Snail Challenge - TBA

• Thread starter Neutty
  • 85 comments

Interested?

• I am interested

• I think this is dumb

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'll be on around 9 or 930 central and open a fia room if anyone is interested and no one else has a room open I figure it would be a good day to have some practice since we probably wont know what's going on with sundays combos till Tuesday or wednesday

I am planning to have a room open this evening. I’ll try to wait till you get on to get off so you can copy the settings.

That's cool man if you jump off before no problem I got a room already saved with the settings we are using from one of the first post on this thread unless they have changed

That's cool man if you jump off before no problem I got a room already saved with the settings we are using from one of the first post on this thread unless they have changed
They are the fia rules so what’s on the first post goes.

A room is open but I will be MIA for dinner and such.

New room

Room ID: 0474-5775-0804-3078-8676

Last edited:
I currently have a room open for the third race which is monza. I will not be on very long but just enough time for some practice.

Room
0474-5777-0708-1259-9364

*Room will be open as long as my PS4 will stay on before auto turning off. My eyes just burn too much to continue driving.*

Last edited:
Just a heads up guys I might not be able to make friday night (not by my choice) internet has been down since Monday and my internet company is "sending someone out tomorrow" to replace the lines and make sure internet is working properly but I just wanted to give @Neutty a heads up if they dont come tomorrow it pretty much screws me for friday (unless there is a miracle and they actually show up for once) if I dont make it I apologize for committing and not following through not something I like to do especially with all the hard work you guys have put in. Iv been using phones hotspot and while it will log in and let me customize liveries I cant join a online room and even if I could use hotspot to race I dont want to risk glitching and ruining someone's night

Just a heads up guys I might not be able to make friday night (not by my choice) internet has been down since Monday and my internet company is "sending someone out tomorrow" to replace the lines and make sure internet is working properly but I just wanted to give @Neutty a heads up if they dont come tomorrow it pretty much screws me for friday (unless there is a miracle and they actually show up for once) if I dont make it I apologize for committing and not following through not something I like to do especially with all the hard work you guys have put in. Iv been using phones hotspot and while it will log in and let me customize liveries I cant join a online room and even if I could use hotspot to race I dont want to risk glitching and ruining someone's night
It’s no big deal if you can’t make it. Where we would love to have you, it’s understandable that you wouldn’t be able to!

Since i am not currently an active snail member am I disqualified from competing? I understand if thats the case just want to know.

I will not be able to make this one I will still be at work when this starts got the internet back up and running but never looked at start time twice to make sure I had it right my apologies to @Neutty hopefully I can make the next one...good luck to all you guys hope yall have some fun races

@Neutty

May I be officially added to the FIA Challenge driver list for tonight?

I have been participating in FIA Manufacturer Cup and I see an opportunity for some practice for tomorrow's official FIA event.

Been using my Team Turismo account for FIA because it has my correct DOB & so far I have had some success with Nissan.

I've been super busy and havent even had a chance to run the normal FIA events.

Prac lobby up

0474-5776-9360-5799-9428

Edit: closed

Last edited:
I want thank all who came out for this event. i learned about some bugs that i need to fix, but all in all it was a great night!!!

The results for Race 1 @Maggorie GP are as follows.

@MikeGrove had the fastest Qualifying time for a bonus point.
A dice roll of 2 inverted the first 2 rows.
Name Start Finish Passing total points
@MikeGrove 4 2 2 24
@SAMHAIN85 3 1 2 27
@Whitey093 2 3 0 18
@Neutty 1 6 0 11
@Kgffy 5 5 0 12
@Jw_wk1010 6 4 2 17
@Raw10_2u 7 8 0 9
@Mully465 8 7 1 11
@TomMang_68 9 11 0 6
@Grandpa Money 10 9 1 9
@stelephant 11 10 0 8

The results for Race 2 @Big Willow are as follows

@SAMHAIN85 had the fastest Qualifying time for a bonus point.
A dice roll of 3 inverted the first 2 rows.

@MikeGrove 4 4 0 15
@SAMHAIN85 6 1 5 31
@Whitey093 3 5 0 12
@Neutty 5 6 0 11
@Kgffy 1 2 0 21
@Jw_wk1010 7 3 4 22
@Raw10_2u 8 8 0 9
@Mully465 7 10 0 7
@TomMang_68 DNS DNS 0 0
@Grandpa Money 2 9 0 0
@stelephant 10 7 3 13

The results for Race 3 @monza are as follows

@MikeGrove had the fastest Qualifying time for a bonus point.
A dice roll of 1 inverted the front row. Many people left on this one and it was a very excited finish for the win. top 4 had a blanket over them at the line.

@MikeGrove 2 4 0 16
@SAMHAIN85 3 2 1 22
@Whitey093 4 1 3 28
@Neutty 1 3 0 18
@Kgffy DNS DNS 0 0
@Jw_wk1010 5 5 4 12
@Raw10_2u DNS DNS 0 0
@Mully465 DNS DNS 0 0
@TomMang_68 DNS DNS 0 0
@Grandpa Money 6 6 0 0
@stelephant DNS DNS 0 0

Total points are as follows

@SAMHAIN85 80
@Whitey093 58
@MikeGrove 55
@Jw_wk1010 51
@Neutty 40
@Kgffy 33
@Grandpa Money 28
@stelephant 21
@Mully465 18
@Raw10_2u 18
@TomMang_68 6

Congrats to @MikeGrove for his $25 Amazon Gift Card
Congrats to @Whitey093 for his $50 Amazon Gift Card
Congrats to @SAMHAIN85 for his $100 Amazon Gift Card

Great event @Neutty! Fun racing and the ability to grab “bonus” points made every position gain a bit more of a “win”. I definitely would pick a different car/manufacturer for next time, but worth a try with the one I used. Sorry I ducked out for race 3, but it was already 11 my time and the lady was ready for bed.

Suggestion (this is in NO WAY a criticism, and may be something you’ve already considered and would capitalize on the position gain points):
Still run the qually to give a “pole position” bonus, and use your roll of the die to position the pole sitter (lowest they can be placed is P6), then just randomize everyone else.
https://www.random.org/lists/
This worked well (above link), just type everyone’s name (only have to do this once and could be done before first qually) and you can hit the randomize button. Repeat after each race, just moving the pole sitter into the die roll position and everyone else in their randomized spot from the list.
EX., You (Neutty) win pole
List generator creates this list, which would become column 2 if you rolled a 4 on the die.
1. KG >> KG
2. Stele >> Stele
3. Sam >> Sam
4. Raw >> Neutty
5. Mully >> Raw
6. G$ >> Mully
7. Tom >> G$
8. Neutty >> Tom
9. Mike >> Mike
10. JW >> JW
This would still reward the pole sitter, as the lowest they would start is P6 (allowing them to also gain passing points). Yet, this would also allow other fast racers to possibly gain points (by passing for position) from even lower positions in the randomizing. It would also allow racers like me (slow in the field) to attempt to hold onto a higher finishing position in the race, but lose nothing (except position) if passed. With the length of the races, this would allow racers to still be able to finish in close to a "natural" (based on fastest first grid) position due to ample time to set up passes.

Still cheers to an overall awesome event! :cheers:

Last edited:
Back