Insane AI glitch in GT3

• Thread starter Phoenix
  • 22 comments

Phoenix

Premium
Norway
Norway
Okey so i've recently played quite a bit of GT3 (again), and though I am only around 38.5% done with this game save I still want to complete all the races with gold, since I am finally done with all the licenses.
Though, just now, I came across an insane AI glitch that i've never encountered before. Or even seen.

This is the first race at Rome Circuit in the Audi TT Race Championship in the Beginner section.

Before anyone says this is me because it shows the green dot on the map, this is the replay after the race.
You can easily identify me as the one who is leading by a short gap to the rest of the horde.

Pay attention to the map! To both this AI and another one. This one flies out of the map after a little while, while another AI is teleporting to the pit from other side of the map! :odd:

You can also see the AI car having the brakes fully pressed in all the time with small touches of acceleration.

If anyone can explain to me what the heck happened to the AI's brain (or lack of one), i'd very much appreciate it. Of course if anyone has seen or know others that have encountered the same glitch, then know I haven't. Before today. :lol:

Apologies for the camera shaking and lousy quality, but its from a camera phone and a laughing cameraman.

Now, to the fun stuff. 👍

EDIT:

Well, just continued to the race after. And then this happened. Even worse! :lol:

Last edited:
That made me dizzy. :D
Made me chuckle quite a bit. :lol:

Did you use any cheat codes, I remember a few caused this glitch?
Nope. No modifications of any kind. So it's really weird that something like this should happen.

Tried leaving the championship to try any single race, and nothing happened. All normal.
Rebooted the PS2 and all back to normal. How boring.

Was finally getting some excitement and spice mixed into the childhood memories. :dopey:

Also, uploaded the next race... Which was even worse. :lol:

Made me chuckle quite a bit. :lol:

Nope. No modifications of any kind. So it's really weird that something like this should happen.

Tried leaving the championship to try any single race, and nothing happened. All normal.
Rebooted the PS2 and all back to normal. How boring.

Was finally getting some excitement and spice mixed into the childhood memories. :dopey:

Also, uploaded the next race... Which was even worse. :lol:

I remember back 10 years ago I did a time-freeze cheat and the AI cars where crazily crashing into the walls. Also, the code where you can make the AI insanely fast.

Here's the same bug someone else had.

Blimey :eek:, reminds of the 787B glitch at Grand Valley

On the subject of funny AI, whilst not a glitch I remember whenever the Cobra popped up in the American Championship it was interesting.

Since the Cobra was a wild car to begin with, more often than not you'd find the AI finding a tough time to keep control. Best example of this was the final race at Laguna Seca, where the Cobra would be guaranteed to fly off at the first corner at least once (and thus take an age to rejoin) or mess up the corkscrew in spectacular style.

Remember finding it quite amusing at the time, and would sometimes toy with the Cobra as well to try and put into a big slide :lol:.

I remember back 10 years ago I did a time-freeze cheat and the AI cars where crazily crashing into the walls. Also, the code where you can make the AI insanely fast.
Hahaha i've done some research about it but can't find the "make the AI insanely fast" one. :odd: Not that I really care or want it but funny nontheless.

Here's the same bug someone else had.
Ahh good to see that I am not alone. :lol:

Blimey :eek:, reminds of the 787B glitch at Grand Valley
You have a linky to it? Would be an interesting watch. :P

On the subject of funny AI, whilst not a glitch I remember whenever the Cobra popped up in the American Championship it was interesting.

Since the Cobra was a wild car to begin with, more often than not you'd find the AI finding a tough time to keep control. Best example of this was the final race at Laguna Seca, where the Cobra would be guaranteed to fly off at the first corner at least once (and thus take an age to rejoin) or mess up the corkscrew in spectacular style.

Remember finding it quite amusing at the time, and would sometimes toy with the Cobra as well to try and put into a big slide :lol:.
Haha yeah, if the Cobra enters in any race with tyre wear, you'd be sure it will slide around like a deer on ice.

I've come up against it in multiple endurances and championships and always see the Cobra burning that rubber hard. :lol:

Haha yea, and at the end when it's just spat out from the sky :lol:.

Rumour was also that you could apparently be able to do such a glitch on Test Course as well as Grand Valley , if you managed to hit the barriers at speed in a particular way, though have never managed it myself.

Would imagine it'd be down to possibly a faulty disc more than anything (or straight up lies :lol:).

Haha yea, and at the end when it's just spat out from the sky :lol:.

Rumour was also that you could apparently be able to do such a glitch on Test Course as well as Grand Valley , if you managed to hit the barriers at speed in a particular way, though have never managed it myself.

Would imagine it'd be down to possibly a faulty disc more than anything (or straight up lies :lol:).
:lol: To be honest though, as long as glitches like this happens and they're funny, I don't mind.

