Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,712 comments
Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
Hello I found GTPlanet from a GT sport server and it seamed real interesting and I am ready to face my challenges and push myself to be a good GT sport racer,I am from the US I use a standard PlayStation controller I usually play all games that’s up to date and I want to train and be apart of leagues

Hello I found GTPlanet from a GT sport server and it seamed real interesting and I am ready to face my challenges and push myself to be a good GT sport racer,I am from the US I use a standard PlayStation controller I usually play all games that’s up to date and I want to train and be apart of leagues
That's cool to hear, you've found the right place. Welcome! :cheers:

Also, ciao, @minolta01!

Last edited:

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

I just bought gt sports and i am really enjoying it.
i'm from usa california.
i played racing games when i was younger and played flying games mostly like IL2
I just bought a steering wheel and it is a logitech g29
I play different games on my ps4 and enjoy all of them
i would like to meet friends on-line.
i'm old but never have grown up

• Where are you from?

Hello GTplanet!
I found you all while trying to solve a bug with GT Sport (not yet solved, seems to be my internet).
Coming to you from Switzerland, I’ve been on and off racing games but only seriously into GT since May this year. This is when I got my steering wheel, a Thrustmaster T300 RS and hooked it to my Playseat challenge rig.
I am into RP videogames.
looking forward to networking and learning from this community.
see ya’ll

Hi all, hope you're doing well ^_^
I've been playing racing games as a kid. I remember the first game where my car won't move because I didn't know what accelerate meant lol.

I'm playing GT Sport with a controller, motion control. Hope more racing games would follow.
i'm old but never have grown up
Yes to this‼️;)

Last edited:
How i found gtplanet: was looking for more info about American big block v8
Racing games: I'm old school think my 1st was pole position, but mostly play GT and Need for speed now, only have a ps4 my roommate murdered my PC.
I used to play with a steering wheel
Other game I like: alot mostly play Division with my friends, kinda hard for me to find other Car Enthusiasts that I can geek out about cars with.
Making friends that I can geek out about cars with lol
Yeah the only Need for Speed games I played was on the ps2.
They were fun but Gran Turismo is far better for any race standard.

I've been playing racing games as a kid. I remember the first game where my car won't move because I didn't know what accelerate meant lol.

I'm playing GT Sport with a controller, motion control. Hope more racing games would follow.

Yes to this‼️;)
Welcome to the community! That reminds me of my days when I was younger first discovering what Gran Turismo was. If you ever have any questions regarding the older GT games from the ps3 era - whether it be in regards to cool photos made within photo mode of GT5/GT6 - or really anything with those games, just shoot me a message - always happy to share my thoughts, feelings, and experiences from those titles.

I hope you enjoy your stay here, there's a lot stuff for Gran Turismo, but also enough other areas for discussion that it keeps people like me coming back again and again

Last edited:
Hello GTplanet!
I found you all while trying to solve a bug with GT Sport (not yet solved, seems to be my internet).
Coming to you from Switzerland, I’ve been on and off racing games but only seriously into GT since May this year. This is when I got my steering wheel, a Thrustmaster T300 RS and hooked it to my Playseat challenge rig.
I am into RP videogames.
looking forward to networking and learning from this community.
see ya’ll
Switzerland! 😍 What an amazing place.

Welcome! Hopefully you can get that bug sorted out.

Yes to this‼️;)
Welcome! :cheers:

• Where are you from?

yooooo guys. SAF_Stingray here....well ive been bored racing computers and ghosts soo thought id guve gt sport another shot...been 4 years...im from Arizona and am casual racer. started playing forza 3. ran leaderboard times and what not for a few big teams and ended up top 25 overall...i guess not bad anyways its been awhile. i recently just bought a t150 and absolutley love it. already beating my top times with pad using it so i think om getting comfy. anyways still lots to learn on this game tracks and extra stuff. would like to make some friends for some casual chats and racing and maybe setting up some race fun nights, karts ovals just bs fun lol. i play gt sport, nascar games, srx, and pcars. mainly gtsport so far learning on the wheel. anyways feel free to shoot me a fr and see you out on the track....

Welcome to the community! That reminds me of my days when I was younger first discovering what Gran Turismo was. If you ever have any questions regarding the older GT games from the ps3 era - whether it be in regards to cool photos made within photo mode of GT5/GT6 - or really anything with those games, just shoot me a message - always happy to share my thoughts, feelings, and experiences from those titles.

