IRS | Toyota 86 Racing Series | Mondays 9p EST | BIG FINALE TONIGHT: Dragon Trail - Seaside II

We've had a few new members join in the last week or two and we're currently slightly over 16 drivers. All I ask tonight is that everyone please join the lobby as soon as it opens so we can get an early head count. Herimopp89 will be making a special appearance tonight but has informed me he will be cutting it close. If anything we may start 5-10 minutes later than usual but please still arrive as close to 9:00 as you can. I'd hate to have him rush home just to find out there isn't a spot for him.

Any chance of a one-off next week for me? I’ll be on spring break and it’s my only shot at attending this series.

I’d use #54 and I believe you already have me added.
Sure man, you can race next week, I don't see why not. It's not a one-off though, just the season finale. We may be doing a special event the next week if you're still on break.

I tried joining the room but I was kicked out. Is this a system glitch due to the recent update? You never know about these things....Guess I can’t race with my friends tonight. Very odd.

I'll add you to the driver list, awesome!

Just a reminder to everyone and the new guys alike. At any point during the races last night if you saw something or were a part of an incident please report it with the proper procedure so the stewards can get a look at. This will ensure the appropriate penalties if any get handed out and scores can be updated as soon as possible. If you don't report it, I don't know about it. This is a team effort for the betterment of the group so let's keep each other honest :)

Network issues. Next week I'd like to have @rap and a few others join earlier like 8:30 or 8:45 so we can get on track and do some race start tests. I want to see what happens

Hope this is legitimate

Still unsure of racing number if availible Ill take 07 but if not need to know what's available.

RNFetchBlobTmp_x88djvy7iwjfi4du450bf.jpg

RNFetchBlobTmp_pwokjakirthouobpimfz7g.jpg

#7 is taken by Jayr. The link below goes to the driver's list which has all of the known driver numbers.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-de-barcelona-catalunya.382941/#post-12527118

I don't see any OZ Racing or International Racing Series decals. And just curious cuz the picture is too small to tell, are those OZ brand wheels? I saw the Advan decal which is related to the Yokohama tire band so I wanna make sure.

514 okay? Its triple digit hope that's cool.

The wheels are Advan and decal to go with, international decal is on the back bumper but I didnt put an OZ sticker.

Do I have to use OZ wheels?

#514 is all yours. I couldn't see the IRS logo but now I can tell that's what that is. Yes, please use OZ Wheels as they are a "sponsor" for us. It's one thing I like to replicate from the real world series we took inspiration from. That's also why we use Dunlop. 👍

Kay no prob, I switched Tag decals to OZ and I will change wheels, only a couple months in GTS I don't have many nice OZ wheels :/ due to dumb way of acquiring rims. Ill make something work. Ill switch out that Advan decal too

Dipped to handle some stuff ill be back soon to finish off livery.

No rush, you have until next Wednesday. If you don't find any OZ rims you really like then the default GR ones would be acceptable.

Right on, next week Ill be more prepared.

The 2 races I ran with you guys were my first times on this Track, except maybe a licence test on it or something, never did a lap there yet. My car was originally BoP and tuned suspension. So I had to adjust power up drop weight and get used to default settings :/ Ill get some practice in before next event.

Why is it there is no tuning? This would really be a great venue for tuning especially since we can't tune in Sport Mode :/ , Im guessing there is reasoning behind the regulation though.

I'm glad you asked! There are definitely a few reasons for the tuning restriction. It's got a lot to do with this being a driver development series and it's one extra thing to not have to worry about learning. No tuning ensures that success is determined primarily by driver skill. It also helps to know you'll never spend hours tuning the car or wondering if someone is truly faster than you or if they just have a better tune. It's all about getting the most out of what you're given and everyone's given the same thing. This keeps things fair and balanced.

When it comes to the weight and power regulations, they are to replicate the real world 86 Racing Series. The car is stripped down but in-game settings can't go as low so we set it as low as possible. Power is raised just enough to match the given top speed on the real world series website car description. It claims 143mph on the Conrad straight of Mt. Panorama (series is Australian) and stock power won't do that. It might if we could make it lighter but this power increase compensates for that.

If there's anything else you're interested in, please don't hesitate to ask. 👍

Last edited:
Sounds good, Drivers wanted.

Okay well I spent a good amount of time working on my Livery and am pleased with my results.

I replaced the out of place sponsor logos like Greedy with ones either used by series or the game itself like FiA, Tag, ECT. The only logo I left not associated in some way is Seibon on the hood and trunk.

I added detailing like shadowing the headlights and adding hood clips as well as refined positioning of decals

The only concern I have is that the car is painted yellow and the yellow in the Dunlop logo was ever so slightly off and my paint wouldnt match, the look it created was sorta poor detailing. I switched to a non backed Dunlop logo as I hope the car being yellow will negate any issue. Let me know.

RNFetchBlobTmp_u1c8iaxnomdnoucwa5tv5.jpg
RNFetchBlobTmp_iofxu239q1azm73l474t.jpg

I'm going to work on a helmet and suit to go with it tomorrow.

I'm a bit of a simpleton with Liveries I don't do the wild paint jobs but I do put effort into little details that one might not pic out individually but I feel add to the overall look.

Back