Improvements for GT Sport

• Thread starter Racer31
  • 36 comments
Germany
Germany
Created 27/06/2019

Hello, I have good improvements for the GT Sport development team ..

Desirable improvements (important!) - menus without load times (see button) - button -> select event as in driving school, missions and track experience (missing for individual races, time trials and drift races) - GT League mode - professional league / the prize money indicated contains errors in the professional league. You do not receive the prize money indicated, it then affects the overall progress, because of the progress of the driver level 40 and 50 (trophy maintenance) - Synchronization problems with driven routes (missions, route experiences), driven routes .. the laps and / or route times were partially not taken over. The friends, who are in the possession of GT Sport, could not see mine and partly also I their times. Between 2017 and the end of 2018, we noticed more and more that the GT Sport servers had no connection, there were crashes and short failures while we drove on the track. These were not saved properly and the results were lost. We're driving the tracks again to set new times. It's quite a hassle, though we have a lot of fun with it. Possible improvements (would be fantastic!) - Rewind function as in F1 (possibly) With Video / Lap Save - the option to be able to see your own driving style during the race, because the mental mode only partially helps, because the mind is usually in front of or behind you while driving. Tip: Please insert a rewind function, which can be turned on and off like with the ghost mode. (at driving school and the track experiences) as well at the online races / friendlies (lobby)

-----

Update: 06/29/2019

#1 can select both in GT League mode when selecting tracks.

- Change wagons
- Change track (or install the event button in the main view of all routes per league)
-> as with the driving school and the track experiences

#2 After selecting a track block (category) in the respective league have an overview of the times or which route you have already driven

-----

Update 07/12/2019

- a dynamic driving or racing line (as with F1 from 2011)

Many Greetings! They like to answer .. I am glad.

Lobbies

-30 seconds countdown for race start like in GT6

Its the easiest and most basic thing to add Kaz, why it seems like you dont care much for lobbies anymore?? :ouch:

Apart from that, wouldnt be bad to be able to limit cars by manufacturer, by years, by country.... Again like in GT6.

Also, mandatory pitstop, and mandatory tire compound change... So many easy stuff to add to the lobbies and it seems PD has the lobbies a bit abandonned and wants people to play the goddamn sport mode...

Last edited:
Read it again. He wants GTS to have a 30 second countdown like GT6 has.

Pay attention!

Edit: it's sorted

Sorry, I read it too fast. I have already corrected my contribution. Yes, these are many good suggestions that you have there. Unfortunately, I have only recommended this page. Of course I hope that developers from GT Sport are on the way here. Thanks to Sony I could also post them in a Playstation forum. Let's hope that our suggestions for improvement are read. many Greetings

If I get in direct contact with PD, then I share your improvements with those.

Lobbies

-30 seconds countdown for race start like in GT6

Its the easiest and most basic thing to add Kaz, why it seems like you dont care much for lobbies anymore?? :ouch:

Apart from that, wouldnt be bad to be able to limit cars by manufacturer, by years, by country.... Again like in GT6.

Also, mandatory pitstop, and mandatory tire compound change... So many easy stuff to add to the lobbies and it seems PD has the lobbies a bit abandonned and wants people to play the goddamn sport mode...

Wait, you could limit cars to a certain manufacturer in GT6 lobbies? I never played the game while he servers were active.

For the daily races, force people to use the same car in the race that they qualified with. If they set a new time with a different car, give them the option to forfeit their previous time so they can use the different car in the race. It wouldn’t really affect Race A and B, but it could lead to some interesting grids in Race C.

Or

Keep changing the car category every week, but have the track change after every race with one shot qualifying, similar to ranked multiplayer in the F1 games. Have a predetermined track rotation for each category so you don’t end up with GR1 at Broad bean raceway or something.

PD are set in their ways though, don’t expect any big changes to until the next GT comes out.

Last edited:
Yes, lobbies were far better, AND with audio chat included, something that I also really miss.

I'm not a big fan of audio chat, but as a lobby runner, better filter options for cars would be great. Imagine being able to set car restrictions instead of having to enforce them manually. I've had to kick out a handful of people per event for refusing to pick the specified car(s).

I'm not a big fan of audio chat, but as a lobby runner, better filter options for cars would be great. Imagine being able to set car restrictions instead of having to enforce them manually. I've had to kick out a handful of people per event for refusing to pick the specified car(s).

this and forcing Stock power/weight for everyone. so i can run track day lobbies where you can drive any car but it will be 100/100.

