IndyCar and iRacing Reunite in Renewed, Multi-Year Partnership

• Thread starter Famine
  • 4 comments
While better than it being under MSG, I still hope that it's not an exclusive licence as far as the car is concerned.
Hopefully it's more of a "this is where the officially endorsed virtual Indycar events will be" kind of deal, that would potentially allow others to feature an Indycar in their games (I think the Forza series had them at one point, for example).

I'd say the same for circuit licencing, although that seems to be a more seperated part by nature, with potential exception of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway itself.

Edit: So I watched a video on the topic by David Land, and he brought to attention the fact that the word "exclusive" isn't used at all in the official announcement. That's great news!

Last edited:
Hopefully not exclusive, because yes, they had the current chassis (minus the aero screen) in FM7 so hopefully it can be added to Forza Motorsport soon. It would be nice to have the two different aero kits though - road/street course and oval configuration for Indy.

Hopefully not exclusive, because yes, they had the current chassis (minus the aero screen) in FM7 so hopefully it can be added to Forza Motorsport soon. It would be nice to have the two different aero kits though - road/street course and oval configuration for Indy.
Would be a great addition to GT7 as well. They could give the IR18 a similar treatment to the Super Formula cars (which are, of course, also made by Dallara), with a generic livery Chevy version and generic livery Honda version, plus there will be at least one vintage Indy car coming to a GT game eventually:

Back