iPhone app for B-Spec mode

  • Thread starter Thread starter digitalic
  • 43 comments
  • 11,378 views
Messages
624
I hope when B-spec mode online goes live that there will be an iPhone app made to control and manage online races. I think that would be awesome.
 
I hope they put something in where we can do it when we're not home. I'll never be able to get myself to run the B-spec races unless I can do them online at work or something. I tried to run one the other night, and when I couldn't fast forward it, I realized that I will never get 100% completion for the game. I really don't understand why anyone would have any interest at all in B-spec mode. If it was deeper and more of an RPG maybe, but how it is now, it seems really weird to add it to the game.
 
That's the idea of B-spec remote racing bevo. As long as your PS3 is on with GT5 in it, you will be able to run B-spec races from any PC, or mobile browser too.
 
That's the idea of B-spec remote racing bevo. As long as your PS3 is on with GT5 in it, you will be able to run B-spec races from any PC, or mobile browser too.

So its a remote control heating device?
 
I'm all for an iPhone app too!

Are you listening PD? :D
 
If it can be done via the web (ie send/receive xml data from a web server) anyone can make an app for it. I don't know how to write apps myself but I know this much.

EDIT: Unless it uses Flash of course.
 
I hope they put something in where we can do it when we're not home. I'll never be able to get myself to run the B-spec races unless I can do them online at work or something. I tried to run one the other night, and when I couldn't fast forward it, I realized that I will never get 100% completion for the game. I really don't understand why anyone would have any interest at all in B-spec mode. If it was deeper and more of an RPG maybe, but how it is now, it seems really weird to add it to the game.

I agree with everything you've said here.
I'll never play B-Spec at home. But if I could play it on my iPhone or computer while at uni or something, then I'd probably get it done eventually.
 
If it can be done via the web (ie send/receive xml data from a web server) anyone can make an app for it. I don't know how to write apps myself but I know this much.

EDIT: Unless it uses Flash of course.

I'm listening :)

Sadly I have no clue about writing apps (downloaded the SDK once, but never went through with it). Is anyone here a good programmer with some spare time?
It might give you a nice profit. For most GT players this would be a no brainer for a small fee.
 
I'd definitely purpose a app to run b-spec from work or something.

Only time I do b-spec at home is when I'm eating or something. I see no point in watching the computer drive in a racing game where I can race myself.
 
So it's a way to kill of your PS3's lifespan when you're not able to play yourself. Nice ploy SONY!
 
Probably wont happend. As Sony Ericsson, wich Sony is a huge part of offcourse, is releasing a new offical PS3 Phone soon. They want everybody who wants these things to buy theire phone, so they need something special. This is just one of those things.
 
Probably wont happend. As Sony Ericsson, wich Sony is a huge part of offcourse, is releasing a new offical PS3 Phone soon. They want everybody who wants these things to buy theire phone, so they need something special. This is just one of those things.

Didn't think about that. :grumpy:
 
I don't think the lack of an iPhone/Android app will be that much of an issue as you'll just be able to run it on the phone's web browser.

Also I can't be sure until the service launches but I don't think Remote Racing will let you progress your B-spec career, it looks to me like it will effectively just be for B-spec online racing with your PSN friends to gain XP based on the info below.

Gran-Turismo.com
"Rent" AI Drivers to Others, to Gain Experience

There is also a special mode in the Community, called "Remote Racing". In remote racing, when the AI driver and car set public by you and your friend are selected, an event race will start automatically.

This means that the AI driver that you set public might participate in a remote race of your friend, and come back with experience before you even know it.

You can watch the races that you host, but you will not be able to give commands like you can in the standard B-spec mode. This is to keep the matches with the AI driver you borrowed from your friends fair.

Gran-Turismo.com
Racing Your "My Driver"s Between Friends for Experience

Making Your Driver Public

Set your "My Driver" to "Share with Friends" to enable that driver to compete with the "My Driver" of your friends on PlayStation®Network (PSN) in a Remote Race.

Hosting Remote Races

Select the "My Drivers" of you and your friends that are set public, then choose your cars. Once a race set is created the race will begin automatically. This is called "Remote Racing".

After completion of the race, all "My Drivers" that participated in the remote race will gain experience. You can race your "My Drivers" against your friend's drivers in this way to gain experience.

*The service for remote race is planned to start from December 2010.
* To host a remote race, it is necessary to sign into the PlayStation®Network.


Gran Turismo Anywhere - Host races even when away from home

Remote races can be started from the official website gran-turismo.com, and you can even check the progress and results of the race.

Whilst on the move or away from home, you can check race results, and even set and start new remote races. A whole new way to enjoy "Gran Turismo" is here.

*This feature enables the remote operation of "Gran Turismo 5" from a web browser, and requires "Gran Turismo 5" to be running on the "PlayStation 3" displaying the remote race screen.
*Also, although it is possible to check race progress and results by text, you cannot see the live race images during the race from a web browser.
 
Hopefully it will work well with Droid. My iTouch is broken and will not buy another one because Apple sucks.
 