It's always good to have the option for audio chat, and if you want to disable it you can.
The rest I agree

I want to fix the suspension of every car I use for the dailys. I don't mind having B.o.P., that is just standard in real racing but, I can't believe the suspension setup stays the same for every track.
Most of the time I'm not using the car I want to drive, I'm using the one I'm used to driving. Even then, I could do much better by adjusting the suspension. I hate watching my car bounce around just because the suspension is to dam stiff for the track.

I want to fix the suspension of every car I use for the dailys. I don't mind having B.o.P., that is just standard in real racing but, I can't believe the suspension setup stays the same for every track.
Most of the time I'm not using the car I want to drive, I'm using the one I'm used to driving. Even then, I could do much better by adjusting the suspension. I hate watching my car bounce around just because the suspension is to dam stiff for the track.

How do you equalize cars with BOP if you are allowed to adjust the suspension??

I think instead, they should occasionally have races that permit certain sections to be tuned. Some could allow all settings to be tuned aside from power/weight, as BoP would be enabled, whereas some would only allow one section to be tuned (e.g. downforce) or a combination of them without allowing every section to be tuned.

I think instead, they should occasionally have races that permit certain sections to be tuned. Some could allow all settings to be tuned aside from power/weight, as BoP would be enabled, whereas some would only allow one section to be tuned (e.g. downforce) or a combination of them without allowing every section to be tuned.

Lots of players aren’t even aware they can qualify and race on RM/RS on the off-occasion they’re selectable. Some haven’t even figured out how to adjust BB thru the MFD.

If you enabled a little tuning on a per-track basis I think it would go over the heads of a lot of people, which would widen the skill spread, and upset the base. Daily Races need to be as homogenous as possible.

Which is unfortunate, because to your credit it’s actually a good idea - for example, being able to run minimum downforce on Monza. This has never occurred to me. Maybe they could do this for FIA events.

How do you equalize cars with BOP if you are allowed to adjust the suspension??

BoP=Balance of Power, i.e. horsepower and weight, fuel tank size, tire compound, etc., the suspension is something that is adjusted by the crew\team usually at the discretion of drivers for any given track\event for as much of a competitive edge as they can get without breaking the rules of Bop. For example, Wynns Ford GT disqualification for the fuel tank being oversized, and no car has ever been disqualified because of camber angle, or spring\damper rate.
Or show me an example of a disqualification because of suspension setup.

Lots of players aren’t even aware they can qualify and race on RM/RS on the off-occasion they’re selectable. Some haven’t even figured out how to adjust BB thru the MFD.

If you enabled a little tuning on a per-track basis I think it would go over the heads of a lot of people, which would widen the skill spread, and upset the base. Daily Races need to be as homogenous as possible.

Which is unfortunate, because to your credit it’s actually a good idea - for example, being able to run minimum downforce on Monza. This has never occurred to me. Maybe they could do this for FIA events.

The key word is that I'd have this (that is, tuning in limited or complete capacity) be somewhat uncommon but not rare. I'd also count fuel mapping, and TCS/BB tuning via the MFD as "tuning," to build on what you said. I'd also severely limit this when it comes to various non-race cars, if not disabling it entirely depending on the realistic options that car has or had. For example, some cars could change some parameters in the garage, while others could also do so while driving, and some cars didn't even come with some of these features. So, to make this uniform, I think these events should stick with provided cars, whether they're permitting things like on-the-fly TCS tuning or not. Especially if the next GT game has tuning that's much more like prior installments, which seems likely. But otherwise, you could buy a part to enable on-the-go tuning for those parameters, and take your car(s) to lobbies, as well as use liveries you've made on provided cars, (plus a skin system I'd add, which may be good for less-creative racers who still want something other than a standard livery) and use a spiritual successor to the RM system to turn some road cars into racing variants, such as turning an Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car into the 4C Gr.3 Race Car.

To also add, I think that the FIAGTCs could each have their own identity, so that either can be equally enticing, whereas almost everyone is sticking to viewing the Nations Cup for new cars. One could have events more akin to the "Gran Turismo" part of things, and the other to the "FIA" half. So respectively, the races in the former would resemble events from the series, like Race of NA Sports, while the latter would focus on resembling real-world races, like various events in the WEC, Super GT, etc.

Created 27/06/2019

Hello, I have good improvements for the GT Sport development team ..

Many Greetings! They like to answer .. I am glad.

Dude, actual PD devs answering here would be like actual proof of God‘s existence... I don’t think they even loosely monitor these forums here, MAYBE some forums in Japan, who can say for sure...

Dude, actual PD devs answering here would be like actual proof of God‘s existence... I don’t think they even loosely monitor these forums here, MAYBE some forums in Japan, who can say for sure...

