"Invitations" to buy overpriced cars need to go

• Thread starter GleepGlop
  • 35 comments
Something I've run into with the randomness of the roulette system for invites is, what if you get a lot of them at once?

I received the Aston Martin, Porsche, Ferrari, Pagani and Citroen (and a duplicate Citroen) invites in the span of a week off tickets. I've only been playing GT7 for a couple months and had to grind gold in bi-weekly Sport Time Trials and Circuit Experiences just to afford them all before the invites expired.

There is more pressure to buy these cars when you receive the invite because you really have no way to know when you'll get another chance to buy them again.

A new player may not have time or skill to earn the credits required to buy them all in time.

m76
Actually IRL you get an invittaion to buy some models if you already own a few cars by the brand. The game could do that too. You got 3 collectable Ferraris then they'd offer you to buy a new model. But that would require actual planning and forethought, not just an RNG like the current implementation.
You are right. For example, if you wanted to buy a Ferrari Enzo you needed to first own the F40 and F50. (Wiki Source) This would be a much more interesting mechanic while also being consistent with GT7's theme of car collecting.

m76
Actually IRL you get an invittaion to buy some models if you already own a few cars by the brand. The game could do that too. You got 3 collectable Ferraris then they'd offer you to buy a new model. But that would require actual planning and forethought, not just an RNG like the current implementation.
This would make much more sense than the lottery thing that we're into.

Can I just confirm there’s no way to influence the chances of getting a brand invitation? I’ve been playing over a year with at least 200 prize tickets and I am still waiting for the Ferrari ticket. It frustrating because I see so many people online with Enzos and LaFerraris

Can I just confirm there’s no way to influence the chances of getting a brand invitation?
That's correct.
I’ve been playing over a year with at least 200 prize tickets and I am still waiting for the Ferrari ticket.
Everyone got all the invitations back in April 2022, for a month.

That's correct.

Everyone got all the invitations back in April 2022, for a month.

Ouch I don’t know how I missed that or maybe I didn’t have the credits. Hopefully one these days I land it.

I got one of these invitations on the roulette wheel and at first I assumed it was a voucher for a free car from that make, but it was a limited time invitation to spend millions of credits I don't have on a car that was locked away from being purchaseable normally.
This just adds to the insult of PD treating us like we're playing an F2P game instead of a game we paid full price for.
I hate the Hagerty collection thing, the invitations, the number of multi-million credit cars in the game, and everything else about this game that tells us we're just too low-class to be able to afford these exquisite virtual cars that are only attainable by the upper crust of Gran Turismo playing whales.
If PD doesn't pull their caviar eating heads out of their buttocks I'm done with this series.
Fully agree with you. Apart from being done with GT. What irks me is the constant physics and wheel ffb changes. Changed again in this months update, for the better, to replace the last updates change which gave no linearity in its scaling.

I don't bother with the invite cars or overpriced exotics. I have race cars still left to buy and keep my 40 million topped up to buy any race cars I need from the updates.

I see people all the time spend all their in game credits on cars they will never race. It's fun for sure, but they are the first to complain about having no credits for group race cars that they need.

Latest Posts

Back