Infiniti Concept VGT

• Thread starter MasterGT
  • 9 comments
Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
MastrGT
It seems that no-one has posted a tune for the Ininiti Concept VGT yet. I can understand that, considering how the default car handles.

Here is my attempt to tame it. I would love to see better tunes.

Infiniti-Concept-VGT-suspension-20210516112941.jpg

Infiniti-Concept-VGT-gears-20210516112742.jpg

This car has been my biggest tuning challenge yet. Controlling tire wear is crucial for maintaining control, in the long run. Coast through curves, if you have to and be careful of the torque. Pressing on the brakes cuts power from the engine, as with the F1 car. The car does not have a full set of adjustments, including camber and ride height. The car bottoms out frequently, shown by all of those sparks. I posted an 8-lap Custom race against the AI in my GT feed, to show driving style. If it is any consolation to you, the AI can't drive this car, either. :dunce:

Last edited:
I updated my tune to the above one. I set a noticeably faster lap time with it, and another faster driver also did as well with it as with his own fast tune.

I would still like to see your tunes.

I did this a few years ago.
Never published because still very bad even using extremes settings but not enough to balance the horrible driving sensation.
I think the PD crew was drunk this day at the office when they write some codes and send the update.
They even shut the main parameters ride height / cambers.
A real nightmare.

Obs. Brake balance -5 must be wrong now.
IMG_20210516_204941.jpg

All of the VGTs suffer from horrible suspension geometry to be honest. They're designed to look good with low ride height and stance, not for racetrack driving :lol: I wouldn't try too hard and just enjoy it in photomode instead :P

It seems that getting the differential right calms the car down. In fact, adjusting solely the differential is enough to make it handle well on Sport Softs.

The extreme brake balance does work, especially when the rest of the tune is not working.

If the settings are good, even tire wear is reasonable. The tuned car is not as bad as it is stock.

Last edited:
praiano63: it would be interesting to see what kind of tire wear that you would get with that toe.

What do you use as a guide to change rollbar settings in Sport? I find it difficult to "see" body roll, especially in low centre of gravity cars, such as this one.

praiano63: it would be interesting to see what kind of tire wear that you would get with that toe.

What do you use as a guide to change rollbar settings in Sport? I find it difficult to "see" body roll, especially in low centre of gravity cars, such as this one.
Sorry but i can't drive this car anymore. It's broken and i don't see people wanting to race it... Good luck.

Sorry but i can't drive this car anymore. It's broken and i don't see people wanting to race it... Good luck.
The car handles fine, once tuned.

I am still curious how you register body roll , in Sport, to be able to adjust rollbars. I find it hard to see it, to know how to adjust it.

Back