Maybe not actual PD devs, but I'm pretty sure some people here (especially the admins) have some connection with PD. How else do you suppose they get those interviews with Kaz himself after various FIAGTC World Tour events?

(Side-note: It'd be great if all the weight stats could be added, too, as some seem to be missing for various car pages on Kudosprime. I don't think it's just that nobody's bothered to post them from in-game - I think that some cars just don't have a listed weight, for some reason.)

Last edited:
BoP=Balance of Power, i.e. horsepower and weight, fuel tank size, tire compound, etc., the suspension is something that is adjusted by the crew\team usually at the discretion of drivers for any given track\event for as much of a competitive edge as they can get without breaking the rules of Bop. For example, Wynns Ford GT disqualification for the fuel tank being oversized, and no car has ever been disqualified because of camber angle, or spring\damper rate.
Or show me an example of a disqualification because of suspension setup.

You are correct about suspension tuning being allowed in real life. I dont see it working quite so well in the game though. I would guess there are many players out there who do not really have much interest in tuning their cars or even the knowledge to go with it. The game is meant to be picked up and played be everyone not just the people who can out tune others. Which suspension settings would PD use for BOP settings if suspension/chassis tuning is allowed?? After all, the reason some people want tuning included is to make their cars faster, correct?? The idea of BOP in the game is to try to make all cars run pretty equal lap times, for the most part it works pretty well. If people like the idea of suspension/chassis tuning included for daily races maybe PD should work on making their set-ups a little more realistic. Some of the set-ups that can be used to make cars faster in the game are pretty silly and would not work so well in real life.

You are correct about suspension tuning being allowed in real life. I dont see it working quite so well in the game though. I would guess there are many players out there who do not really have much interest in tuning their cars or even the knowledge to go with it. The game is meant to be picked up and played be everyone not just the people who can out tune others. Which suspension settings would PD use for BOP settings if suspension/chassis tuning is allowed?? After all, the reason some people want tuning included is to make their cars faster, correct?? The idea of BOP in the game is to try to make all cars run pretty equal lap times, for the most part it works pretty well. If people like the idea of suspension/chassis tuning included for daily races maybe PD should work on making their set-ups a little more realistic. Some of the set-ups that can be used to make cars faster in the game are pretty silly and would not work so well in real life.
I have to agree with you. I just think that it could make the daily races, or any online competition better. It doesn't mean you have to adjust the suspension settings, especially if you're not sure what you're doing. In previous GT games I've had friends never touch the suspension just because they didn't know what to do, myself included tbh.
If you're content with the suspension the way PD set it up then run with it but, if not, then it would be nice to run the set up you prefer, like the rest of the game.

That’s one thing I wouldn’t want, the last thing I’d want is a bunch of people chatting in my ear while I’m trying to race so I understand leaving the chat out. :)
I dont get why people talking annoys you so much, but still, you can have two options:
1) Turn off voice volume
2) Disable voice chat if you open the lobby yourself
Dont limit others options please

I dont get why people talking annoys you so much, but still, you can have two options:
1) Turn off voice volume
2) Disable voice chat if you open the lobby yourself
Dont limit others options please

Because I’m trying to concentrate on racing during that time, why in the world would I want anyone yapping in my ear and distracting me during a race? All you have to do is open a private party and you can chat away to anyone you want in a lobby. 👍

Because I’m trying to concentrate on racing during that time, why in the world would I want anyone yapping in my ear and distracting me during a race? All you have to do is open a private party and you can chat away to anyone you want in a lobby. 👍
I always talk with my online friends when we are playing, we can concentrate no problem. Even real racers have someone talking to them (race engineer) and can concentrate as well.

I always talk with my online friends when we are playing, we can concentrate no problem. Even real racers have someone talking to them (race engineer) and can concentrate as well.

The big difference is that race engineers know when to talk and when not to talk and they also know what to say. Each driver is different, some want a lot info while others want very little communication.

My main gripe is the unused potential for much improved lobbies. I run the Icelandic GTS Championship, and there are bunch of stuff that could be done to improve.

I made a thread a while ago with some wonderings of improvements:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/lobby-racing-suggestions-for-improvements.382442/

An additional point to this thread is to make penalty zones an option for lobbies.

I feel as the lobby part of the game doesn't get enough love and really wish for it to eventually be improved.

the gt league contains 7 race per event maximum I think that can be: there could be 7 daily race and 7 race against the clock in sport mode it will come little by little in the next update! When did you think ??

the gt league contains 7 race per event maximum I think that can be: there could be 7 daily race and 7 race against the clock in sport mode it will come little by little in the next update! When did you think ??

If there was 7 daily races you’d be lucky to have a grid of 5 players.

and that’s in the most populous region

Back