iRacing making Nascar game for console/PC/mobile, due 2025

• Thread starter Fezzik
  • 16 comments
Thanks Motorsport Games for complete my screwing up everything so we can have this opportunity. Love it.

Now, how brave will they be with it? All licensed NASCAR content from iRacing in a console game with huge career and console leading online?

Perhaps not, but that would be the dream right?

I really want to be optimistic, but I can't help but think we will just get what is essentially NASCAR Heat 6. Even the WoO game they recently released, while good, is just the dirt part of Heat expanded and tweaked.

On the bright side though an alright game beats the hell out of a trash fire one.

Does this mean no NASCAR in FM?? I used to use them in F7 here and there but F7 didn’t put enough ovals in the game to make a fun season out of it (purposely or not 🤔)

Last edited:
Does this mean no NASCAR in FM?? I used to use them in F7 here and there but F7 didn’t put enough ovals in the game to make a fun season out of it (purposely or not 🤔)

The relevant part is "simulation-style console racing games". If you argued that Forza was more of a simcade there could be some wiggle room there, but for now it sounds like an exclusive deal.

Last edited:
Probably the best outcome considering any other developer would just make a complete hash of it.

Now if only they can do the same for Indycar.

Now if only they can do the same for Indycar.
There is this from Motorsport Games’ statement:

Additionally, as part of ongoing efforts to achieve long-term financial sustainability and growth, Motorsport Games has committed to redefining its product and development strategy and will start with a comprehensive commercial review of all projects in its portfolio, which may result in additional restructuring efforts to those already implemented under the previously announced 2022 Restructuring program. This includes a detailed review of the INDYCAR game project, which is under development by the Motorsport Games Australia studio and Traxion.GG, a UK based media website and community focused on racing games and related esports
Not sure iRacing could take on both licences, but anyone else would still be an improvement if Motorsport have to sell that one as well.

I really want to be optimistic, but I can't help but think we will just get what is essentially NASCAR Heat 6. Even the WoO game they recently released, while good, is just the dirt part of Heat expanded and tweaked.

On the bright side though an alright game beats the hell out of a trash fire one.
No it’s not, the WoO game and SRX are absolute country miles better than the dirt series from Heat. I mean, I suppose you can see the DNA there at a push, but the dirt series in Heat 4/5 weren’t a patch on the later games. The first Tony Stewart sprint car game yes, WoO no way, the contrast between the two shows how far they improved their product in a shortish space of time and that makes me think this will be worth the wait.

I guess this also means that the only way we're going to be playing a NASCAR game on PC from now on is by shelling out for an iRacing subscription and however much more it costs to buy all the cars and tracks piecemeal, since only two tracks on the schedule and one outdated truck are included with the subscription. I certainly can't see them cutting into their own profits by releasing a standalone game on PC.

I guess this also means that the only way we're going to be playing a NASCAR game on PC from now on is by shelling out for an iRacing subscription and however much more it costs to buy all the cars and tracks piecemeal, since only two tracks on the schedule and one outdated truck are included with the subscription. I certainly can't see them cutting into their own profits by releasing a standalone game on PC.
There is a Steam logo in the announcement.

Are you being serious right now? Look at the picture in the very first post, read what it says...
Yes, I see that. But it doesn't mean they are making a completely new standalone game for the PC. They have the exclusive game rights for the PC market, and Steam is the primary distribution platform for PC games. They already have a game on Steam that has pretty much all the currently relevant NASCAR content made and included.

There's no need to spend millions of dollars developing an entirely new game when they can just push people to their existing product, which is already being heavily promoted as NASCAR's official e-racing series and is recognized by NASCAR fans, spend zero extra dollars on development and increase the playercount of iRacing even more. From a purely financial standpoint, it makes no sense to not promote iRacing as their PC NASCAR game.

But it doesn't mean they are making a completely new standalone game for the PC.
They wouldn't mention PC it in the official standalone game license announcement if it wasn't happening, it really isn't that complicated.

Last edited:
Back