Inertial Drift released earlier today on all platforms and it is quite a unique experience

Wales
Wales, UK
Snake55wildcat
I have been enjoying this arcade racer lately since it released earlier today, and I have been enjoying it a lot, im surprised there isnt a thread here yet about it, though with its close proximity to Hotshots Racing i'd aimgine its taking all the eyes off of this game and that is quite a shame, because this game is equally deserved of attention. with some nicely stylised visuals on display as well.

Wasn't sure what to expect of the 'twin stick' mechanic at first, but I've found it easy to learn and incredibly satisfying with the Coda Gecko (Ada in 'Story' mode). Getting some tight lines and nice corner speeds with it (plus #1 on the City Skyline Time Attack leaderboard so far! :D) so highly recommend using that to start with if you want to get to grips with the handling and 'twin stick' models.

Really like the aesthetics and the way that the 'Story' mode is structured so far. Some of the car models (especially the Velox Jet Z 880) are giving me plenty of mid-2000s Ridge Racer vibes.

Last edited:
Yeah i've really been enjoying my time with this, further helped that this game actually makes you unlock vehicles unlike Hotshots Racing mentioned earlier, think that might be why i've been enjoying inertial Drift so much at the moment too, not everything is given to you from the beginning, you got to work for it, also the Style scoring mode is surprisingly indepth.

Last edited:
I manage to complete the story mode with the HPE Dragon with most of the event on gold, the story mode seems to be fairly short and it doesn't use all the tracks available in game but the twin stick control is fun as hell once I get used to it. Now going through the story mode again with the yellow hatchback to unlock the challenge mode for the class C cars.

Class C cars seems to be very nimble and it turns fairly well when you have both stick point the same direction while class B cars is much more heavier and it needs either braking before turns or lifting off throttle to get a decent angle. I tried 2 class A car so far and they seem to be very twitchy.

My only complain with the game is on race mode the cars opponent cars still have no collision. It makes the event to be identical to ghost battles without ghost effect on the opponent cars. Also, score requirement for style events seems to be ridiculously low from what I tried so far. I remember 1 event needed 4000 point for gold and by the the time I finish my run I scored 39k.

the Venom Ind. Raptor is an absolutely insane car to learn and drive, definitely a difficult proposition and trying to keep the drive smooth and fast on tighter routes is nigh on impossible with only really being able to corner when drifting at a right angle to the road

1.03 Patch went live today which should fix the Velox Impuls challenge, allowing it to be unlocked at last, as well as a few other fixes, like the 'almost there' trophy/achievement now triggering as intended. thanks to this, I can now use the Velox Impuls on other tracks at last, and i did a half decent run just now, but I did it in Practice mode and not Time Trial like an idiot :lol:

Last edited:
Back