• 85 comments

Interested?

• I am interested

• I think this is dumb

Results are only viewable after voting.
United States
Gardner, KS
Snail FIA Manufacture Challenge

This is to put your Manufacture choice up against the rest of the SNAIL team.

Read carefully as some of the details have changed!!

Official race nights are for Snail Members ONLY! This is the FIA rules package with a little twist to it to spice it up a bit. The laps would mirror the FIA scheduled distance. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE RUNNING THE OFFICIAL FIA MANUFACTURE SERIES NOR WILL YOU NEED TO BE SIGNED UP WITH A MANUFACTURE TO RUN THIS EVENT. If you are wanting to change your manufacture of choice in the next season you could use this as a test run if you want. You will however need to choose your car wisely PRIOR to entering the room. You will not be allowed to change your vehicle once you enter the room the first time. Your name and car will be documented and you must run the entire night in that car.

How this will work: There will be 3 total races ran which will be the next 3 scheduled events for FIA.

Roster for race night!
@SAMHAIN85
@spidermonkey
@Jw_wk1010
@Neutty
@Sean Renon (if his rig is fixed)
@TexasJDC
@Whitey093
@NetouchAndre
@stelephant
@Mully465
@Grandpa Money
@BradESPN
@Raw10_2u
@Whitey093

*All Races ran on Racing Hards, Light Damage, Boost OFF Off-Track Grip reduction Real and slip stream real!*

Race 1: Autodrome Lago Maggiore - GP
18:15 Sunny Conditions
Tire wear: 7x
Fuel Wear: 6x
11 Laps Rolling Start
GR.4

Race 2: Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow
19:50 Sunny Conditions
Tire Wear: 7x
Fuel Wear: 6x
18 Laps Rolling Start
Gr.4

Race 3: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
12:00 Fine Weather
Tire Wear: 9x
Fuel Wear: 5x
( 15 Minutes ) Grid Start
Gr.3

Keep in mind, what ever Gr.4 Car you choose to run must be the same car ran at both races.

The lobby will be open at 8:30 EST if you are not in the room by 9:00 EST then you automatically are out of this challenge. At 9:05 the host(s) will be in contact with one another via party chat on PSN. We then verify everyone has the correct car who is in these rooms. At this point we will determine if the lobbies are fair for the event and will even out the rooms. During this time everyone is available to practice on track until 9:10 when we start qualifying. Qualifying will run 10 minutes to get your best lap possible. Anyone who is driving recklessly and attempting to ruin others times will be immediately removed from the lobby and will not be allowed to run the next scheduled challenge. Qualifying will end abruptly at 9:20 and everyone is to stay on track!!

The Qualifying will be documented and then There will be a Dice roll to determine the "invert" for the race. The host(s) will then need to set the grid order according to the invert. For example: 1 on the dice is the 1st and 2nd will swap. 6 on the dice means that pole position will then start 12th. and the rest will invert as well. The last 2 rows will start as they qualified in the event that a 6 is rolled. You may ask "Why an invert?" Below will tell all.

points will be as follows:

1-25 5-12 9-8 13-4
2-21 6-11 10-7 14-3
3-18 7-10 11-6 15-2
4-15 8-9 12-5 16-1

If you qualify pole in your lobby you will be awarded 1 bonus point. If you have the fastest lap out of all the lobbies you will be awarded an additional 1 point.

Passing points will be added to the final totals each race. Passing points are awarded for each position gained during the race, if you start 10th and finish 10th no points will be awarded. If you start 16th and win the race you will be awarded points. If you start 1st and finish last then no points are awarded. Each position gained is 1 point. So if you qualify pole with the fastest time out of all the lobbies and then there is a 6 row invert and you win the race. 1+1+11+25=38 points. If at the end of the night there is a tie in the points the overall win will go to the person with the lowest total time on the track.

The following purse is currently only for the August 24th event.

1st place will get a $100 gift card to amazon,

2nd Place gets $50 gift card to amazon

3rd place gets $25 gift card to amazon

If you would like to donate to the prize winning you are welcome to PM me and let me know.

On practice or “Unofficial” nights we will focus primarily on the next scheduled FIA combo. Once the schedule comes out for season 3 i will post in this details of those races for anyone to practice in who is not running the series.

I will need help with the following:
Creating a spreadsheet for the points system to work. (I am currently working on this but am not that great with formulas.)
I plan to host, but we will most likely need to plan on a few other hosts for the overfill of racers.

