Internet connection issue

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
I shut down my computer every night. The next day when I fire it up, about 50% of the time the internet doesn't connect right away. I usually have to restart the computer for it to connect. Hoping someone else has had this issue before and knows how to fix it? I know it's not my internet, has to be a setting or a problem with the card in my PC? Cable maybe?

Is the WiFi service is set to Automatic - Delayed Start?

Is the Advance Power Options - Wireless Adapter Settings - Power Savings Mode set to Maximum Performance?

Is the Device Manager - Wifi Adapter - Power Management - Allow the computer... checkbox UNchecked?

TB
Is the WiFi service is set to Automatic - Delayed Start?

Is the Advance Power Options - Wireless Adapter Settings - Power Savings Mode set to Maximum Performance?

Is the Device Manager - Wifi Adapter - Power Management - Allow the computer... checkbox UNchecked?
Wired connection.

Wired connection.
The same sort of setting apply to ethernet as well. Check the advance power setting for your ethernet and the device manager for your network connection/NIC.
Some other things though. What are you using for a router? Instead of restarting, did you try disabling the NIC or simply unplugging and reconnecting the ethernet? Does this also happen if you disconnect and reconnect the ethernet cable? If so, open Network & Internet settings by right clicking on the little monitor/ethernet icon on the right side of the start menu. Look down to advanced network settings and click Change adapter settings. When you disconnect and reconnect the cable, you can watch what the status of the network connection is doing. From disconnect to reconnect it should go from Network cable unplugged -> authorizing -> obtaining IP -> Network. Generally the 2 middle steps happen so fast that you might not even see those two steps. They generally happen within a few microseconds.
You may be getting hung up at authenticating or obtaining the IP. It could be that the NIC is being hung in a weird state when shut down. When you boot your PC it may not have cleared its last session and so isn't trying to negotiate its link with your router. The router doesn't get a "hello" or connection negotiation request so it doesn't assign an IP from its DHCP scope, populate the ARP with its info and thus there is no route to your PC.

Back