I hope you enjoy your stay here, there's a lot stuff for Gran Turismo, but also enough other areas for discussion that it keeps people like me coming back again and again
Thanks for the welcoming hospitality!
Back then in 2019 I was into Assetto Corsa and would often check for new contents in the PC Mod Discussion Thread.

It's interesting that there also are non-racing forums here, a bit like Reddit.

Switzerland! 😍 What an amazing place.

Welcome! Hopefully you can get that bug sorted out.

Welcome! :cheers:
No bug! Internet connection was awful since I was connected to my WiFi with a gazillion other devices. Decided to connect directly with cable and fix the Ps4 IP. Now I am back up and racing.

Cheers!

Hello ,
Newbie and trying to learn online game 🙏
You're from Ethiopia? Welcome! I'm not sure we have many members from there, so it's great to have you. 👍
No bug! Internet connection was awful since I was connected to my WiFi with a gazillion other devices. Decided to connect directly with cable and fix the Ps4 IP. Now I am back up and racing.

Cheers!
Yeah, even with today's solid wireless networks you just can't beat an Ethernet connection for reliability. Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Bienvenue sur un fil spécial réservé aux nouveaux membres ! :RÉ

C'est le meilleur endroit pour publier votre premier message et vous familiariser avec le site. Voici quelques questions que nous aimons poser à tout le monde...
  • Comment avez-vous trouvé GTPlanet ?
  • D'où viens-tu?
  • Quand as-tu commencé à jouer à des jeux de course ?
  • Jouez-vous avec un volant? Si oui, quel type utilisez-vous ?
  • Quels autres jeux aimez-vous ?
  • Qu'avez-vous le plus hâte de faire dans la communauté ?
Comme toujours, faites-nous savoir si vous avez besoin d'aide pour trouver votre chemin sur le site ou utiliser votre compte. Bienvenue sur GTPlanet !

bonjour a tous
trouve gtplanet par l'intermédiaire d'un amis
de France je suis
il y a très longtemps
oui avec un simucube volant
atout pour automobilista 2
jeux de sport
découvrir
.merci a vous .

bonjour a tous
trouve gtplanet par l'intermédiaire d'un amis
de France je suis
il y a très longtemps
oui avec un simucube volant
atout pour automobilista 2
jeux de sport
découvrir
.merci a vous .
Bonjour et bienvenue!

Just so you know, messages do need to be posted in English here, so it is easier for most of our users to read what is being discussed. 👍

Hi
I have been playing Gran Turismo games sine the release day of GT1. I havent played any racing sim recently though. I guess I knew about this site for a long time. I used to add my licence times etc to online databases. I only got controller for now. I mostly like to hotlap and tune a cars setup. I am really waiting on GT7, then I have a reason to get PS5. Maybe I can start PC sim racing while I wait.

Cheers!
I keep on having the same problem. When I join daily races - or any other sport mode race - all competitor cars are frozen and I end up racing alone. I’ve checked different threads. Seems like an internet problem. I have already done a few things to try to solve this: Ps4 connected by cable, fixed ports and boosted my internet. It worked temporarily and then back to the problem. When I check my connection it seems to be good. Puzzled and a bit sad as this kills the most interesting part of the game.
If anyone can help or direct me to a thread it would be amazing.
thanks!

Attachments

• F53406DB-95AE-4BFD-AF91-6C983AC98C0A.jpeg
    F53406DB-95AE-4BFD-AF91-6C983AC98C0A.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 12
I guess I knew about this site for a long time. I used to add my licence times etc to online databases.
Ah, the good old days... sounds like you have been around the GT community for a while. Welcome! :cheers:

I keep on having the same problem. When I join daily races - or any other sport mode race - all competitor cars are frozen and I end up racing alone. I’ve checked different threads. Seems like an internet problem. I have already done a few things to try to solve this: Ps4 connected by cable, fixed ports and boosted my internet. It worked temporarily and then back to the problem. When I check my connection it seems to be good. Puzzled and a bit sad as this kills the most interesting part of the game.
If anyone can help or direct me to a thread it would be amazing.
thanks!
That definitely sounds like a router or networking configuration issue, but you're in the right place. Hopefully you get it sorted out and don't be afraid to ask around. Welcome! 👍

fixed ports
No need to muck about with ports; assign your PS4 a static IP address (in the PS4 settings and also in the router) then place it in the router's DMZ - if you can, assign everything in your house a static IP address too.