Last edited:
@Neutty has put quite a bit of time and effort into setting this up. If you are interested in racing something like this, post here, show some activity. I know there is a poll and 7 people have said they are interested but making a post here and showing interest will draw others to the thread which will bring in more potential drivers which will make for a more successful event.

Aside from bringing in more drivers, a date will need to be discussed so it can get put on the schedule.

I like this idea. I, however, am extremely limited these days for time so i dont know whether I will be able to participate often but i will when possible.

This Friday, July 6th I will host a lobby for the 7/7 and 7/11 Fia races along with 1 run at the Gr.2 at Kyoto yamagiwa+Miyabi II. Laps will be determined at a later date. Obviously the FiA races will be different during our official event but the gr.2 race will be the same.

I am currently looking for a date for the first official race! Please let me know what date will Work best as these are the available dates.

7/27
8/3
8/17 I can’t do I have a prior commitment.
8/24

Please keep in mind if you are a member of snail you are allowed to participate. You do not need to be running the FIA Mabufactures series to compete in this.

Last edited:
I'm ibterested and have a tome to participate for next 5 weeks. after that I'm gonna be limited on time unfortunately.

I have interest in any FIA practices, just don't know about availability for something on certain times and dates.

I'm definitely interested. Need to get in as much FIA practice as I can.

The rules are as follows. Snail Members ONLY! T

Once a month we will run an official race night. All other “open” friday nights i will most likely host a room for us all to practice in.

I think our practice nights should be open to the public like Thursday practice (not sure if you already implied that) It'll give people an opportunity to race with us and see first hand we are a serious league that runs clean (even though FIA isn't our standard format) FIA lobbies are pretty popular right now so its a good way to lure them in to SNAIL.

For the "official" nights, keep it SNAIL only since points are being kept and you're offering generous prizes.

I changed the first post for accommodate for those ideas. @SAMHAIN85

I also didn’t realize that I forgot to change the “monthly” races to “bi-monthly”. Now this could change, but want to see the turn out for the first night as well.

I'm definitely interested. Need to get in as much FIA practice as I can.

I think our practice nights should be open to the public like Thursday practice (not sure if you already implied that) It'll give people an opportunity to race with us and see first hand we are a serious league that runs clean (even though FIA isn't our standard format) FIA lobbies are pretty popular right now so its a good way to lure them in to SNAIL.

For the "official" nights, keep it SNAIL only since points are being kept and you're offering generous prizes.

This is a Snail Member only league. As long as you are a member then this league is for you.

I have an interest in FIA prep. I like the idea mentioned above of using the practice room as a recruitment tool, but "official" nights SNAIL. I have been pitching clean spec racing to as many as I can in the daily races or lobbies.

This Friday, July 6th I will host a lobby for the 7/7 and 7/11 Fia races along with 1 run at the Gr.2 at Kyoto yamagiwa+Miyabi II. Laps will be determined at a later date. Obviously the FiA races will be different during our official event but the gr.2 race will be the same.

I am currently looking for a date for the first official race! Please let me know what date will Work best as these are the available dates.

7/27
8/3
8/17 I can’t do I have a prior commitment.
8/24

Please keep in mind if you are a member of snail you are allowed to participate. You do not need to be running the FIA Mabufactures series to compete in this.
17th or 24th

The lobby this Friday, (7/7) will open at 8:30pm eastern time. Room will be open for some practice and then we will fire off the racing. Ideally we will run this like a Thursday night practice session for the SNAIL league.

We need some more input on the available dates for our first official race night!!
7/27
8/3
8/24

Please let me know which will work best for you so I can start getting everything ready to go.

on 8/3 I would be house sitting so I would NOT have my normal setup. I don't have any issues with the other two dates as of now.

Edited

Last edited:
If you were planning on attending practice tonight, It has been pushed back to 10 eastern and we will only practice tomorrow’s FIA event.

Hey @Neutty I forgot you were doing FIA prac tonight. In fact I forgot the race is already tomorrow. Didnt mean for c&m to interfere I just wanted to test some stuff real quick if people are on. I'll open a lobby in a min so you can still start at 9

No biggie at all. I assume most people will probably help you out anyway. Plus I would like to help out as well.

Im glad you're starting late...I was telling Sam I tried to get on and got as far as turning on my ps but my puppy isn't having it and will eat/chew everything right now. Gotta wait till wife gets home to get on. Hopefully it's soon. May just put him in his pen...lil ****er

If she's not home by the time you start...pen it is.

Guys totally forgot about tonight just sit down to get some dinner might be on by 1030

Definitely could use some practice at blue moon speedway official or unofficial. Oval racing isnt in my wheelhouse per se

Back