In the next GT installment, what content from prior GT games should return?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 54 comments
To those asking for modifications to return to the cars.... I hope they do not. At least not for Gr. cars. It was infinitely frustrating trying to balance cars in GT5 and GT6, especially with mileage and wear thrown in to further complicate things.

Road cars could possibly get them, but I love that it is so much easier to find lobbies that have a fair bit of balance to them right off the bat now. I know the BoP system isnt perfect and likely never will be, but it is a massive improvement over past systems in GT.

Gr.4, No tuning, Aids restricted, BoP on is the best thing since Shuffle Racing.

I'd love a return of Shuffle Racing, especially now with several classes being fairly populated (n300 shuffle, n500 shuffle, gr.4 shuffle, gr.3 shuffle). Program it to work with BoP so it flexes the Balance to bring drivers closer together. That would be beautiful.

Yeah, B-Spec rules. I can't wait to see that again. How about car brands that's absent in GT Sport, particularly SEAT and Volvo? I like to see the cars and tracks in previous installments to return, Examples includes the Daihatsu Storia and Special Stage Route 11.

Who cares about seat and volvo when they have not cars to fit in Gr1,3 or 4?

Bentley and Lotus would be 1000x more interesting

Who cares about seat and volvo when they have not cars to fit in Gr1,3 or 4?

Bentley and Lotus would be 1000x more interesting

Says who?

POLESTAR-V8SC15R1-CLIPSAL500-DKIMG05081-copy.jpg

Yvan_Muller_and_Andy_Priaulx_2008_Japan.jpg

The S60 has about 640-650hp. weights 1410kg. Easily fits in Gr.3

If you are talking about a V8 SC version I think it would lack downforce as they don't use specific body kits ? I have seen some pictures of a s60GT but I can t find details about it.
In that case I stand corrected, Volvo could work. But that's still way less sexy than a continental gt3... that is raced in blancpain unlike the Volvo
And then there would be the exp speed 8...

WTCC car would barely fit in gr4.

And I'm still waiting for the gr3 and gr1? Good luck with that
Volvo's Polestar 1 could make a neat fantasy Gr.3 car, although someone mentioned theyve put the kibosh on fantasy GT's for now.

And a Gr.1 has proven to be far from a requirement but could be solved by VGT just as it has with other brands.

There are also several Gr.4 cars that are based on touring cars with less performance than WTCC machines (Audi, VW) so a Seat in Gr.4 is no stretch at all. The bigger reach is Seat appearing at all.

If you are talking about a V8 SC version I think it would lack downforce as they don't use specific body kits ? I have seen some pictures of a s60GT but I can t find details about it.
In that case I stand corrected, Volvo could work. But that's still way less sexy than a continental gt3... that is raced in blancpain unlike the Volvo
And then there would be the exp speed 8...
They run skinnier tyres and yes, less downforce. PD's BOP would take care of the rest. They'd be mega fast on the straights though. However, you're looking at about 2 seconds a lap slower at Bathurst.

SEAT could fit into Gr.4 and Gr.3.
· Gr.4 = "super" version of their SEAT León TCR.
· Gr.3 = SEAT Cupra GT from the mid 2000s.

FUN FACT = The Veyron was delayed around 3 years because of air flow issues. Some say that the Veyron-looking Cupra GT might've been the rather expensive answer to those problems.

You do realize GTS uses a pre-baked raytraced global illumination right?

Although, does anyone know if they could pre-render the whole day from 00:00 to 23:59 in, say, 30 minute increments and then use some technique to to mask the transition between the changes?

This thread is about the next GT game though, not GTSport.

Doing multiple high quality pre-bakes for indirect lighting and storing them in irradiance volumes, which can be blended for dynamic time change has been done in another Sony game. It runs at 30fps in very large open environments, but PS5 should provide more than enough power to up the framerate if PD wants to do something similar. Devs are finding out new tricks to up the quality and cut the performance impact pretty quickly.

Last edited:
I saw day-to-night transitions work stupidly easy on Unreal Engine 3 (or was it UE4?). Some engines can do it so easily it's stupid. I could not only set time of the day but also day and month and position in the globe. The Sun placed itself and shadows changed instantly.

EVERY SINGLE RACING GAME NEEDS THIS, even the ones that aren't about endurance racing need it. I could really see the difference between racing at 9:00 and at 11:00 or the difference between Australia and the USA on the same day!

To those asking for modifications to return to the cars.... I hope they do not. At least not for Gr. cars. It was infinitely frustrating trying to balance cars in GT5 and GT6, especially with mileage and wear thrown in to further complicate things.

Road cars could possibly get them, but I love that it is so much easier to find lobbies that have a fair bit of balance to them right off the bat now. I know the BoP system isnt perfect and likely never will be, but it is a massive improvement over past systems in GT.

