INFINITI CONCEPT VGT Super Lap: Big Willow

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 103 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
INFINITI CONCEPT VGT Super Lap: Big Willow

02_infiniti_vgt-jpg.275143

Image courtesy of JogoAsobi .. Many Thanks.

Rankings Registration: 17/12/2014, 04:00 GMT/UTC – 15/01/2015, 03:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 17/12/2014, 04:00 GMT/UTC – 15/01/2015, 03:00 GMT/UTC

Entry Requirements:
N/A: Courtesy Car Provided

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 200,000
Silver: Cr. 120,000
Bronze: Cr. 80,000

Gift(s):
Gold: N/A
Prize For taking Part: INFINITI CONCEPT Vision Gran Turismo

Target Time:
Gold: 1:19.000
Silver: 1:21.000
Bronze: 1:27.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Willow Springs: International Raceway: Big Willow
Track Length: 2.46 miles / 3959 m
Time of day: **:**
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

I'm not really sure if Willow Springs was the best choice for this event, the car feels odd around the track. On other tracks I've driven in, the car feels nice and planted enough, but the highs and lows of Willow seem to upset that balance far too much. It's about as tricky getting a good time here as it is in the 2X's event. In another track, this event would be a bit more enjoyable.

PD sure do like willow springs dont they? c'mon PD there are other track on this game. .

as for the car, sounds awful for a start. looks nice but that's it.

Feels like a Corvette to me, yes had some trouble drifting wide left on the last curve but a fairly routine Gold time otherwise.

Made my gift car the deep purple, but no tunes except for brake balance (for crying out) aloud.

Gold and done on the 3rd try. Really don't understand why PD keeps insisting on using Willow, and its variations, for these events. Most over-used track if there ever was one. For that reason, I probably won't come back to this one.
Only silver so far. Looking forward to having your blue line disappear into the distance. Lol! Hkwever i can pass you at turn two of the 2X TT but not for very long. :)

Only silver so far. Looking forward to having your blue line disappear into the distance. Lol! Hkwever i can pass you at turn two of the 2X TT but not for very long. :)

Well, you shouldn't have much of a problem catching, or even beating, my blue line. Very much a very poor effort on my part and definitely not my best work, but I was only interested in Gold. Good luck, I'm sure you'll have no problems besting my time. 👍 :cheers:

That challenge wasn't that hard, but I just couldn't get a feel for how the car was actually reacting to what I was doing. It was like there was some random component between my input and the car's movements. Like some elaborate stability control system that decides on its own whatever it thinks is best...

This car is one of the best with stock settings :) It is good to be in front of my friends list after the horrible, humiliating, 2X. 1.14,5xx or so and still some time to gain ^^ Good Job PD with this one

Well, you shouldn't have much of a problem catching, or even beating, my blue line. Very much a very poor effort on my part and definitely not my best work, but I was only interested in Gold. Good luck, I'm sure you'll have no problems besting my time. 👍 :cheers:
I don't know man. I'm too busy being mad at the 2X. Lol! :)

Hi just making sure I post to follow the thread at the moment. Heard a lot of good things about the car but quite frankly i'm not liking it or the track.

I can't remember my time the minute, dad's on there but i'm sat at rank #75 with at least 1 second to get from it. If anyone wants to add me please do so, only have a few friends which I can actually have a battle with and they haven't attempted this yet. Thanks, and will get back to you guys in an hour or so when I've improved :P 👍

Did it today.
Traction at 2, i like this car.15 minutes and gold.
Could be a nice drift car, but then again, you brake, the car looks understeering, push gas, grips, loose gas and slides into oversteer.
Like it much more then that Chaparral bengbengbeng tron 4wheelbike..

Like the colors available for this car, too bad is 1 mil if you what another pain chip.

BTW the Bruno dude from Brasil is about 30ish now

Use it on the straight parts of the track, and on corner exits if you can. The speed boost will help, trust me. I managed to gold the event yesterday after using a bit of KERS.
I've just put it on and i'm sat at 74th now, but I should gain a lot from that. Thanks all 👍

I did a 1:18:468 using my dfgt wheel, I was 2 seconds slower using the controller. Using a wheel for this event worked well for me, I had better control of the car. If I keep going I might be able to improve by another second or so. I use active steering: strong, abs: 1 and left TC on the stock setting.

Back