Interlagos Spotted in GT Sport Gameplay Footage

Great to finally see another real life track, as PD's own track creating skills have remained unmatched by any other developer - even themselves - since GT2.

Last edited:
senna-interlagos-1991-mclaren.jpg

Alright Kaz, it's time...

[Interlagos 91]

So unless my calculations are off, that's the track list done.

Really hoping the focus is on real life tracks post release.

Great to finally see another real life track, as PD's own track creating skills have remained unmatched by any other developer - even themselves since - since GT2.

I don't know if I'd go that far. Apricot Hill and Midfield are fantastic, but El Capitan had a lot of fans.

This is the track I'm most excited to try since the only game I've ever got to drive it in was F1 2011 for the 3DS. (Terrible game)

Yep, I'm excited for it too. Especially as it's the only new-to-series real-world race track in GT Sport.*

* - I suppose Horse Thief Mile counts as new, but that's just a layout, not a new location!

This is the track I'm most excited to try since the only game I've ever got to drive it in was F1 2011 for the 3DS. (Terrible game)
I think it was f1 2011 for me too. I did not play the game that much though. I might have played interlogos once or twice I am am excited to play it inter again.

Cool. So when do we get sebring? PD? Please? Come on. We have wanted it for years. Just look through this site going back to at least GT5.

Would be awesome to see NJ Motorpark too. But not holdin my breath for that one. Come on PD. Iracing has both Sebring and NJ. Forza has had Sebring since Forza 2. Hell even the crew has Sebring in a very basic way.

Not really bothered about this track, I have to admit it is probably one of my least liked tracks in the F1 calendar. I'm not a fan of the track layout and the actual circuit facilities etc are a joke :/ Am I right in saying they haven't confirmed Silverstone?

If so Interlagos over Silverstone is rather questionable.

Edit: Just looked at the track list, that is rather disappointing :'(

So now we have to figure out the remaining variations.

I know Nurburgring GP has multiple variations in real life, and there's a West variant of Suzuka, but that's all that exists for the real-world locations in the game. As far as I understand Suzuka West doesn't have a pit lane so it's likely to be left out, which means at least two of the three unknown variations are from the GT originals. We know very little about BB raceway and Alsace - Alsace's naming convention leaves a variation possible, but BB looks to be too small to have any alternate routes. Dragon Trail also has the open-ended naming convention, but from the extensive examination I made in the beta I couldn't find any extra tarmac for alternative routes. A trailer showed some sort of gymkhana-like infield course for Northern Isle, which could entail either a road course or rallycross variant, and Blue Moon didn't seem to indicate any infield routes. Tokyo could potentially have another unannounced layout maybe reverse versions of the ones we already know about, and then Sardegna and Colorado Springs are also following the naming conventions of tracks with multiple layouts.

So my predictions:

Likely

Nurburgring - GP/D

Norther Isle Speedway - Road/Rallycross Course

Tokyo Expressway - Central Outer Loop (Reverse)

Tokyo Expressway - East Outer Loop (Reverse)

Possible

Suzuka - West Course

Alsace - ???

Colorado Springs - ???

Sardegna - ???

Tokyo Expressway - West(?) Outer Loop (or other layout)

Unlikely

Dragon Trail - ??? (maybe a dirt/snow location, or a separate ribbon of tarmac in the near vicinity?)

Blue Moon Bay - Infield(?) (Maybe one exists?)

Yep, I'm excited for it too. Especially as it's the only new-to-series real-world race track in GT Sport.*

* - I suppose Horse Thief Mile counts as new, but that's just a layout, not a new location!

Yeah, if you play a lot of racing games, it's rare to see a famous real-world track like this appear for the first time (for me at least - I guess it's been in F1 for a while).

I cannot wait for this one. Just having this track may be a reason to purchase for some people...

I don't know if I'd go that far. Apricot Hill and Midfield are fantastic, but El Capitan had a lot of fans.

Absolutely El Capitan is another all-time great. But GT2 had a plethora of exciting ficitional tracks of the likes that I feel haven't been matched since. Along with the two you mentioned, we also had Grindelwald and Red Rock Valley that haven't been seen since. And of course the much missed Seattle.

I'm really happy that Interlagos is finally in Gran Turismo. It's a great track !

Finally, I like very much the tracks list. My only complaint about this, is that I'd have liked to have a more complex track instead of an oval circuit.

I'm really happy that Interlagos is finally in Gran Turismo. It's a great track !

Finally, I like very much the tracks list. My only complaint about this, is that I'd have liked to have a more complex track instead of an oval circuit.

Yeah I know what you mean about the ovals, but they're trying to cater for everyone, so that's a plus I guess!

So now we have to figure out the remaining variations.

I know Nurburgring GP has multiple variations in real life, and there's a West variant of Suzuka, but that's all that exists for the real-world locations in the game. As far as I understand Suzuka West doesn't have a pit lane so it's likely to be left out, which means at least two of the three unknown variations are from the GT originals. We know very little about BB raceway and Alsace - Alsace's naming convention leaves a variation possible, but BB looks to be too small to have any alternate routes. Dragon Trail also has the open-ended naming convention, but from the extensive examination I made in the beta I couldn't find any extra tarmac for alternative routes. A trailer showed some sort of gymkhana-like infield course for Northern Isle, which could entail either a road course or rallycross variant, and Blue Moon didn't seem to indicate any infield routes. Tokyo could potentially have another unannounced layout maybe reverse versions of the ones we already know about, and then Sardegna and Colorado Springs are also following the naming conventions of tracks with multiple layouts.

So my predictions:

Likely

Nurburgring - GP/D

Norther Isle Speedway - Road/Rallycross Course

Tokyo Expressway - Central Outer Loop (Reverse)

Tokyo Expressway - East Outer Loop (Reverse)

Possible

Suzuka - West Course

Alsace - ???

Colorado Springs - ???

Sardegna - ???

Tokyo Expressway - West(?) Outer Loop (or other layout)

Unlikely

Dragon Trail - ??? (maybe a dirt/snow location, or a separate ribbon of tarmac in the near vicinity?)

Blue Moon Bay - Infield(?) (Maybe one exists?)
There's also the VLN layout at Nurburgring to consider. Suzuka West does have pits. I've not seen a race held on it for quite a few years though so things can change.

If they where going to put reverse tracks in they'd do it for every fantasy track other than the ovals so since there's only three extra routes I'd say two at Nurburgring and one at Suzuka. That's my guess.

I think there will be more than 28 layouts at launch, and possibly mre than 17 locations, but if the numbers will remain unchanged, then my guess for the remaining layouts are:

*Tokyo Expressway-Central Inner Loop (spotted in the Theme music trailer)
*Tokyo Expressway-East Inner Loop
*Colorado Springs-???

There are of course many other candidates for those three remaining layouts, which are:

*Sardegna-???
*Dragon Trail-???
*Alsace-???
*Blue Moon Bay Infield Track
*Northern Isle Speedway Gymkhana Layout
*Tokyo Expressway-North/South/West Outer/Inner Loop (If we're going to see those, then we might end up with 10 TE layouts!!!)

And there's no way Circuit De La Sarthe won't be in the game, especially with Gr.1 cars! And no Spa Francorchamps? No snow track?!

Last edited:
Yeah I know what you mean about the ovals, but they're trying to cater for everyone, so that's a plus I guess!

Well, as long as it has an infield, it can work. I'm not a big fan of ovals, but I do tend to like their infield versions.

I like Blue Moon Bay ! It remind me Daytona USA ! BB seems original.

But Motor Isles Speedway is meh in my opinion. Fortunately, it's very fast.

Latest Posts

Back