• 7 comments

Tom

Voice of Gran Turismo
Premium
United Kingdom
Kent
tombrookscomms
Hi all!

Whilst in California at the weekend, my iPhone died a sudden and painful death thanks to the display failing. Fortunately thanks to working for Sony, they provided me with a temporary backup for the next couple of weeks, but I will need to replace it in the new year.

I've used an iPhone for the last three years and would like to stick with the brand as I far prefer the operating system and ease of use. As such, I am looking at both the 8 Plus and X, both of which are relatively similar in terms of specs (same processor etc), with the only major difference being the camera and display (X has AMOLED whereas 8 Plus is LCD). I want to know what your first-hand experience has been with the phone though - i use mine a lot for work and I need it to be reliable and capable of handling multiple tasks at once.

Which would you recommend?

Thanks!

I would go with Android. :lol:

I have heard a lot of people went with 8 than X,
I also have heard their are lots of os bugs.

I know that AMOLED can burn in after awhile and also the "faint blue tint" is also been reported on X. (Has been confirmed on the Pixel2/XL but mostly noticeable on 2 XL)

Some say X others say 8p .

I had the same dilemma a few weeks ago. I went for the 8 Plus. Reasons for me to pick it over the X:

- TouchID instead of FaceID (first iterations of new tech tend to have growing pains, e.g. TouchID was not as great in the first iteration as it is today).
- No notch.
- Bigger screen, and UI tailored to this, so more effective when working with documents, etc.
- Basically the same internals as the X.
- Price.

It's funny that nobody (including me) considers the regular 8 as an alternative, it's always between the 8 Plus and the X. :)

I'm an Andriod user and I would also say go with the 8 Plus. It offers pretty much everything the X does and I think looks a better product both aesthetically and hardware design wise. The X is a 'bells and whistles' early adopter thing which, unless you really can't live without a bezeless screen and touch ID, you don't really need.

Thanks guys. Sorry for the delay but I did purchase the 8 Plus and I'm very happy with it!

Good thing you didn't want the X.
As Apple is stopping production of it in the summer.
Not enough sales to keep it going.

Good thing you didn't want the X.
As Apple is stopping production of it in the summer.
Not enough sales to keep it going.

Wow, that really is an admission they kinda messed up.

Back