Gr.4, No tuning, Aids restricted, BoP on is the best thing since Shuffle Racing.

What I meant is that you could have the option to take a road car you have, and turn it into a formal Gr.4/Gr.3/etc. car, much like the RM option in GT5 and GT2. It'd be for the "made-for-game" race cars, whereas something like the Ferrari 458 GT3 is something you'd buy from the dealership like any other car. You'd also need to get the respective homologation car for some of the race cars, like the 4C Gr.3 Road Car, and only once you have that is when you'd be able to RM it into the 4C Gr.3 Race Car. Whereas just having a plain 4C would allow you to RM it into the Gr.4 car.

I do wonder, though, how road cars will be balanced, if at all, when players may have different levels of parts installed? Maybe they'll be prohibited if settings are disabled? Or maybe they won't be permitted at all, and if settings are enabled, you'll only be able to tune the settings that can be changed when the car is stock. That could be neat, especially if you can't tune stuff like ABS/TCS (either off-track or on-the-fly) if the car didn't come with the option IRL.

IMO, I'd also lock unit readouts and transmission type to the car. So it'd only be in MPH if the car is USDM, like the Nissan GT-R Premium that's in GTS. And similarly, you'd have a few different potential transmissions. There's AT, MT with sequential, but also MT with clutch. I'd love it for GT to implement being able to shift with clutch since Forza seems to be able to do it. There could also be CVTs, and even "semi-auto" transmissions.

Last edited:
@MIE1992 Having done the Race Mod thing since GT2, I much prefer the GT6 and GT Sport method of just being able to buy the car outright with it already being at a certain level of tune. The RM process was fun with GT2 before there was widespread internet information. It was like getting a prize in your box of cereal. But GT5's version was highly lacking due to the increasing fidelity of cars and graphics which limited the amount of cars.

I know Lotus is missing but one of the most glaring things in GT6 is how there had heaps of Lotus Elise variants but not a single Exige. Its a main stay isnt it?

This thread is about the next GT game though, not GTSport.

Doing multiple high quality pre-bakes for indirect lighting and storing them in irradiance volumes, which can be blended for dynamic time change has been done in another Sony game. It runs at 30fps in very large open environments, but PS5 should provide more than enough power to up the framerate if PD wants to do something similar. Devs are finding out new tricks to up the quality and cut the performance impact pretty quickly.

This is exactly what I had in my mind :drool:

@MIE1992 Having done the Race Mod thing since GT2, I much prefer the GT6 and GT Sport method of just being able to buy the car outright with it already being at a certain level of tune. The RM process was fun with GT2 before there was widespread internet information. It was like getting a prize in your box of cereal. But GT5's version was highly lacking due to the increasing fidelity of cars and graphics which limited the amount of cars.

But it could be fun to see a car that’s yours get turned into a race-ready car that’s compliant with a certain group, plus it could reduce menu clutter in the dealerships by only allowing you to get the cars via RM. But perhaps this could spread to the real-world race cars that may be put in alongside their homologation models, like the Nissan R390. Idk.

I concur. The '08 G37 from JR Rocha is my favorite from that collection.

It was awesome back in GT5 and 6, and its return would be more than welcome.

P.S. RIP JR Rocha

What I want most of all is a ton of races and replayability, something that has been lacking since GT4
GTSport has moved in the right direction adding roughly a dozen races every month but this isn't enough. They need to be there from the start

Some of these have been mentioned already but to reiterate, I would include:
  • Quick Matches (GT5 Prologue and GT6 had this)
  • Shuffle racing (GT5 of course)
  • Seasonal events (GT5/GT6 of course)
  • More manufacturer events
  • Driving missions (GT4 style)
  • Dirt/Snow
  • Shortened endurance events (GT6 style)
  • Endurance events (GT4/GT5 style)
In addition:
  • Bring back championship events offline with prize cars instead of the daily car prizes (use the prize car shuffle system though)
  • More daily races (at least twice as many)
  • The ability to create and share your own events and championships

Optional feature IMHO would be:
  • Weather and time transitions - Provided it is used in the majority of events either dynamically, statically, preset or randomised
  • Track editor for both circuit and point to point events - Again provided it is used in a significant portion of the game

Last edited:
Every SEMA Show winner, including the Buick Special from back in GT4.

Plus all the Tokyo Auto Salon winners, from the temporary period that PD awarded prizes to cars from that event. IIRC among them was the Toyota FT-86 Sports concept, the D1GP-spec RX-7 FC, and that Lancer Evo IX tuned by HKS.

I also wanna see the two Leno cars, the Nike One 2022, all three Senna cars, and Andretti’s Hudson. Plus the other Red Bull cars, like the X2010, X2011, the X2014 fan car, and the kart. (But maybe just one of the three X2010s could return, as I wonder if the other two seem a bit superfluous. Maybe the Sebastian Vettel version?)

Back