Into the fire: ABS-0 and Comfort Soft

  • Thread starter Thread starter smskeeter23
  • 32 comments
  • 2,250 views
I went abs off for the first time time last night. Wow! What a revelation! I haven't spent a penny on any of my cars, not even an oil change, all stock tyres etc. I thought I'd try the ford falcon on the Nurb, next I looked up it was 3 hours later. Then I moved on to the Zonda R and soon realised abs off wasn't the issue at all, I needed to control the throttle better. On reflection, when ever I've lost a car it was always due to overzealous acceleration. Also, my actual car a 15 year old mark 1 focus has no abs or traction control and locking up feels uncannily familiar.
 
I think the biggest reason for this is that it forces you to pay closer attention to entry speed, turn in, slip angles, and proper straightline braking than you do on SH and ABS-1.

Fully agree with this. Even in GT5, there was one seasonal time trial I experimented with ABS 0. After a while, I switched back to ABS 1 to try and better my time, but couldn't.
 
I actually just had another eye opening experience last night when I decided to take one of my "photo queens" around the ring. The reason I say "photo queen" is because the ONLY reason I bought a CTS-V was to take photos. One night when taking photos I outfitted it with CH tires for really easy smoke shots...

Without looking at the tires I just jumped onto the ring and quickly thought "My God! This thing SUCKS!" it was like trying to drive a Sherman tank on ice skates.

After carefully managing an 8:55 (CLEAN!) I realized I was on CH tires LOL. Switching to CS and running again shaved an entire minute off that time.

So, if you would really like to figure out accel, brake, and turn with NO RESPONSE AT ALL try the CTS-V on CH. You won't be dissapointed (or happy) by any means lol.
 
Back