Intro + Question :DPS4 

• Thread starter AvolA
  • 77 comments
Hahha i was already wondering what happened. I was in a fight with Nr 2, very close and competitive race! Then after you went into pits, we lost you :(

I was so relieved that the pitstops weren't manual haha, i always end up on the wrong box, wasting precious time..

Hahha i was already wondering what happened. I was in a fight with Nr 2, very close and competitive race! Then after you went into pits, we lost you :(

I was so relieved that the pitstops weren't manual haha, i always end up on the wrong box, wasting precious time..
Make sure you switch on the pit indicator in the game options - makes it impossible to miss your box. Also having a button to request pit stop also helps as it gets your crew out into the pit lane a little earlier.

Make sure you switch on the pit indicator in the game options - makes it impossible to miss your box. Also having a button to request pit stop also helps as it gets your crew out into the pit lane a little earlier.

Well, those are some helpful tips! I will definitely do that. Don't have that function assigned right now. Man, i need more buttons on my steering wheel :P

Just to keep them on their toes I like to surprise them sometimes with an unannounced stop. :)

:lol::lol:

Just to keep them on their toes I like to surprise them sometimes with an unannounced stop. :)

It's better to keep them on fresh air the whole race. Request pit on first lap and pit when ever you pleased, and no one will occupy you spot ever. Plus if it's good sunny day, why not to let yer team to have good times outdoor.

hahaha let them "enjoy" the 40 degrees and gas fumes in their suit and helmet xD if cars would run on sweat, they could fill your tank up pretty quick.

Do they ever give up and cancel your stop if you don't come in? They used to in rFactor but I've not tested it in pCARS 2. I think the board goes away after a while(does that if you are running the full Nürburgring and call for a pit stop in turn 3) but I don't know if the lads go back inside or not. The engineer doesn't say anything about it on the radio, just the pit board disappears.

I quite recommend turning on that pit stall indicator, unless you are the only one there or have the first or last box it's nearly impossible to remember where to stop unless you're the only one coming in. To make it even more fun your crew constantly changes colors as you drive different cars. I think there is an animation from the lollypop guy when you get a certain distance away but I've never noticed it. Probably distracted by the giant glowing markers. I'll have to watch for it and maybe learn to spot it in the future for bettar imershun.

The lollipop guy stands out when you drive up then runs to his position in front of the car while you're there.

Yes he does, but problem is, if someone right behind you, that guy waves anyway and without a marker there is no way to understand to whom he just did it. I'm racing without markers, and got this happened to me countless time. Gladly cars in pits are ghosted, so you can just go forward to next friendly stranger waving and flirting with you.

On other note, have a warning to everyone, didn't know it until recently. If someone will stand right behind you in pits, when your team finished all their business, you'll be not able to exit, until a behind driver cross your pit. Raced on Red Bull ring, and some smart ass put such a revenge on me.

Yep he gives you a wave just about at the right time to turn in, with some practice I can get the timing exact I'm sure. But that's something for when you're looking for stuff to learn, for someone that's not a veteran it can be pretty confusing. And then there's the pit release issues... pitting in general can be just a bit risky and it's always best to do it when the lane is as clear as possible.

Really good race. I enjoyed watching that. I hate that replay space is so limited. It's not really my style to do this, but I've had to resort to uploading the replays to Youtube just so I can keep them.

I am a noob in this department...

I have been sandboxing in the practice section exclusively since I got the game a month ago, so I have not experienced anything else...

The replay in the private testing section is very limited, only to something less than 2 min....

Is this normal?
Is this only for the private practice testing section?
Are the replay for all other activity much longer ?

Can you teach me how to upload my replays to YouTube?
Or better yet: can we just export the replay files to save them outside of PC2 then when we need to viem them, import them back to the game ? Is that possible to bypass the limited game file space restrictions?

I know those are stupid questions, I don't know any better.

I am a noob in this department...

I have been sandboxing in the practice section exclusively since I got the game a month ago, so I have not experienced anything else...

The replay in the practice section is very limited, only to something less than 2 min....

Is this normal?
Is this only for the practice section?
Are the replay for all other activity much longer ?

Can you teach me how to upload my replays to YouTube?
Or better yet: can we just export the replay files to save them outside of PC2 then when we need to viem them, import them back to the game ? Is that possible to bypass the limited game file space restrictions?

I know those are stupid questions, I don't know any better.

Well, they're not stupid questions. And I have to chuckle a bit that you ask me, of all people, because I'm not savvy on these things. I just messed around with it enough to figure it out well enough to get my replays saved on YouTube. But nothing special, nor with graphics or anything.

Anyway, to answer you questions as best I can; yes, the actual replay function for practice and other things are short. I also think you only have one chance to save the actual whole race replay, then it's gone.

