IRS | Toyota 86 Racing Series | Mondays 9p EST | BIG FINALE TONIGHT: Dragon Trail - Seaside II

Was good times. I managed a mid pack finish each race :) happy with that. Lil bit of rubbing, I bumped a couple times but early braking up front n nowhere to go but nothing serious. Hope everybody had a good time. Man couple guys are quick.

All I'm gonna say is that I came into tonight with absolutely zero practice. Take that as you will ;) :lol: Really though, I think it's just because I have more miles on the odometer and know the car a bit better. Switching to SM might change that up.

@K3Tuning How does this compare to the daily races? :cheers:

In chat we were discussing how the time of day slightly but noticeably changes tire grip. Nothing drastic but enough to feel a difference and have to slightly readjust. It's just another part of racing that keeps us close from one race to the next. I fully expect someone to pick Autopolis for next season, but which version?!

Was good times, good racing.

Yeah I liked the changing of time it also moves some shadows I use for markers lol had to readjust. Would of done better last race but had a racing incident and ended up pretty far back had to climb up some spots before the finish :D .

I wanted to practice but had a rough snow fall and worker bailed so was recovering from overload of snow. Did a few laps in the practice room before the lobby tho. DS4 no CSA did what I could

Toys-R-Us is Dead. Maybe that’s why their driver is piss poor. (;

Attachments

• F4CB4408-9C53-4475-A3BC-EC2A9F9E15D3.png
    F4CB4408-9C53-4475-A3BC-EC2A9F9E15D3.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 12
Both of those are beautiful works of art! Good job with those liveries, I really like the tiger designs. Come to practice next week to show it off ^_^

Series Announcement

I added a more detailed welcome message to the first post.

Going forward into Season 5 we will now classify drivers as Pro and Am based on a time trial. I have added a list of instructions for what to do under the registration section of the first post. I will repost them in this post as well. This is going to give everyone a general idea of how to drive around each other and new drivers. Below are the instructions for the time trial. Please get this done before March 27th so we can have it for Season 6. :cheers:

1. Select Arcade > Time Trial
  2. Select Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa - Noon 11:30
  3. Set car to series specifications of weight, power and tires.
  4. Drive as many laps as you like until you feel confident you can consistently get your fastest time +/- a tenth of a second. Try not to spend too long on this, 10-15 laps should be enough to get a base line time.
  5. Save the replay and share it to your activity feed.
  6. Create a private message with me with a link to your replay. I will reply with your class designation as soon as possible.

Last edited:
I just want to verify we are running SS tires for the time trial? I saw you mentioned switching to SM tires a few posts back.

I hadn't drove that course yet, beyond the circut experience, so I gave it about 20 laps tonight to get a better idea. Best I did was 1:59.1 something. It said my optimal lap was 1:58.3 something. I couldn't stay consistent like you wanted though, going between 1:59 and 2:02 mostly (had a few oops).

I'll try and get a little more consistent next time.

Yea gonna stick with SS tires. I picked Kyoto Yamagiwa because it's been in the game since launch so I figured people would have a bit of experience on it. The idea was that you wouldn't be spending time learning the track itself as much as the car on said track. Just keep pushing and learning and when you feel like you are going as fast as you can then you're good.

Last edited:
Series Announcement

The Season 5 Championship is over! Congratulations!

1st Place - @damonc84
2nd Place - @DesertPenguin
3rd Place - @Drtecdru

L0K3TfD.png

Prize Winners for Season 6 Track Selection are @damonc84, @Drtecdru, @Frozone44, and @jayr1399. A private conversation will be made will all of you to discuss next season.

To the new drivers: next week is not a championship week. We will still get together and race for fun with some shorter races at tracks we've already been to or tracks the prize winners would like to test. This gives them a chance to see how a race might play out before choosing a track. Hope to see you there but for now enjoy the weekend!!

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Yea gonna stick with SS tires. I picked Kyoto Yamagiwa because it's been in the game since launch so I figured people would have a bit of experience on it. The idea was that you wouldn't be spending time learning the track itself as much as the car on said track. Just keep pushing and learning and when you feel like you are going as fast as you can then you're good.

Ok, no problem. Like I said before, I only bought the game a couple weeks ago. I've only done the driver school/circuit experience/missions and raced in the dailys & FIA, so I haven't spent much time on it, or any of them really. I'll just run a few more laps next time I play & send it then, I think I got the gist of the track & car last night even if I wasn't super consistent.

Season Schedule
*Times included are in-game:

Season 5:
Week 1 - Feb. 20:
Nurburgring GP (8 Laps) .........................................Race Times: 08:00 | 15:00 | 19:30
Week 2 - Feb. 27: Lago Maggiore - West (11 Laps) .............................Race Times: 06:10 | 18:15 | 21:00
Week 3 - Mar. 06: Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya (9 Laps) ...............Race Times: 08:00 | 12:00 | 15:00
Week 4 - Mar. 13: Dragon Trail - Seaside (9 Laps) ...............................Race Times: 08:00 | 10:00 | 16:30
Week 5 - Mar. 20: Special Event (Double Points)...................Race Time: TBD

We dont have one more race for Season 5?????

Remember you saying you wanted to do like an Enduro or something.

Yea but I never came up with anything concrete and didn't want to throw it together last minute giving people little time to practice. Do you just really want to do an endurance race? :) If we do anything next week, endurance or not, it will be for fun and no points so bring your party hats people!

im happy with a no points enduro. In that case I will change my car number to 1 for this race. ;)
You can change your car number to #1 for Season 6 if you want too. Show it off lol

I don't have any tire wear data so let's keep that the same. What I do know is that fuel at x4 lasts roughly 24 minutes. Let's do a 60 minute race with all other race conditions being identical to a standard race week. That means a two stop race and maybe a tire change on the second stop.

Should we use the new track Autopolis?

Anyone object to Autopolis?

I did some quick laps and if we race there, fuel lasts 9 laps and an hour race would be 27 laps. I'd rather not have it be as simple as drive until you run out of fuel and pit because then there's no pit strategy/over-under stuff going on. Instead the race will be 25 laps. This allows for the most amount of pit strategies with two stops. Should be a lot of fun and we'll certainly know the new track when we're done!

Series Announcement

I added a more detailed welcome message to the first post.

Going forward into Season 5 we will now classify drivers as Pro and Am based on a time trial. I have added a list of instructions for what to do under the registration section of the first post. I will repost them in this post as well. This is going to give everyone a general idea of how to drive around each other and new drivers. Below are the instructions for the time trial. Please get this done before March 27th so we can have it for Season 6. :cheers:

1. Select Arcade > Time Trial
  2. Select Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa - Noon 11:30
  3. Set car to series specifications of weight, power and tires.
  4. Drive as many laps as you like until you feel confident you can consistently get your fastest time +/- a tenth of a second. Try not to spend too long on this, 10-15 laps should be enough to get a base line time.
  5. Save the replay and share it to your activity feed.
  6. Create a private message with me with a link to your replay. I will reply with your class designation as soon as possible.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly how many laps are you wanting in the replay?

In game I believe you can save just the fastest lap. That should be fine. I don't mind if someone sends me a 30 minute session though.

I did the test, but forget to set the hp and weight :banghead:

Can someone please share the power and weight in percentage? there is some difference between hp and metric hp for some of us

Last edited:
I have mine set to Level 1 for Power at a 105% ratio and Level 3 for Weight at 89%.

It shows 221 HP & 2392 lbs on the left side.

I hope that is correct, and that it helps.
Yes, that is correct.

By the way, has anyone else started doing time trials?

Back