Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,735 comments
Hello everyone!
I'm Miguel, happy to be here.

How did you find GTPlanet?
Through Reddit and Twitter

Where are you from?
Colombia 🇨🇴

When did you start playing racing games?
Around 4 years ago

Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
I do! I have a Fanatec DD Pro GT7 edition

What other games do you enjoy?
I love RPGs and some shooter games as well

What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
Learning new tricks and improving my driving skills

Hey all. I’ve been playing GT since GT4, and now ready to jump back in with GT7. Finally bought a seat rig too, can’t wait to get it all set up and fitted. Hope to see y’all on the track! ~ Chuck

hello all! my name is Ian and i'm a university student from Mexico.

i've been playing racing games and loving cars ever since i was a child. i've been lurking the forums for a while now but i think it's time i make a couple of posts.

i currently do a bit of league racing on the F1 games, and i've been trying to get more into sim racing in general. currently i just have an Xbox Series S and a Logitech G920, but it'll do for now.

my favorite game of all time is Forza Horizon 1. it shaped both my later parts of my childhood and my music taste, and i don't think there'll be a Horizon game as special as 1. my other favorite series include Halo, GTA, Gran Turismo and Wipeout.

when i'm not racing or at uni, i occasionally do art and graphic design, as well as a few DJ sets here and there. i'm an avid music fan and i love pretty much everything, but if i had to pick one favorite genre it would be electronic music. some of my favorite artists are Madeon, Porter Robinson, Daft Punk, The Chemical Brothers, Pendulum, The Prodigy, Burial, Aphex Twin, The 1975, Tame Impala, Kendrick Lamar, Denzel Curry and SOPHIE.

Last edited:
Hi everybody

Just wanted to say Hello!

My good friend point me to that site, when I was back to GT. Excellent tip.

I'm from Poland and play the racing games since I remember, but the first serious one for me was Collin McRae on PS1 if I remember well. Then there were dozens of others until - another milestone for me - GT5. After this I quit gaming/racing for a long (too long) time and just few weeks ago got back with GT7. The love ignited again and however I'm quite old and wife tells me that the older the less mature, I love it and that's it.
I play with controller and i'm here for knowledge and news.

regards
brcd44

Hello everyone!
I'm Miguel, happy to be here.

Through Reddit and Twitter

Where are you from?
Colombia 🇨🇴

Around 4 years ago

I do! I have a Fanatec DD Pro GT7 edition

I love RPGs and some shooter games as well

Learning new tricks and improving my driving skills
Hi Miguel. The only shooter games I had with when I was 11-12 years old was Metal Gear, Syphon filter and Call of Duty. How much do those Fanatec wheels cost because I'm thinking about investing in one to help me corner,brake and steer better w/o sliding the car.

Hello, I introduce myself Damien alias Siid26.

I am 33 years old (today) and I am French.

Great gran turismo player since 5.

I found out about this forum thanks to Sdi_03 and colombiamigue.

My wife also plays controller, with a difference of about 4%.

I also play Mgs5.
Good day to you :)

Hi everyone :)

Used to play GT with my Dad years ago and wanted to get back in. So I just gootgled around and found gtplanet.

Where are you from?
I am from Basel Switzerland

As a kid and since then not really until GT7. Just some casual F1 here an d there.

I got the Fanatec GT DD Pro.

F1 because I follow F1 since im 5 years old. Other than that sport games and open world.

Learning, finding some Set Ups and hopefully some day contribute a bit aswell.

Happy to be here and hello again to everyone :)

Hello peeps! Finally made an acc after ~5y reading and browsing!
  • How did you find GTPlanet? Googled some PCSX2 fixes and texture packs for GT4
  • Where are you from? Croatia, Balkanistan
  • When did you start playing racing games? Somwhere around 2001/2002
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? Sadly, no
  • What other games do you enjoy? Everything that catches my attention eventhough, lately, only old games like UT2004/UT3, GT4 and such.
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Answering questions about PCSX2 and GT4 retexture mod, my setup and how can i help others with their setup.

