- Long Island, New York
The thing that’s really important is your race craft and racing. If you want to compete against the best, and you desperately want to be the best, every inch of effort, every single bit of resource and energy is applied to making sure your whole act is as good as it can be. That competition is the fundamental key to why we’re all here.
Below are the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules and Guidelines. I expect everyone to give it a read to ensure clean and fun racing, but most importantly a welcoming environment for new drivers to develop their skills.
Tinyurl link: tinyurl.com/86RS-GTP Please include this in the room title when making practice rooms.
- Car: Toyota 86 GRMN '16
- Power: 221 HP
- Weight: 2,392 lbs
- Tires: Sports Soft
- Car: 86 Gr. 4
- Power: 352 HP (BOP on)
- Weight: 2,751 lbs (BOP on)
- Tires: Racing Hard
- Fuel Map: 1
- All races will be a set number of laps to a length of approx. 20 and 30 minutes respectively.
- 9:00 - 9:25: Lobby opens and Qualifying Session begins.
- 9:30 - 9:50: 86 GRMN Race 1
- 9:50 - 9:55: Break
- 9:55 - 10:15: 86 GRMN Race 2 (Reverse Grid)
- 10:15 - 10:30: 86 Gr. 4 Qualifying Session
- 10:30 - 11:00: 86 Gr. 4 Main Race (Grid Based on Previous Results)
- Qualifying Procedure: Once you enter the track to qualify do not leave the track again. When you are done setting laps you must drive past the first sector for your time to count.
- Start Type: Rolling Start
- Boost: None
- Slipstream Strength: Weak
- Visible Damage: On
- Mechanical Damage: Light
- Category: N-200
- BOP: Off
- Tire Wear: x1
- Fuel Consumption: x1
- Initial Fuel: Default
- Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
- Race Finish Delay: 180 seconds
- Max Power: 221HP/225pk
- Minimum Weight: 2,392 lbs/1085kg
- Tires: Sports Soft
- Tuning: Prohibited
- Ghosting During Race: Off
- Shortcut Penalty: Off
- Wall Collision Penalty: None
- Wall Collision Detection: Default
- Side Contact Penalty: Off
- Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision: Off
- Replace Cars When They Leave The Track: Off
- Flag Rules: On
- Ghost Lapped Cars: Off
- Driving Aids: Drive Line, ABS and TC
- Changes for the 86 Gr. 4 Race:
- Slipstream: Real
- 86 Racing Series decal must be placed on the top of the front fender next to the door. The decal can be found here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/discover/search/decal/decal/2251741/5053044350405084696
- Toyota decal placement and style is up to you, but should be in a place that stands out as they are the main series sponsor.
- International Racing Series (IRS) decal can be placed anywhere on the car as long as it stands out somewhat. Here are two options for use: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/my-library/decal/decal/3929034/6124913098432217088 or https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/my-library/decal/decal/3929034/6278035477573435392
- Two Dunlop decals on the front bumper and on the rear bumper, below the headlights and rear lights. They must be the in-game default Dunlop decal
- Racing number placed on the front and rear license plates. First place a blank decal (of your desired color) to cover the GRMN logo, then place your number decal(s) on top of that. Again, any color you like. For the 86 Gr. 4 there is no license plate so the requirement changes to a number on the rear of the car.
- Racing number must be placed under the 86 Racing Series decal on sides of the car
- OZ Racing decal placement and style is up to you
- Windshield Banner is required, white or black is up to you
- Wheels must be default or any OZ Racing brand wheels
- Below is a preview of what a car might look like with the bare necessities:
- 1st - 25 points
- 2nd - 23 points
- 3rd - 20 points
- 4th - 18 points
- 5th - 15 points
- 6th - 12 points
- 7th - 10 points
- 8th - 9 points
- 9th - 8 points
- 10th - 7 points
- 11th - 6 points
- 12th - 5 points
- 13th - 4 points
- 14th - 3 points
- 15th - 2 points
- 16th - 1 point
- If you retire from a race or the night as a whole you will receive last place points for each race you do not finish. Last place in this context means of the total number of drivers, not last place as in 1 measly point. This helps those with real life issues maintain mathematical contention in the championship.
- If you are interested in joining, please post in the thread that you'd like to sign up and include your PSN ID and racing number.
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments please feel free to bring them up. We will work together to come up with ideas and I along with the IRS Series Organizers will try our best to do what's best for everyone.