Input lag

• Thread starter sejtur
  • 12 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
Hi guys,

I'm having trouble with input lag. I measured it and it came out above 0,2 sec. (PS4 Pro, measured with DS4 and T300 GTE)
When doing a search in this forum, not all people have this and not with all control devices.

Does anyone have a fix for this or know when/why it happens?
I already sent in a bug ticket to the devs.

Thanks!

Try using a view that doesn't have the steering wheel in view. Also switching off the virtual mirror seems to have helped for me.

Thanks for the reply.

I always have the mirror disabled, and on the DS4 I had the 3rd person view. I’ll try if other views can help.

I tried different views while using the steering wheel, but if there's any difference in input lag, I didn't notice it.

Am I the only one that has this issue?

I probably have bigger input lag on my TV because i completely don't feel it. (and yes i am using dashboard with visible steering wheel)

I have lag with the G29 but I use the dash view. Its less noticeable in that way and you just kind of get used to it.

I probably have bigger input lag on my TV because i completely don't feel it. (and yes i am using dashboard with visible steering wheel)
What do you mean by feel it? Because if the input lag was even bigger I’d notice it even more.

What do you mean by feel it? Because if the input lag was even bigger I’d notice it even more.

I don't know i just don't feel it on T300RS. I heard many reports about it (i even postponed buying this game few days because of this) and i don't see this input lag. It is same as GT Sport/PCars 2. Maybe i have worse reaction time or something :lol:

Comparing the response of the virtual wheel on screen in cockpit view, input is certainly more laggy than Project Cars 2 in that regard. It imagine the low framerate is making matters worse.

Yep huge input lag here on my wheel, many people having this problem. I didn’t notice it using the controller though. The lag makes it very difficult to catch a slide or loss of control

How do you accurately measure input lag?
The method I used is not completely accurate, but if the input lag is very noticeable like now, it works to get an estimation. But you have to be very careful.

Step on the gas pedal/or R2 and watch the HUD gas indicator.
Tap on something to practice audibly mark the input lag time, once when stepping on the gas, and once when the gas registers on the HUD.
Now, use a bpm tapper (app or site). Tap in thesame speed that you just practiced into the bpm tapper.
And then use this formula: 1/(bpm outcome/60)
For example, if the BPM/60 outcome was 4, then the input lag measured is 0.25 sec.

Latest Posts

Back