Incompatibility with room owner [697]

  • Thread starter Thread starter zujca
  • 19 comments
  • 8,958 views
Messages
315
It's an error I get with most of the rooms online. Anything I can do? My internet is fine, the hosts weren't that far away from me and I never had any problems connecting to people on other games.
 
I had that with GT5 a lot. I'm no computer genius, but they say that if your connection is set to NAT Type 3 it will cause problems and limited online functions (some games actually tell you this).

But I don't believe that helps much, as I did change it to NAT 1 (Or 2; I don't remember. It was a nightmare to do this, and I even had to pay for a public IP) and still had those problems.

So far, the two times I've played GT6 online, it has worked perfectly. I can even get in full rooms, which is something GT5 didn't let me.
 
Routers/Modems internal Firewall is most common reason for that behavior, here is two ways to get around it;
1) Activate UPnP on Router/Modem
2) Disable Router/Modem Firewall (if 1st isn't helping, or want to be sure at it will work)
 
I've had internet problems before and they were resolved using different DNS addresses.
Try 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
 
Of course if the room host you are trying to join is not using Nat 2 you may have problems connecting but so will a lot of other people.

I'm not sure what the problem was but I ran into an issue in Forza one night where two of my friends were trying to join my lobby and only one could get it. It did not matter which one it was but after one got in the other one could not. We tried several times, both of them reset their routers, we even tried changing the room host and creating a new room but no matter what we did those two could not be in the same lobby at the same time. No one else was having any problems
 
It's an error I get with most of the rooms online. Anything I can do? My internet is fine, the hosts weren't that far away from me and I never had any problems connecting to people on other games.

Think it happened to me once or twice, that I get some error mesage (out of 50-60 online sessions) , but no serious dis-connection problems here.

PS. Lahko se pa kdaj zmenimo za Slo/Slo online ,pa boš videl ali je problem pri tebi (router) ali pri lobby hostih :D
 
Routers/Modems internal Firewall is most common reason for that behavior, here is two ways to get around it;
1) Activate UPnP on Router/Modem
2) Disable Router/Modem Firewall (if 1st isn't helping, or want to be sure at it will work)

Akshually, I had the "incompatible host" problem on GT5 too after getting a new router. I couldn't join 9 out of 10 rooms and if I did manage to join the room, I got promptly disconnected.

Do you know how I fixed it? By deactivating UPnP. I have no idea why but that fixed the problem with "incompatible host" or whatever the error was. It wasn't a one-off thing. I can replicate the problem by simply activating UPnP again.
 
Akshually, I had the "incompatible host" problem on GT5 too after getting a new router. I couldn't join 9 out of 10 rooms and if I did manage to join the room, I got promptly disconnected.

Do you know how I fixed it? By deactivating UPnP. I have no idea why but that fixed the problem with "incompatible host" or whatever the error was. It wasn't a one-off thing. I can replicate the problem by simply activating UPnP again.
Disabling from router?
Some routers with firewall and UPnP active are failing games connections, both disabled is easiest solution.
Also if changing UPnP setting and forget reboot router and ps3 result is fail on most case.
Also noticed at on certain cases when my home network is 1gbit net but its connected to router 100mbit there was weird lag on game, then changed ps3 net speed manually to 100mbit and lag was gone, maybe ps3 tried push much out and get only wait packets from router..
 
Also, there is something to take in consideration. Most people have routers, which makes it easier to fix the NAT Type issues, being thousands of procedures online on how to do it yourself. But for people like me who has contracted a service exclusively for the PS3, that means I have no router. The Modem is connected directly to the PS3 with an ethernet cable, and even if I bridged the connection by putting a router in the middle of the modem and the PS3 (useless and a waste of money), at the end it all depends on the connection my ISP provides.

So yeah, in my case it was much harder, because the connection type was something controlled by my ISP. I had to pay an extra amount to get a public IP Address and do some crazy shizz with an incompetent Tech Support Agent on the phone. But it was fixed. Now I don't have NAT Type 3 anymore.

Doesn't really matter since I'll change ISP's soon...
 
I had tons of problems with GT6 online so I tried everything with my wifi like port forwarding, DMZ, etc. My PS3 recently bricked and I was given a replacement (older) model and I think the wi-fi is just very bad in it, so I hooked it up via ethernet cable and it's been a black and white difference so far.

With wi-fi it would take like 10 or more seconds to auto-sign in once the console launched to the XMB, and in GT6 when I went to open lobby it would take a long time to establish connection to even see the room list (30 seconds or more). Then when I tried to join a room... probably 70-80% of the time I couldn't join the rooms I tried. It would take forever to load and then timeout, say I couldn't join, or one time it didn't freeze but nothing would happen and I had to reset the system.

Since I changed to ethernet, I sign in almost immediately in the XMB, it takes only a few seconds to connect to GT servers, I can join any room I want (so far) and it joins within a few seconds.

I remember I had a lot of problems in GT5 with disconnect problems or being incompatible with many hosts, but that was when I had a different PS3 with a better wi-fi signal. I remember forwarding my ports and I probably added the PS3 to the DMZ, and I think that seemed to solve the problems back then.
 
I cannot seem to solve this problem no matter what I do. I forward ports, add the ps3 to the dmz, even disable firewall. Nothing so far. And its not just me having this problem either.
 
Do you know how I fixed it? By deactivating UPnP. I have no idea why but that fixed the problem with "incompatible host" or whatever the error was. It wasn't a one-off thing. I can replicate the problem by simply activating UPnP again.

This actually seems to have worked for me. Thanks!
 
I'm a Certificated Cisco Network Engineer.

In My Club there was a Incompatibility from me and another member.

First Step : find The problem

Host 1 with tethering on his Phone Host The room

If The problem was solved The problem depending from Host 1.

In this case was me.

So i tryed every type of solution

Deactivate firewall,on/off dmz, punto on/Off, different dns, different Mtu...nothing of this was fine on FOUR DIFFERENT ROUTER.

So for The Last time I've tryed ad old router gift from provider with Basic setup. And The problem was solved.

I tryed The same setup from others router But The problem was reappears.
Its incredibile for me especially for My work. I Don't Have any reason for this problem.

On logs of routers The problem was ever The same : failed to open a "Call from Nat", also if ps3 was on DMZ and firewall Off... WTF!!
 
I have seen this occur multiple times and have helped people fix it several times. I am not saying this IS the solution, but always works for me. The two people with conflicting connections, completely reboot their systems. It is sometimes only one person or the other, but sometimes both.

Once again, I do not claim this a a solution, but has worked for me.

Here is an example:
Person 'A' is hosting. Person 'B' tries to join and gets the error. Both 'A' and 'B' reboots their system.

Example 2: Person 'A' is the second person in the room, person 'B' is third in the room. When both are on the track, they cannot see each other. However, just like earlier, both 'A' and 'B' reboot their systems' and they then can see each other in on the track.
 
Back