iRacing Will Add Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport This Winter

go buy a new engine iracing lol

Nope. ACC has a "new engine" that they bought and it performs terribly IMO (frame rate wise unless you dumb it down a lot). Iracing looks quite good at 4k with lots of accurate details but still great frame rate (which is sooo critical for good racing). They seem to aim purposely for a bit behind what max they could push which is fine given the tradeoff. VR could use some improvement I'll admit but it's generally cleaner and better performing than any other title I've tried. ACC is a complete mess in VR. Besides, if pretty visuals is your main determiner for a racing title I'd wager your interest in online racing is not very serious.

As for this car. I'll give you a hint. It will cost $11.95 (as every other car does) and will release most likely after S4 ends in December. :) . There is little point in them releasing a new car mid-season.

$11,95 for a single car. They know how to charge your money

Yeah, but look at it this way. They are the only sim to date to provide a good consistent online experience including some policing of user behaviour. It does not mean you still wont' get booted off the track but not maliciously without there being repercussions. They also provide consistent races not organized by a volunteer. Leagues in other sims (and even iracing) can be great but they have a tendency to peter out as people lose interest and are not always policed very well. Plus they don't really skill match you in most cases.

For the price iracing is a cheap hobby. GT sport is probably your next best option but it's penalty system is gorked allowing people to game it. Iracing's penalty system is perhaps unfair at times (for safety rating) but the time penalties are purely based on you cutting the track. Plus GT sport seems to have no way to remove people who maliciously hit others (it's because it's free to play other than your yearly PS online fee). I dunno much else about GT sport but doubting they have the breadth of racing available consistently with well-matched players that iracing has (dunno for sure though as I don't play it).

In short, you get what you pay for. Sim only costs $25 like ACC did for me in pre-oder? Well, then you can't expect much ongoing online organized play from the company themselves as it's just not feasable. Sim has an ongoing subscription fee like iracing? Well then I can and do expect a well-organized set of classes with policing, ranking, etc... It's not perfect but it's the best I've found after years of trying alternatives.

Back