Inconsistent engine sound

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ron70AMC
  • 15 comments
  • 2,216 views
Messages
17
United States
Tucker Georgia
Messages
Ron70AMC
Anyone noticing inconsistent engine sound. Started a race and could not hear engine at all, only wind noise. Half a lap bumped the the car in front.. THUD.. (opps) and engine sound came back some so bumped another car and it seened pretty normal for the rest of the race. (Toyota 86 GT Aniv. Edition).
Noticed with others also.
 
Anyone noticing inconsistent engine sound. Started a race and could not hear engine at all, only wind noise. Half a lap bumped the the car in front.. THUD.. (opps) and engine sound came back some so bumped another car and it seened pretty normal for the rest of the race. (Toyota 86 GT Aniv. Edition).
Noticed with others also.
Yeah happened well I noticed it in the wrx premium car
 
Haven't came across that yet tho I wish I could hear the same engine sound from the view above the car as to the sound from bumper view. The sound from 3rd person view is nice through the centre speaker but crap to drive. Is it meant to be like that?
 
Anyone noticing inconsistent engine sound. Started a race and could not hear engine at all, only wind noise. Half a lap bumped the the car in front.. THUD.. (opps) and engine sound came back some so bumped another car and it seened pretty normal for the rest of the race. (Toyota 86 GT Aniv. Edition).
Noticed with others also.


Yes, I've noticed engine sound comming and going after hitting a wall for example. Have also experienced a case where theres this "clompety clomp" sound that just wont go away unless I exit the game entirely and then start it back up clean.
 
I too have noticed a sort of "numbing" of sound, usually after a collision, on no specific car. Most recently happened to me in the Lightweight Rocket.
 
I've had it happen with a bunch of cars, on random tracks, both on and offline. I've had no engine, just transmission/turbo noise and tire squeal for laps upon laps. If I randomly hit something or run over curbing, my engine is back. Sometimes, I don't think I did anything, just shifted to the next gear and it had sound.

I've had sound cut in/out mid race temporarily, for a few seconds at a time, no rhyme or reason.

I've also had all sound, including effects and music, even the menu "clicks", disappear. Just cut off entirely mid-race. Persisted across cars, rooms, offline mode, practice, menus, etc. Had to quit and re-load to get back sound, sound came back as soon as the XMB loaded.

I can't tell what's causing it, how to prevent it, or a surefire way of resolving it. I have a nicer Yamaha 5.1 receiver that's provided years of trouble free service, I'm 100% sure it's not the hardware.
 
Anyone noticing inconsistent engine sound. Started a race and could not hear engine at all, only wind noise. Half a lap bumped the the car in front.. THUD.. (opps) and engine sound came back some so bumped another car and it seened pretty normal for the rest of the race. (Toyota 86 GT Aniv. Edition).
Noticed with others also.

Yes this has been discussed quite a bit already in the "Epic Whining Thread". The sound issues will be sorted in time and requires us to have a bit more patience before the update is released. This reminds me almost exactly of the GT5 launch and how issues with the game were remedied over time with patches and updates but the immediate uproar in the interim took center stage. Don't worry Kaz has already stated that he's working on a new sound implementation for GT6 that may or may not make it out in a timely fashion:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-engine-sounds/

A few excerpts from the interview:

KY: “Actually, we are doing research right now to generate the sounds in a completely different way. I’m not sure if it is actually going to make it into GT6 in time yet, but we’ll have to see.”

GTP: The artificial intelligence of the other drivers, will that see any changes or improvements in GT6?
KY: “Like the sounds, that is something that we’re rebuilding for GT6. It won’t be the same as GT5."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it sucks and not what the lot of us want to hear but unfortunately you're just going to have to be patient and let it roll out when PD has it ready to roll out. Hope that helps a bit! :gtplanet:
 
Ive noticed the same a few times on various cars and various tracks always immediately following the rolling start. So far for me its disappeared once ive gone up and down the gearbox a couple times. I also have a decent receiver thats been trouble free throughout its life and I assume its software related.
 
It's happened to me a few more times. Body hits restore the engine sound every time (now that I'm paying attention to what makes it come back). DS3, G27 (with or without clutch and 6-speed, starting in-gear or in-neutral) makes no difference.

I've run clean races with no sound. If I start with no sound, I make it a point to bump the car in front of me, and sound is back instantly. If I choose to wait (until, say, the first corner) to bump someone, sound is out until I bump them.

Tapping a wall also works, but that also sucks down some extra time compared to tapping the AI.

Still experiencing sound stuttering/cutting out online specifically. Haven't had a full-blown sound disappearance since the 1.02 update however.

FYI, changing from "living room" to "small theater" makes the sound a whole lot better.
 
Turbocharged cars often have turbo spool at normal volume with engine and exhaust sounds dulled until some time at low rpm but under throttle (not simply lifted) gets them up to volume. It's a bug that I'm sure they're working to fix.
 
Almost March and I'm still constantly having these issues.
Same here, here's hoping that it will be fixed in the upcoming update (whenever that is).
 
Yes, I've noticed engine sound comming and going after hitting a wall for example.
I too have noticed a sort of "numbing" of sound, usually after a collision, on no specific car. Most recently happened to me in the Lightweight Rocket.


This issue came about in GT5 (& has been carried over into GT6) after an update that introduced a sound attenuation effect that helped you hear other cars around you. It wasn't needed, & after they did the update, car sounds are turned down for a while after hitting other cars & walls etc. I've even had my engine sound turned down after skidding.

This has been annoying me for years! Yet another example of PD FAIL. :dunce:
 
Always happened with my G37 also.. but mine usually recovers at first turn.
 
I have noticed the same problem yesterday, when i was driving with my Gallardo :rolleyes:
 
Yep been fairly common during game play...be glad when it's fixed
 
Back