Hi I'm Freddy and I love to play racing games cars-motos...but also other games such as fighting & war games eg:Mortal Kombat,Medal of Honor...I live in Belgium and have been playing racing-rally games for a long time and have the love for racing games found in Ridge Racer so long time ago i stumbled upon your site by chance because i have a problem with my gt7 game and i already searched the websites of playstation.be-playstation.com-playstation.store but couldn't find nothing there now i have started GT7 bought on the internet at PlayStation.com the 25th anniversary version so no disc i have been playing GT7 since January this year and have already achieved a lot i think of myself and wanted to buy a new car , it became the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo I tuned it completely and wanted to race but that's where it went wrong the car is uncontrollable in the 3 seconds before departure it already goes wrong he immediately turns to the left in the pre-movie until he hits something collides then it starts driving backwards and forwards and in the preview you can't drive the car so I can't race it, hopefully you can help me solve that problem or do you know who I should be with for my complaint.
Best regards,
Freddy Cremers

Hi everyone I'm Gabriel, I love racing games since my dad bought me my ps2 and burnout 2 back in the 2000.
I love Gran Turismo 4, Forza Motorsport and Horizon, Assetto Corsa and Dirt games. I've discorvered GTPlanet by watching Youtube videos about GT4 texture mods. :)

Hi all,

Just joined the site as just getting into racing games.
I've always been into gaming but never really loved racing games, they were OK, but GT7 on the PS5 with PS-VR2 made me sit up and say 'I love this'.
So started to buy some racers on Steam for my PC, which I happen to also have VR on (Pimax 5k Super) and I'm blown away by AC, ACC etc.
  • How did you find GTPlanet? - Just popped up on my phone, no doubt as I've been searching for wheels, pedals, cockpits etc... haha
  • Where are you from? - London
  • When did you start playing racing games? - Years ago but never really got-into-them.
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? - Purchased Logitech G Pro wheel and their pedals.
  • What other games do you enjoy? - Most but tend to play FPS, Third person, etc, oh and a great love for Pinball (I have 20 machines)! You can fine me in pinside.co.uk
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? - Gaining knowledge and interacting with folks on the games, settings, kit, set-ups etc.
Cheers

Julian

Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
Hi all, my name is Marcin, i'm from Poland and i like racing game.
I found GTPlanet when serching GT7 app.
I have playing racing game for few years and from about 2years i "drive" on t300rs stering wheel on GTSport vr/GT7 and Asseto Corsa.
I love Nordschleife Nür/time trial.
I like make new friends and someone to train me morę on gt7 or Asseto.
My English may be funny (i'm self learner)

If u dont mind,can u watch my movie on YT "osa mistrz manuala zg" i have some cool movie from GT

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone
My nams is Paulo.

• I was searching for AC mods
  • Where are you from?
    • Brazil
    • Since I was a kid, my first game was Atari Enduro! But my first 'serious sim racing' was on when I bought my first wheel about 8 years ago
    • Yes. I started with a DFGT, then a G27, a T300 and now Im on a Moza R5.
    • I kept my T300 to play GT7 on PS5
    • Im more a game than a driver. Love all kinds of games
    • To get tips on AC mods

Last edited:

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

Hello everyone,

I am from Cornwall, Ontario, Canada where i work as a parts advisor at Nissan. I've been working in automotive for the last twenty years and I can honestly say that I eat, breath and sleep cars.

I found GTPlanet about a month ago while searching google for help tuning cars in GT7.

I've been a gamer since back in the day when I was lucky enough to get a NES the year they came out. My love affair with racing games really started with the first Gran Turismo. That game was truly a life changing event.

For the last couple of years I've been mostly playing the Forza games and I am looking forward to the new Forza Motorsports game to come out. With Covid 19 it's been almost impossible to buy a PS5 here in Canada but I finally got one in February and I've been addicted to GT7 since.

I am currently playing on a Logitech G923 wheel and a Next Level Racing GT lite cockpit.

Hello!
My name is Mateusz.

Searching news about GT7 updates, tunes for the cars etc.

Where are you from?
Poland

About 16 years ago is my best estimate.
I have started by playing Colin McRae Rally 2 with my father on keyboard which was quite a lot of fun.
Then I got into the Live for Speed, got a Logitech DFP some time into it, but funnily enough was never able to match my pace from keyboard.

I do on the PC while playing ACC or Project Cars, owning a Logitech G29 currently.
However I do enjoy a GT7 a lot with a controller on my sofa.

League of Legends, Witcher, platformers like Crash Bandicoot, coops like It Takes Two or Overcooked

Improving driving and tuning skills, enjoy speculating about future updates to the games

• Where are you from?

Hello,
I found GTPlanet through the recommendation of a commisioner of a racing league I am waiting for an opening in. I am from the United States. I have been playing racing games since the arcade game "Pole Position" and playing Gran Turismo since its inception. I play with a hand held controller. I also play a few first person shooters and sports games. I am looking forward to finding racing leagues to participate in.

