Installation Error

• Thread starter GeSPy
  • 4 comments
United States
United States
gristle96er
Okay, let me start by saying that a series of questionable yet (hopefully) understandable decisions has led me to this point. I'll cut to the chase and explain why exactly I did what I did afterwards. Essentially I have deleted the GT6 game data on my ps3 and am now trying to re-download all the patches and game updates. The process of doing so was going smoothly until the install which must be completed when the game is launched. No matter what I do the install will be going fine for maybe 20-30 minutes, and then an error screen will pop up saying something has gone wrong with the install. After several attempts at completing this install I thought that possibly something with the download could be causing this issue so I once again deleted the game data and downloaded it again. As you can probably guess that did not work as the error continued to occur. The reason for me deleting the data in the first place was to hopefully get around a glitch in which a National A license test challenge would fail to load. As I was using a new account for the game, this was an issue as it meant I was unable to get into online lobbies and being under that account name in those lobbies was the entire purpose of that account. Unfortunately reverting back to an older version of the game caused another separate glitch in the game that prevented me from even passing that test. Any suggestions on how to mend either of the issues I am dealing with would be very much appreciated.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. The only thing I can think of at this point would be to try again using an ethernet cable if you haven't been using one. I got stuck on my last re-install but having a wired connection fixed that.

Sadly I am already using a wired connection, but thanks for the advice anyways.
Are you downloading and installing each update individually? This may be required, as there were some issues with early updates that could lead to a failed installation unless they were installed individually.

In essence you will need to download and install one update, boot up the game, save, exit and then download the next update, for every single update (at least before v1.06, as I recall).

See this thread.

Back