Sounds stunning, and practical! Is the web browser based version able now? In that cas, how do I link it to my PS3? I've tried, but can't find out how.. No new buttons at Gran-Turismo.com after signing in with my PSN account..
 
The fact your PS3 needs to be running has killed the whole prospect for about 90% of people.
 
The fact your PS3 needs to be running has killed the whole prospect for about 90% of people.

But... how else would they do it?
With every other game you have to log in using a client. Often that client is running on your computer as you play the game on that computer. With the PS3, the client is running on your PS3.
They would have to make a seperate GT5 client for PC/Mac to enable you to do this (with an exchange of savegames etc.).
Unless I overlooked something....
 
But... how else would they do it?
With every other game you have to log in using a client. Often that client is running on your computer as you play the game on that computer. With the PS3, the client is running on your PS3.
They would have to make a seperate GT5 client for PC/Mac to enable you to do this (with an exchange of savegames etc.).
Unless I overlooked something....

Well you can't watch the race anyway, so there's no need for any kind of graphical processing to occur... thus I expected the whole thing to work via some server doing complex mathematical RPG-like equations and then feeding back results. Then upon returning home and connecting to PSN, your B-spec drivers stats and results would download and update.
 
Wicked... Never knew that B-Spec was gunna be online... this will be truly magsuperishous.
 
This would have been great for PSP remote play!!!!

I have a psp 2000, if only this could work, I could be playing GT5 from my university.
 
Well you can't watch the race anyway, so there's no need for any kind of graphical processing to occur... thus I expected the whole thing to work via some server doing complex mathematical RPG-like equations and then feeding back results. Then upon returning home and connecting to PSN, your B-spec drivers stats and results would download and update.

You're right, that's an option.
 
Well you can't watch the race anyway, so there's no need for any kind of graphical processing to occur... thus I expected the whole thing to work via some server doing complex mathematical RPG-like equations and then feeding back results. Then upon returning home and connecting to PSN, your B-spec drivers stats and results would download and update.

This is what i want/expect in this day and age.

im not leaving my ps3 on all day. jesus christ how stupid.
 
I hope when B-spec mode online goes live that there will be an iPhone app made to control and manage online races. I think that would be awesome.

What's the point, your PS3 would need to be on. I would never leave my house with the PS3 running.
 
Yeah this is a great idea, especially for the endurance races. Even if you weren't leaving the house you could be doing other things and controlling your driver over the 24h races. Can't really see it happening though.
 
This is what i want/expect in this day and age.

im not leaving my ps3 on all day. jesus christ how stupid.

The big problem is that this train of thought will gradually go to generating an instant result. The computer knows the variables, so it should be able to predict in a few seconds who will win.
Having the ps3 play the race out will at least give the suggestion of an actual race being driven somewhere. You could even start a race on the bus and come home in time for the finish :)
 
I hope they put something in where we can do it when we're not home. I'll never be able to get myself to run the B-spec races unless I can do them online at work or something. I tried to run one the other night, and when I couldn't fast forward it, I realized that I will never get 100% completion for the game. I really don't understand why anyone would have any interest at all in B-spec mode. If it was deeper and more of an RPG maybe, but how it is now, it seems really weird to add it to the game.

I had the same reaction the first time I tried B-Spec. It seemed so boring but then the need for easy credits caused me to give it a try. Now I'm hooked!

It's like having some slave who grinds for you and wins cars for you. Also, sometimes the races are pretty exciting...last minute overtakes and crashes. But I find after some initial training my driver can win races without input from me. So, I just switch the tv input to cable and watch something then check back to see if he has won. Sometimes I'm like, "WTF?! How did he lose that race he had a huge lead?" But regardless, you always earn money.

Now when we can run races remotely it will be even more awesome.

It's strange that the one feature that I initially thought was stupid will probably be what makes GT5 standout above other racing games.

Now it's like I'm constantly playing GT5. When I'm too tired to race my Bob's are diligently racing for me.
 
I really don't understand why anyone would have any interest at all in B-spec mode. If it was deeper and more of an RPG maybe, but how it is now, it seems really weird to add it to the game.


Well I am recently disabled, I lost all feeling in my hands due to nerve damage so thank god they put this mode in or I could not play at all, all I HAVE is B Spec, however good it is or not...just wish you could fast forward..

I really like trying new tunings and seeing how my driver works them out, etc, so to me, it's cool. Like I said it's all I have since I cant use the controller the way I used to, and need to to be any good anymore...
 
A iPhone app for B Spec would be fantastic 👍 :) :drool:

My phone is on all the time - so 24hrs races on the iPhone b spec bob would be a breeze.

Winning cars only available via the app would be great too - kinda like the facebook page game now for the Jag XJ-13.

I really need a iPhone GT5 app from PD!!!!!
 
Can't wait to remote play B-Spec! Controlling via browser or PSP would be awesome when the wife wants to watch TV, just stick on the PS3 and keep an eye on the driver every now and then.

Great for generating cash afc (away from controller) :p
 
Back