iPhone app for B-Spec mode

  • Thread starter Thread starter digitalic
  • 43 comments
  • 11,378 views
iPhone app would be good but if the browser works then that's fine. B spec is certainly odd. Like some have said when playing it remotely you can't see the screen with the cars going round the track so I wonder how the information is given to you so you can send the necessary message to your driver? The race info must come from the PS3 but the way the cars drive and the way mistakes are made must be done by some sort of calculation which surely can be done without the PS3?

I would have hoped that there is some way to do this without the PS3 being on and then it downloads your progress next time you load the game
 
NBH
I would have hoped that there is some way to do this without the PS3 being on and then it downloads your progress next time you load the game

There is without a doubt a way of doing it without using your PS3.

That would also be the most sensible way, most user friendly way, probably the most environmentally friendly way (lots of servers doing the calculations as part of their existing workload, millions of extra PS3s left on all the time...), and probably safest (PS3 causing fires, unlikely, but possible)

Will PD do it this way? I'm guessing no. :nervous:
 
Allowing us to "grind" B-Spec when we are away from our PS3, is for me an emission that B-Spec is a waste of time. That being said it's a great little earner for me atm so I won't complain too much :D . I love the idea of being able to keep track of your driver when he's racing via a web browser, and so long as it doesn't use flash there is no reason why an iPhone/HTC/Windows 7 Mobile app couldn't be created.

So long as you can start new races/championships, select new cars/drivers and allow you to issue commands in real time then it would be a worthwhile addition. I do however fear it will be nothing more than a basic viewing program that lets you track your drivers progress, with limited (if any) controls. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong, and it allows you to do everything you can if you were sat in front of the PS3.
 
Neat idea. But i would want such as app for Android.
But as long as the Remote B-Spec site works well in the browser will be happy.
 
Android, too!

And Symbian. Not all of the world is stuck on the flash-over-substance that the iPhone OS and Android focus on, though the latter is much better in that regard.
 
Have just noticed THIS over at the playstation blog. I wonder if there would/could be the ability to use this app to control the B-Spec?
 
oh cool, no US version though. Hope they implement an ability to control GT5's online B-spec mode from this.
 
Have just noticed THIS over at the playstation blog. I wonder if there would/could be the ability to use this app to control the B-Spec?

I've just seen this report as well. If Sony are happy to release screen shots and tell people about it on their blog it must be nearly done/awaiting Apple's approval. Seeing this gives me hope of a GT5 B-Spec app, but some how I doubt we'll ever get one officially.
 
It looks like remote play is out now. Is anyone playing bspec on the iPhone?




Sent from my iPhone
 
If PD had the resources to spare for a mobile app, it would appear on Android first since that's the primary platform of Sony's mobile phones.

And Symbian. Not all of the world is stuck on the flash-over-substance that the iPhone OS and Android focus on, though the latter is much better in that regard.

Symbian is on its way to execution. Say hi to your new overlords from Microsoft.
 
What's the point, your PS3 would need to be on. I would never leave my house with the PS3 running.

I do this all the time and have no problems with it. I start a Bspec race at night and collect the winnings in the morning. Most people leave a laptop or desktop on 24/7, why should a PS be any different?
I started the update before I left for work so that it'll be done way before I get home. If anything goes wrong I'm sure my wife will call to tell me my PS3 has taken up smoking/making funny noises!
The iPhone app may come in useful for some but I have a PC on all day in my office so my iPhone is tucked away in a draw and when I'm at home I've no need to use it to Bspec. The remote racing from a PC is a much more useful option for me.
 
No issues with mine either, running a "cooler" on it and it's an ORIGINAL 60gig. She's had PLENTY of looooooong days of running from numerous different games, no issues. Running the remote races right now from my laptop as I respond to this thread.... Just won against my buddies Bspec driver, McLaren MP4-12C against a Lexus LFA and he took it by .5 in a 5 lap race.... WHAT A COUNTRY :)


As long as your PS3 is in an "open" area and has some form of airflow it won't have an issue. It's a mini-computer, and we all know computers can stay on for a LONG time.
 
You can access remote racing via Safari on the iPhone, but I wish it was a mobile site! Would be sooo much nicer...
 
Back