In this thread, we show silly liveries based on really mundane products!

• Thread starter kiroquai
  • 54 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hello!

So I also spend time doing retro liveries based on old (usually late 80s) F1 cars. That thread is right here if you want something a little more serious.

Anyway, here's my first two liveries. The first is based upon an incredibly addictive cheese snack, similar to (but better than) Cheetos.

wotsitscar.jpeg

Not satisfied by this nightmare, I then decided to make a car look like a pack of sausages. Halfway through I then decided to add in a Flour brand too, ending up with this somewhat unsettling creation:

image0.jpeg

That's all for now. To be fair I should probably be banned from creating liveries because of these, but that won't stop me! Expect more ridiculously ugly schemes based upon mundane UK foods soon :)

EDIT: I should add these are both shared for other people to download. If you have come across either whilst searching through the showcase you have my sincere condolences.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! Some excellent ones, suspect you’ll see them on a 911RSR sooner rather than later!

Also coming soon: a livery based around an ancient and controversial crisp and one based upon a defunct and usually awful restaurant chain.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! Some excellent ones, suspect you’ll see them on a 911RSR sooner rather than later!

Also coming soon: a livery based around an ancient and controversial crisp and one based upon a defunct and usually awful restaurant chain.
Wimpy? Can't get the crisp one!

Do a Gregg's livery 😂

In 1981, a Welsh pub landlord created a unique snack that proved so popular his creation went nation-wide soon after.

Problem was, advertising standards noticed they didn’t actually contain any of their supposed main ingredient (they were flavoured with pork fat and herbs). As such, they were soon rebranded.

Still, the legend of these things remains amongst those of a certain age in this country until this very day. Presenting the Hedgehog Crisps 911RSR!

F8A37B00-F7FA-45DE-A0FA-C3AF0217E7BA.jpeg

A tricky one to do, this - all the decals were vectorised from clippings from a 35-year old crisp packet. Probably not doing that again!

In 1981, a Welsh pub landlord created a unique snack that proved so popular his creation went nation-wide soon after.

Problem was, advertising standards noticed they didn’t actually contain any of their supposed main ingredient (they were flavoured with pork fat and herbs). As such, they were soon rebranded.

Still, the legend of these things remains amongst those of a certain age in this country until this very day. Presenting the Hedgehog Crisps 911RSR!

View attachment 1130845

A tricky one to do, this - all the decals were vectorised from clippings from a 35-year old crisp packet. Probably not doing that again!
Fair play to you, these are all absolutely fantastic! Yes there's humour, but they're all bloody good designs too! I might be sporting the Hedgehog crisps livery when I get round to getting the Porsche 😂

Edit: I now know there's a Museum of Crisps.

I'm actually Welsh, and I love this story. Thanks mate!

Last edited:
‘Hey marketing guy, I want you to make me an iconic livery for this season. Something like the old Gulf Porsche stripe thing, yeah?’

‘But sir, the brands we are signed with don’t necessarily lend themselv…’

‘LIKE THE OLD GULF PORSCHE STRIPE, YEAH?’

F89BC05C-26A3-439D-9332-AE9F29E4798F.jpeg

Last edited:
Okay, so first of all these are fantastic, especially the smooth/crunchy sun-pat split livery, I think that concept actually works really well, like, unironically. However, please forgive me if this is horning in on your turf but having found this thread i do feel like you might dig these :D

039.png
020.png

Also, I'm new here so I suspect this might be a bannable offence but I also combined the food and retro f1 thing back in F*rza a few years ago by doing a Lotus in livery for a bar Cadbury's had stopped doing by the time I was born...

019.jpg
;)

Last edited:
I love the Flake one too!
I’ve got a couple of ideas up my sleeve for some rubbish retro sponsors 😁

That is fantastic. Love the mixture of a highly-tuned, hand-crafted sports car and the Tesco Value scheme. The 'Tesco Value Livery' is a really fun touch :)

My rate of creating liveries might slow a bit for the foreseeable (am about to become a father, busy time at work etc) but I am working on one that mixes a now almost entirely extinct convenience shop brand that has a very 1980s colour scheme with a sweet manufacturer that has notably garish logos. What could possibly go wrong?

Haha yeah! Go for it though, can't hurt to have multiple takes on the same idea :)

I have edited the thread name so it's indicative that it's a place for everyone to show their own stuff if they'd like.

That reminds me actually, I did this back in GT Sport...

May have to resurrect it :D
Absolutely perfect from concept to execution, the 'Tyres Brakes Oil' down byt he rear wheel arch is just... perfection.

Awesome! I was just thinking about funny liveries yesterday, and think that making some based off fictional products would be super fun.

Some examples:

Snacky Smores/Cheezy Poofs (south park)
ACME (Looney Tunes)
Dunder/Mifflin (The Office)
Scooby Snacks (C'mon...)
Cinco products (Tim & Eric)
Red Apple cigarettes (Tarantino)
BRAWNDO (Idiocracy)
Duff Beer (Simpsons)
Sprunk (or anything GTA)
Reptar (Rugrats)

There are many more, and I'll definitely post mine up in here when I get some time to create one!

How would we find these in game? Are you able to add the links to them on the GT7 site so we may add to our collections?

Great stuff in here! 👍

If you want to go the mundane route and are lost for ideas: brands of garbage bags, toothpaste, q tips, dish washing soap, aspirine, tampons, toilet cleaning agents, etc. would be hilarious (IMO).

Back