Incredibly Oblivious Driver Invades Marathon Route, Because She's Late

Seriously when such event happens people are warned about it, and it's not every weekend.
As someone said before, that's life in cities, and it brings some joy and social activities.

I am sorry that she is disabled but it does not give more rights than any other individual, and if she drives she still has to respect the rules

My hometown. How proud...

Maybe next year the council should put up temporary metal fencing, instead of just cones and signs.

Hah! No way our council will spend on anything as frivolous at that!

Last edited:
As someone who has a house in a part of town that almost every month shut down due to some pedestrian crap like marathons, walkathons, art fest, etc., I feel for the woman in the car. They should have the marathon on a big lawn somewhere. Isn't that your british agricultural contribution to the world?

If I have a gun next to me to blow my brains out after the deed is done, maybe it's a threat. Otherwise, I'm not too keen of ruining the rest of my life over something like that

So the only thing stopping you from driving your car into a group of people is because it would be an inconvenience to YOUR life?????

I would laugh if someone else did it, more like in a way to say I wouldn't spare much pity for the victims,

you have some serious issues and a total lack of empathy towards other people's life. Sorry, but there is no other way to put it.

Last edited:
you have some serious issues and a total lack of empathy towards other people's life. Sorry, but there is no other way to put it.
So the local residents and everyone else who needs to use the roads must be animals... Having empathy for them (as opposed as having empathy for a few hundred runners) is wrong, I suppose.

I'm always on the side of justice, even if it pains me, what I feel is the good proper way, then so be it, even when it works against me. I like anime, but I wouldn't feel right if an anime convention would block a road or would inconvenience the residents with noise at night. I like karts, and wouldn't use public roads to "play" in them. I like to listen to my music loud but I don't do it because it inconveniences others.

But oh well, here in the west, it is "always me me and me"... And if I complain about their attitude and how they are inconvenience me (and usually many many others as well) , I'm the selfish bastard...

Sure they have the right to use the road to have run and have fun, just like anyone has the right to smoke in restaurants or let their dog poop in the sidewalk. But don't the others have a far superior right of driving in the road, eating without other people smoke or walk outside in a clean and hygienic sidewalk?

So the only thing stopping you from driving your car into a group of people is because it would be an inconvenience to YOUR life?????
Actually, no.

Sure they have the right to use the road to have run and have fun... But don't the others have a far superior right of driving in the road
No:
We don't have a hypothecated tax system - there's no tax for roads which is only taken from those who use roads and is only spent on roads. Tax income is pooled and spent from a central fund, blind to where it came from. That means that the runners likely paid for the road too, even if they aren't drivers as well (and statistically they probably are).

The roads are public spaces.
I love how you're trying to paint this as a conflict of rights issue - when it isn't, because there are no rights being ignored when a road is temporarily closed to motorised vehicles - but you're quite happy to support a driver mowing down runners, which actually is a breach of the runners' right to freedom from harm:
If all marathoners get run over by crazy drivers, I would even laugh.

But oh well, here in the west, it is "always me me and me"... And if I complain about their attitude and how they are inconvenience me (and usually many many others as well) , I'm the selfish bastard...

Actually, you are the one who is displaying the "me, me me" attitude in a perfect way, being total intolerant towards events enjoyed by thousands of people just because it could potentially take you a bit longer to get home with your car.

I'm always on the side of justice, even if it pains me,
Problem is, who cares about other people? Yes, catch me in my car in a bad day, and you'd better stay out of the road when in Lisbon :lol:
If I have a gun next to me to blow my brains out after the deed is done, maybe it's a threat. Otherwise, I'm not too keen of ruining the rest of my life over something like that... Seriously, it was supposed to be a joke man, even put the :lol:... I never said I would do it, only said I would laugh if someone else did it, more like in a way to say I wouldn't spare much pity for the victims
Go to a stadium and run in circles, like I care! If all marathoners get run over by crazy drivers, I would even laugh.
I just can't handle all of this JUSTICE!

slayers_amelia024.jpg

Back