Internet Problems... Any Ideas?

Ferrari_458

Premium
England
Cumbria
Thomas_George
So today I was browsing the internet and suddenly my internet stopped working. I thought fair enough, it happens fairly often where I live, reset my router and thought that'd be it. But that didn't fix it. Everytime I went to load a page on Chrome I got the message "No data received" and the error message "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE". I checked with my sister whether this was happening with her and it wasn't nor with my mum nor on my phone, it is isolated entirely to my laptop alone.

I've tried everything I know has fixed this kind of thing for me before, windows troubleshooting, disabling anti-virus and firewall, Googling the issue and trying all sorts of stuff deep into control panel, I've even done a system reset back to the weekend but nothing has worked.

I'm fairly sure it's not an ISP issue as I went up to my friends house and tried it there, still no luck.. In my mind now it must be either a hardware issue, a setting I've accidently changed or a virus of some sort but I really don't have the expertise to diagnose it myself.

So please, I need your help, does anyone have any idea what the problem may be and how I might go about fixing it?

Thanks in advance :cheers:

What about other browsers?
Are you wireless or wired?
Can you ping websites by name or IP?
Can you ping the gateway?

I've tried IE as well and the same story there
I've tried both, no luck either way
Hmm, I haven't tried that, but the error is happening on every website without fail...

My modem gives out every so often and needs a hard reset.

Try that.

Back