• Where are you from?

How did you find GT Planet?
with google
Where are you from?
italy
4/5 years ago
yes, fanatec csl
ACC, F1 22
follow the news on the new mod of assetto corsa and publish some extensions

Hello!
My name is Mateusz.

Searching news about GT7 updates, tunes for the cars etc.

Where are you from?
Poland

About 16 years ago is my best estimate.
I have started by playing Colin McRae Rally 2 with my father on keyboard which was quite a lot of fun.
Then I got into the Live for Speed, got a Logitech DFP some time into it, but funnily enough was never able to match my pace from keyboard.

I do on the PC while playing ACC or Project Cars, owning a Logitech G29 currently.
However I do enjoy a GT7 a lot with a controller on my sofa.

League of Legends, Witcher, platformers like Crash Bandicoot, coops like It Takes Two or Overcooked

Improving driving and tuning skills, enjoy speculating about future updates to the games
Cześć,całkiem sporo ciekawych tematów można znaleźć.

• Where are you from?

Hello, I was doing a google search on GT7 car tuneup profiles and voila!

• Where are you from?

Hi Jordan
I found gt planet when I first introduced into Gran Turismo games before one or two years maybe and I love racing games and I am a emulator that's how I get to know the ps2 hit gt4 btw I born that same year 2004 and I am playing in a mobile mainly I love cars and racing and everything Nice meeting you everyone and Glad to be a member of gt planet Thank you

I have already introduced myself and had a few questions but that was not the intention I was told and also that I had to look up a few things myself on you-tube now my question is what is the purpose of a forum I thought it served to help people okay you also helped me with very good info because I was already panicking that my car was not running and immediately thought of an error in the game but that was not the case I had adjusted it incorrectly.

I have already introduced myself and had a few questions but that was not the intention I was told and also that I had to look up a few things myself on you-tube now my question is what is the purpose of a forum I thought it served to help people okay you also helped me with very good info because I was already panicking that my car was not running and immediately thought of an error in the game but that was not the case I had adjusted it incorrectly.
I'm not following the nature of your question.

The purpose of forums is to discuss. GTPlanet hosts many different subforums for the purposes of discussing many different subjects - from Gran Turismo to other racing games, other games, cars, and more general topics. Each subforum has mutliple different threads, for discussing various aspects of the topic; these are generally defined by the title of the thread or the first post. This thread, for example, is only for new members to introduce themselves, as the title and first post make clear.

Your thread about your car in Gran Turismo 7 being unable to turn (which turned out to be that you couldn't turn it due to running it too low, rather than that you had no ability to steer due to a bug) was about that, and in that game. As that was apparently solved I'm not sure why it's still something you're talking about in other, unrelated threads in unrelated forums.

Hi All, I'm new to the GT7 tuning community but I love building track beasts. I just posted my first tune, please take try it out, you won't be disappointed. It's a Boss 429 tune.
  • How did you find GTPlanet? Google search
  • Where are you from? US
  • When did you start playing racing games? PS1, Need For Speed original. From that moment on, it was a done deal.
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? No wheel... yet.
  • What other games do you enjoy? Hogwarts Legacy, Ratchet and Clank but its pretty much all GT7 at this point
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Post tunes, collaborate with other tuners on builds ect. Looking forward to being a part of the community.

Attachments

• n13i6sle1pra1.jpg
    n13i6sle1pra1.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 7
Hello everyone, I'm Italian and my name is Roberto, known as Morilec on the web, the forum is already famous by itself and I've known it for some time, but with the new GT7 update I'm having some problems and I need to ask for some advice. I've been playing GT steadily since the fifth chapter, but I was already playing bear games on the PS1, I remember Formula 1 and several arcade racings. From the seventh chapter I finally play with a steering wheel, a Fanatec DD Pro 8N

Hi everyone,

Michael here. I am switching from silent reader to active community member. Shout out to your great chemistry and help regarding tunes, tips & tricks.
    • Googling for setups and got lost in praiano's massive collection of fantastic setups
  • Where are you from?
    • Germany
    • In the late 90s, with F1 '98, Lego Racers and DTM (ToCa) Race Driver
    • Switching between DS and G29
    • Getting help and helping with discussions around setups, race strategy and liveries

Hi everyone.
Glad to be part of GTplanet. We are a gt7 only channel that creats content and live streams.
You can find us on Facebook and YouTube.

Now I have some reading to do on here. Catch you all in the comments.
👊🙏😎
Mr Realm

Back