The best way to get the whole practice session is to run your session, then hit the Share button. The share screen will appear on the left side of your screen. It will give you the option to hit the square button to save replay. I'm not sure how far back it saves (in terms of time, if you've been on a while), but it's a while and goes up until the point you hit the square button. It saves it to your files on your PS4 (where your photos and videos are saved from all games). Once it's saved there, you can go in and trim it to the length you want it and save it again. Then you have your replay on your PS4. For my race replays, I now just watch the replay in game. Then when it's done, I go to the Share Screen, hit the square button, trim it to just the replay.

Once you want to share it to YouTube, go to your video, hit the Share button, link it to your YouTube channel, add title, hashtags, info, etc., then upload it.

Then I could delete the in-game replays on PC2 to free up space for more if I wanted.

This is all very basic info, and I'm sure my terminology is not up to par regarding some of this, but hopefully you get the gist. I'm sure someone else is smarter than me on this and can clarify or give better info. Particularly on how long the record window is.

Anyway, I hope this helped. And maybe someone else has something to add, because like I said, my knowledge and expertise on this sort of thing is limited. I literally never loaded anything on YouTube before and had no intent to until I realized the replay space was very limited.

Well, they're not stupid questions. And I have to chuckle a bit that you ask me, of all people, because I'm not savvy on these things. I just messed around with it enough to figure it out well enough to get my replays saved on YouTube. But nothing special, nor with graphics or anything.

Anyway, to answer you questions as best I can; yes, the actual replay function for practice and other things are short. I also think you only have one chance to save the actual whole race replay, then it's gone.

The best way to get the whole practice session is to run your session, then hit the Share button. The share screen will appear on the left side of your screen. It will give you the option to hit the square button to save replay. I'm not sure how far back it saves (in terms of time, if you've been on a while), but it's a while and goes up until the point you hit the square button. It saves it to your files on your PS4 (where your photos and videos are saved from all games). Once it's saved there, you can go in and trim it to the length you want it and save it again. Then you have your replay on your PS4. For my race replays, I now just watch the replay in game. Then when it's done, I go to the Share Screen, hit the square button, trim it to just the replay.

Once you want to share it to YouTube, go to your video, hit the Share button, link it to your YouTube channel, add title, hashtags, info, etc., then upload it.

Then I could delete the in-game replays on PC2 to free up space for more if I wanted.

This is all very basic info, and I'm sure my terminology is not up to par regarding some of this, but hopefully you get the gist. I'm sure someone else is smarter than me on this and can clarify or give better info. Particularly on how long the record window is.

Anyway, I hope this helped. And maybe someone else has something to add, because like I said, my knowledge and expertise on this sort of thing is limited. I literally never loaded anything on YouTube before and had no intent to until I realized the replay space was very limited.

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

Yes it makes perfect sense! I don't know why I never thought of doing that way...

I guess I was hoping for something more fancy or elaborate inside the game rather than having to go outside via the PS4.

So I am gather that there isn't any other option in the game.
I will go and give your method a try later on.

Thanks for all the help fumanchu11

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

Yes it makes perfect sense! I don't know why I never thought of doing that way...

I guess I was hoping for something more fancy or elaborate inside the game rather than having to go outside via the PS4.

So I am gather that there isn't any other option in the game.
I will go and give your method a try later on.

Thanks for all the help fumanchu11

As far as I know, there are no other options for longer in-game replays beyond actual race replays.

And no worries.

As far as I know, there are no other options for longer in-game replays beyond actual race replays.

And no worries.

The only thing by exporting to you tube is you lose all the different perspectives...

As work-around, you would have to save replays to the PS4 as many time as there are cameras/perspectives...

@IanBell
I really hope SMS will do a proper replay implementation and allow us to easily export or manage the replay files easily in the next PC3.

Last edited:
The only thing by exporting to you tube is you lose all the different perspectives...

It's almost like you would have to save replays to the PS4 as many time as there are camera/perspectives...

@IanBell
I really hope SMS will do a proper replay implementation and allow us to easily export or manage the replay files easily in the next PC3.

True, but as far as I know, there's no other way.

The race replay length is limited to about 45 minutes.

can we just export the replay files to save them outside of PC2 then when we need to view them, import them back to the game ? Is that possible to bypass the limited game file space restrictions?
Yes you can. Upload them to your PS Plus account (if you have one) or put a usb memory stick in and save them to that. Press the option button on the PC2 logo on the PS4 screen.

And I think if you load them back in you can go beyond the normal storage limit.

As work-around, you would have to save replays to the PS4 as many time as there are cameras/perspectives...

@IanBell

IF you have saved your replay in-game, you can then view it in any perspective. Then all you need to do is open the replay and choose the view you like. After the replay is done, follow the instructions as fumanchu11 said: hit share button, then "Upload videoclip" and it will then upload it to your linked YT account. I usually make track-view and cockpit-view replays, so people can see how a race looked from both angles :D

Note: whenever you click on something else than the share button during the replay (options for instance), the "videoclip" starts from that point again. So you really just want to watch the replay and at the end ONLY use the "Share" button, then upload videoclip.

The link to my channel is in my signature! Subscribing is an option ;)

Latest Posts

Back