iRacing Paint Schemes Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter RACECAR
  • 1,723 comments
  • 336,486 views
Yes and just found out I can't upgrade any longer to CS6. Missed it by 11 days.
 
Here's my first go at a paint job. I know Falken Tires sponsors drifting Mustangs, but I'm basing this off the #17 ALMS Porsche. Still needs some tweaking, but it's turning out better than I expected.

falkenmustang.jpg
 
Looks great Skooby.

Spooble
 
I like it!
 
Made myself a scheme for the V8, cause I was bored. :P

iRacingSim642013-01-1423-02-24-49_zps9a9acf66.png


iRacingSim642013-01-1423-02-48-93_zpse69097e7.png


I'm not sure about the stripes on the hood, should I keep them this way or switch the two colours? Or switch the colours on the back?
 
Looks good to me, stripes on the hood look fine.
 
I like it. I think it works as is. If it bugs you, I'd keep the back the same and swap the front stripes. What's on the underside of the wing?
 
I like it. I think it works as is. If it bugs you, I'd keep the back the same and swap the front stripes. What's on the underside of the wing?

Looks like the Canadian flag to me.

Looks good though! :)
 
Lol I never noticed that the tires said iRacing on them instead of a licensed brand :lol:
 
I am pretty sure I have seen the Mazda with BFGoodrich tyres (I think.)
 
I think you're right, it's probably only a handful of cars w/o licensed brands
 
despite the dunlop stickers. :lol: (Or are they part of the livery?)
 
despite the dunlop stickers. :lol: (Or are they part of the livery?)

Haha, I never noticed they said iRacing, they use Dunlops in real life so I put Dunlop logos on! Thats hilarious! :lol:

The design is still WIP, the back looks too empty to me so I may try to put something back there. I'll fool around with the wing a little too, as its one of the few cars where you can actually paint the wing.
 
I finally had a scheme made for trucks and probably will end up changing it around a little too.

iRacingSim2013-01-0918-22-40-22_zps4f28f5f0.png
 
^Wow, I really like that. Nice work 👍
 
For my first paint job I want to re-create the Hexis Maclaren but I'm missing 1 sponsor:
HexisMP4Top.jpg

Does anyone know what the logo on the top of the car is? It looks like 'ECHT' with another word underneath that, but I can't find a definitive reference to it anywhere.
My best guess is it has something to do with this company:
echterzg.png

but it's just a guess as 'Echt' is german for 'real' so the word that follows could be practically anything:
 
Let me see what I can find for you Hydro!
 
Had a look around for you, couldn't find it. In fact, that seems to be the only picture of that car with it on! :P
 
Had a look around for you, couldn't find it. In fact, that seems to be the only picture of that car with it on! :P

Yeah, might have very well been a one race deal...
See now the Blanc Pain banner so it was most likely a one race deal!
 
It does seems to be a somewhat obscure / one off sponsor deal. Strange that its so hard to find though. If it turns up anywhere Ill add it later / last.

Thanks for looking into it guys 👍
 
FIA%20GT%20World%20Championship_Team%20Hexis%20Racing_MP4-12-GT3%20%C2%A9%20Com%27on.jpg



That's a great pic to copy.
 
Thanks guys but I didn't make it. I got someone in Iracing to do it, actually paid 2 guys for 2 trucks but other one turns out like complete crap so I contacted other guy. The first was CS designs which took him almost a week (which is fine but things just didn't look right, colors were off), contacted 2nd guy who contacted me about design and he had it done and finished in a day.
 
Here's a paint I made for the team I'm in, InterContinental Motorsport for 2013.
2j1tn3k.jpg
 
This is my latest work in progress (Just started), albeit another simple but historic paint again except it's kind of a mash up of Bruce McLaren's Mclaren M6A for Can-Am that used a small block Chevy except on a modern spec chassis that uses a ford inline 4 :lol:
iRacingSim642013-01-2101-12-10-20_zps61e19814.png
 
Back