No need to muck about with ports; assign your PS4 a static IP address (in the PS4 settings and also in the router) then place it in the router's DMZ - if you can, assign everything in your house a static IP address too.
Done. Static IP address in the PS4. No idea how to do the DMZ thing but will look around for tips. Thanks for all the help!

Ok. Dome the static IP for everything - Ps4 both in console and router - and placed the console on the router’s DMZ. Still have same issue.
Done. Static IP address in the PS4. No idea how to do the DMZ thing but will look around for tips. Thanks for all the help!
Ok. Did the static IP for everything - Ps4 both in console and router - and placed the console on the router’s DMZ. Still have same issue. 😕 Getting frustrated. My son had a similar issue with his laptop while playing Minecraft, but it resolved spontaneously. Adding scrrenshots of what I see. As I enter the room I have all bars of connection and everything looks good. As soon as I enter warm-up period everyone else loses their connection - empty bars - and then during the race it is full white bars. Strange.

Attachments

• D63557D0-5C9E-44A5-900D-C18531C6DAE4.jpeg
    D63557D0-5C9E-44A5-900D-C18531C6DAE4.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 11
  • F1E7645C-A5A8-453E-B8F1-339D5E5015A3.jpeg
    F1E7645C-A5A8-453E-B8F1-339D5E5015A3.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 12
Ok. Did the static IP for everything - Ps4 both in console and router - and placed the console on the router’s DMZ. Still have same issue. 😕 Getting frustrated. My son had a similar issue with his laptop while playing Minecraft, but it resolved spontaneously. Adding scrrenshots of what I see. As I enter the room I have all bars of connection and everything looks good. As soon as I enter warm-up period everyone else loses their connection - empty bars - and then during the race it is full white bars. Strange.
How about your DNS settings? Rather than leaving them as default, try switching them to either OpenDNS or GoogleDNS:

Open DNS
1 - 208.67.222.222
2 - 208.67.220.220

Google DNS
1 - 8.8.8.8
2 - 8.8.4.4

After that, everything on the inside of your house is optimised, and if the problem still exists it's on the outside.

I've just quickly Googled the internet service provider you've used to post here (as a site admin I can see this info; that ability is limited to site staff only) and there are plenty of reports of issues with it and the Sony Entertainment Network specifically - though I didn't dig any deeper to find out why this might be the case. Some ISPs block or throttle peer-to-peer connections specifically, and GT Sport's Daily Races are peer-to-peer connections (as are a lot of gaming services not on PC; GT Sport does use fixed servers for FIA races though), so this might be among the issues.

To check, you could find someone you know who has a different ISP, and go round their house to try connecting everything up there. If everything works just fine (don't forget that their router might have different IP address assignments, so you'll need to either set it up for their router or delete your console's settings; the latter should be fine for a test), it's definitely your ISP mucking everything up!

Short of switching ISPs, you could try using a VPN; it's a bit unwieldy to do this with a console (you'd need to connect it through the PC with the VPN) but VPNs basically anonymise data so your ISP wouldn't know it's P2P data and can't block or throttle it.

Howdy ya'll!! I found GT Planet awhile back looking for 80s IMSA mods and have a been a long time lurker until now. I'm from the East coast of the United States and been playing racing games for Probably 3-5 years, unless we count Mario Kart, then 10 :D I use the Thrustmaster T150 Pro wheel, T3PA pedals, and TH8A shifter. Wheel is little on the broke side, but I make do. I enjoy managing and building setups for an oval iRacing team as well as a good round of Mario Kart. I looking forward to creating a couple of classic track skins and enjoy all the mods posted round here! :cool::cool:

Howdy ya'll!! I found GT Planet awhile back looking for 80s IMSA mods and have a been a long time lurker until now. I'm from the East coast of the United States and been playing racing games for Probably 3-5 years, unless we count Mario Kart, then 10 :D I use the Thrustmaster T150 Pro wheel, T3PA pedals, and TH8A shifter. Wheel is little on the broke side, but I make do. I enjoy managing and building setups for an oval iRacing team as well as a good round of Mario Kart. I looking forward to creating a couple of classic track skins and enjoy all the mods posted round here! :cool::cool:
Welcome, Bandit! :cheers:

Back