or a RB20DET engine and fixing up the car. So many decisions I think I need to find TWO Hako GTR coupes :D:lol:.

Eunos_Cosmo
Apparently, Hayward Rotary over in the UK is going to be producing road going replicas of this:

I want one!!

OMG!!! Are you kidding, a road car of a 787B?! :eek:......I gotta see this soon to be masterpiece :D.

I wonder if they are working with Mazda with this idea on bringing a LeMans Legend to the streets. Seems like a lot of work with a project like this.

Back