iRacing Paint Schemes Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter RACECAR
  • 1,723 comments
  • 336,499 views
Why not make the main sponsor GTPlanet? :D

Aha! Thanks man! Thats a great idea :D

Anyone has a vector based GTP logo? Or at least one that is "floating"?
 
Floating?
I just search google images for a black on white Gtp logo and use the magic wand tool
 
Floating?
I just search google images for a black on white Gtp logo and use the magic wand tool

Googled it and found one vector based and one that was "floating"
Was thinking about using the wand. but nothing looks better than vector graphics. Might even vectorize it in illustrator :P
 
So... complete fail or decent??

Monster_Ford.png

Monster_Ford_2.png
 
Nice, but a little bit to much going on for me to be honest, but as long as you like it who cares :p
 
I like the scheme except for the sponsor doesn't really work well for it. It's abstract which I like.
 
I like the random shapes/colors, very unique
 
Yeah I like it. I think the random shapes and colors go good with it because of the monster logos. Might not look as good with another sponsor though.
 
I like it but I also think the Monster logo doesn't really fit in. Maybe try Rockstar's. :P
 
livemusic
I like it but I also think the Monster logo doesn't really fit in. Maybe try Rockstar's. :P

I was thinking aplinestars logo honestly.
 
Thank's for the suggestions guys! Definitely gonna try those out!
 
Does anyone have downloadable templates. I'm working on a few designs for when I come back to iRacing again.
Edit: Never mind. Found them on tradingpaints.com
 
Last edited:
I finally took the time to finish that legend car I posted about a month ago
Griotslegendfinished_zpsdb8e91da.jpg

griotslegendfinished2_zpsc1eec093.jpg

Just kind of a sponsor stew :lol:
 
Looks nice!
 
Painted my McLaren today, it's been a while since I painted a car, it needs work yet. (click on large image). This weekend I think I'll do one of my Oiler theme's

Screen_007.jpg
 
The Mclaren is Available to paint?

*runs to Trading paints*
 
I got 2 skins done already, Von Ryan Racing Dragon Inc and Gemballa racing cars... Sucks not to have internet connection to check them out a finish them up.
I'll post a screenshot of the templates later today!
 
Painted my McLaren today, it's been a while since I painted a car, it needs work yet. (click on large image). This weekend I think I'll do one of my Oiler theme's

Screen_007.jpg

Looking good so far. 👍
 
12C_Gemballa_zps2b17920b.png

12C_VonRyanR_Dragon_zps997211ff.png

Damn I can't wait to play with this beast!
 
Do you use gimp to make those? I can't figure out how to draw arcs and simple shapes
 
Me neither! I use shapes that I already have and alter them to get whatever I want, very limited to what I can do that way but it's good enough for the simple skins I make.
The dragon on the second skin I already had so it was just a matter of getting the layers and transparencies and get them properly aligned.
 
oh wow, still a very nice job:tup:
 
I reworked my McLaren, didn't like it. The stripes I changed to black and I used a gold reflection under the red paint which you can't really see unless your close up to the car, if you look closely you can see the center of the car is a darker red then the outer edges..

McLaren_0049_web.jpg


McLaren_0048_web.jpg


McLaren_0047_web.jpg


McLaren_0046_web.jpg


McLaren_0045_web.jpg


These images have been down sized for the web and they loose a lot of detail, they look alright but the full size ones look much better.
 
^Nice. My Mustang's new scheme. This is my first time painting, so the result isn't perfect, but I'm really happy with it. Inspired by the Brumos Porsches.

6786222385_03300402b5_z.jpg


mustangbrumos1_zps9664445e.jpg


mustangbrumos2_zps72d0d4d8.jpg


mustangbrumos3_zps6d307bd9.jpg
 
Nice! Wait til we get the RUF RT12
 
Thanks, I'm looking forward to it. I'm thinking of doing a Steve Mcqueen Le Mans inspired Riley DP next..
 
Thanks, I'm looking forward to it. I'm thinking of doing a Steve Mcqueen Le Mans inspired Riley DP next..

I've been wanting to see that movie for so long now
 
Back