If they break the game, then it's bad.

Looking forward to more AI freakshow as I continue the grind towards 100%. :cheers:

:lol: To be honest though, as long as glitches like this happens and they're funny, I don't mind.

If they break the game, then it's bad.

Looking forward to more AI freakshow as I continue the grind towards 100%. :cheers:

Same here, added to the "atmosphere", plus it's just hilarious to see.

Always used to love the array of little bugs and glitches in GT2. Is probably one of the few games where we were happy the more bugs and glitches were found :lol:.

Speaking of grinding towards 100%, I'm planning on getting back into GT4 soon and finally playing through that thoroughly, so I'll be doing the same on GT3 to finally get that 100%, as last time I checked (which was a long time ago), it was at about 80ish%.

Same here, added to the "atmosphere", plus it's just hilarious to see.

Always used to love the array of little bugs and glitches in GT2. Is probably one of the few games where we were happy the more bugs and glitches were found :lol:.

Hahaha so true. :D

Speaking of grinding towards 100%, I'm planning on getting back into GT4 soon and finally playing through that thoroughly, so I'll be doing the same on GT3 to finally get that 100%, as last time I checked (which was a long time ago), it was at about 80ish%.
Yep, thats the plan here aswell.

I know GT4 is alot bigger (and maybe more difficult) and will take longer to complete but thats also the reason why I love to play Gran Turismo.

Wow. That's pretty insane. It really looks like something in that AI's corrupted. As for the "teleport" to the pits, I know what happened.
The glitched AI suddenly went over 5000kmh, hit an other car, made it go so fast into a wall that it went through the collision and slid all the way into the pits where it had lost enough speed that it couldn't push through the pitlane's wall that separates it from the track, thus making the car change it's tires :P

But dang, that's some speed...

Wow. That's pretty insane. It really looks like something in that AI's corrupted. As for the "teleport" to the pits, I know what happened.
The glitched AI suddenly went over 5000kmh, hit an other car, made it go so fast into a wall that it went through the collision and slid all the way into the pits where it had lost enough speed that it couldn't push through the pitlane's wall that separates it from the track, thus making the car change it's tires :P

But dang, that's some speed...
Something is mysterious wrong with the Audi TT Championship in Beginners section.

Race 1 and 2 was insane as showed in OP on saturday, but race 3 was fine on sunday. Like literally nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Now, a couple days later on race 4 and 5 the same glitch happened again, just after booting up the PS2. Finished the series without any further "incidents" and got my prize car.

I've tried multiple other championships and single races, and nothing happens in any of them. :odd:

Is it possible to edit the AI paths? It may happen that the paths are corrupted in those two races, but I'm tempted to try it as well since my save that I got is crossed between many versions NTSC for music (Are You Going My Way), NTSC-J menus, PAL with corrupted menus like Home_doc on the info pane.

I don't think the AI pathing is what's corrupted. If that was the case, I think the car would just turn randomly and behave weirdly, but not like this. This seems more like corrupted vehicle data. But why only AI#1? Well... that means it would be an instance of the AI, then maybe some multiplier? Like grip, hp or something.

@Phoenix Well, as you said ^^' It didn't work for me. I tried multiple times on Rome and Laguna Seca, bith on NTSC and PAL, nothing happened. Maybe it's got something to do with your save? Like how data is used, saved and such. Maybe somewhere there's a little bit of data that should not be touched that the game overwrote with something, and that corrupts the AI's data? Who kows ^^

Last edited:
I think there's a corruption somewhere in the physics. The AI car sometimes goes at incredible speeds without even touching the accelerator.

At least, that's what I think is happening.

@Phoenix Well, as you said ^^' It didn't work for me. I tried multiple times on Rome and Laguna Seca, bith on NTSC and PAL, nothing happened. Maybe it's got something to do with your save? Like how data is used, saved and such. Maybe somewhere there's a little bit of data that should not be touched that the game overwrote with something, and that corrupts the AI's data? Who kows ^^
Not sure, I tried the back-up save on memory card 2 from a week before, and nothing crazy happened.

Part of me hope its just a screw up with that AI line-up in that Championship, but it was funny and not really game breaking so also another part of me hope something like this could happen again. Just for the laughs. :lol:

Something is mysterious wrong with the Audi TT Championship in Beginners section.

Race 1 and 2 was insane as showed in OP on saturday, but race 3 was fine on sunday. Like literally nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Now, a couple days later on race 4 and 5 the same glitch happened again, just after booting up the PS2. Finished the series without any further "incidents" and got my prize car.

I've tried multiple other championships and single races, and nothing happens in any of them. :odd:
In many/some of the races on amateur and professional level on Laguna Seca, it is common that [some] AI cars drive into the sand in the last turn before the end of the track.

Also in Midfield raceway reverse they always slam into one of the walls in arcade mode at least

Back