Ants?

• Total voters

Omnis

Not Even A Real Mod
Staff Emeritus
United States
Application hell
MP-Omnis
GOD DAMN THESE ****ING ANTS, COMING IN MY HOUSE LIKE THEY OWN THE DAMN PLACE!!

stupidass rain and hurricane charley, made all the ants seek shelter in my house. now they are all in my dog's food, and all over my desk.

🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 !!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so the point of this thread is how much ants suck. discuss it. and share.

wow, i didnt even see that roach thread. i guess im just pissed and needed to vent...like e-vent or something. yeah, like that helps.

lol. at least its pissants and not some bigass carpenter things.

I have nothing better to do. :indiff:

Attachments

• ants.jpg
    ants.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 43
Omnis
GOD DAMN THESE ****ING ANTS, COMING IN MY HOUSE LIKE THEY OWN THE DAMN PLACE!!

stupidass rain and hurricane charley, made all the ants seek shelter in my house. now they are all in my dog's food, and all over my desk.

DIE MOTHER****ERS!!!!! :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 !!!!!!!

I bet they will crawl into your ears while you sleep :scared: Then they take over your brain

milefile
Did you know ants are communists? It's true.
And look where they're stuck at – Moving dirt all day. I think there's a lesson to be learned there.

Anyway, I don't see why people think ants are "gross"... they're not slimy or smelly or anything. They're good at cleaning up fly carcasses and what not (nature's little janitors).

Had the same problem here, there was so much ants that we couldn't even see the cat's food under them..., and there was a continuous trail of ants, about one inch wide from the bowl to the hole in the wall.

Try this, it solved our problem in 2-3 days. The ant baits are a waste of money.

If you have ants in your house you may want to consider CLEANING IT UP.

Vacums aren't that expensive, wet a rag, wipe stuff down.

hanker
If you have ants in your house you may want to consider CLEANING IT UP.

Vacums aren't that expensive, wet a rag, wipe stuff down.
I'd like you to show me how you vacum or wipe inside a wall... 💡

its not that ants are disgusting. they are just annoying, and they get in food and whatnot.

my room is spotless....i just renovated it. its because of the torrential(sp?) rain that charley brought that they are in my house.

they'll go away after a while....but it does suck having to kill these bastids while they are here.

There used to be a rock out teh front of my house. Under the rock was an ants nest, and whenever you lifted it up they all pile into out house.
Oh the wonders of ant powder and boiling water!
I also like watching some of them wriggle when they hit the windscreen at 70mph! :D

I've been busting my ass trying to keep the kitchen clean, inpections every 20 or so minutes and doing the dishes immediately after anyone in the house eats anything. Some scouts still keep wandering in, and it only takes one finding a small bit of anything and 10 minutes to set a trail and we're screwed.

I set up baits trying for the long game, but my mom's memory problem keeps her from knowing to just leave them alone so she sprays the ants, and the bait, with bleach everytime she goes in the kitchen and sees them.

I wouldn't mind just dowsing their asses with Raid, but we have a dog so that's a no-go. And any pet-friendly alternatives I've tried do absolutely jack.

There are three colonies on our property that I know of and they make me miserable to no end. Eveyone else seems to do everything they can to invite them in, bunch of slobs. My mom tries to fight the problem, but her methods actually make things worse(smashing them and spreading their pheromones, and interfering with the baits).

:banghead:This is a big source of anxiety for me and I lose a lot of my time worrying about it.

Holy thread revival, Batman!

I've had ant issues in the past and even recently. There's nothing a good blitzing of Raid can't take care of.

Alternatively, if you have kids around, try cinnamon, peppermint oil, lemon juice, etc, to deter the buggers.

Since the thread is alive, my own observations.

I don't get ants in the house often, but when I do, Raid around the door sills gets rid of 'em. I have a dog and three cats, no issues with sick or mutant animals. :)

My girlfriend has several cats and prevents ants by putting the food dishes inside another dish full of soapy water. The food dish is almost as big around as the water dish it sits in, and taller, so the kitties have no problems getting to the food and are not driven off by the soapy water.

The ants that come in the house are different from the fire ants that make the huge mounds in the yard. The house ants are little-bitty brown ones, the yard ants that keep putting up mounds for me to kill are big red ones.

After torrential rain, which happens from time to time in Florida, my problem is not ants, but frogs and lizards. The little green tree frogs. Can't tell you how many times I find a cat playing with one when it's been really wet outside! And finding a thrashing lizard tail but not the actual lizard is one of those things that just doesn't bear thinking about.

I've been busting my ass trying to keep the kitchen clean, inpections every 20 or so minutes and doing the dishes immediately after anyone in the house eats anything. Some scouts still keep wandering in, and it only takes one finding a small bit of anything and 10 minutes to set a trail and we're screwed.

I set up baits trying for the long game, but my mom's memory problem keeps her from knowing to just leave them alone so she sprays the ants, and the bait, with bleach everytime she goes in the kitchen and sees them.

I wouldn't mind just dowsing their asses with Raid, but we have a dog so that's a no-go. And any pet-friendly alternatives I've tried do absolutely jack.

There are three colonies on our property that I know of and they make me miserable to no end. Eveyone else seems to do everything they can to invite them in, bunch of slobs. My mom tries to fight the problem, but her methods actually make things worse(smashing them and spreading their pheromones, and interfering with the baits).

:banghead:This is a big source of anxiety for me and I lose a lot of my time worrying about it.

I know it wasn't your intention but this was so funny to read. :P

Especially due to the 14 years gap between your post and the one above. I was imagining someone trying to keep his kitchen clean with inspections every 20 min for the last 14 years, only to get to the conclusion that is not working at all.

I'm sorry for finding it funny. I'm awkward sometimes.

Good luck with the little guys.

We had some ants in the house recently; they marched on in toward the bins in the utility room and when we cleared everything out to try and kill them they were nowhere to be seen. They haven't come back but I know they're hiding somewhere waiting for the perfect moment to pounce. Little gits.

It’s much better to use homemade detterants than chemical ones if possible. Often the store bought sprays are just aphid-al.

Back