Is 1990-2000 the best generation for Honda?

Is 1990-2000 the best Honda Generation?

  • Oh hell yea!!

    Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Nah!

    Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Duh! I don't know

    Votes: 5 18.5%

  • Total voters
    27
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)


Although I dont know very much history of hondas, I would just like to input that I think that Honda is the most useful car of the 1990-2000 year. They are affordable as new and even as used AND most important.......Reliable! :O USED Hondas are the best choice for high schoolers and beyond after college unless they want to get a new car! :O
Despite them being just reliable and affordable cars by many, they can meet the needs of young people who like tuning/souping up cars. Even though many may face the "rice"ing slang being called to them, Hondas are STILL reliable to tune up and can be made an enjoyable "START" car to get exp in tuning/modding.
Also, even if higher end cars such as Supra or Corvette is still not affordable, Honda are still acceptable to have for modding.
Yea... but although it does sux at times when you cant afford such high end car and have to stick with cheaper cars such as a Honda but at least you still can make it FAST! Unless you already wanted a Honda anyways! :O But maybe you would need goodluck later on when you start taking on BIGGER cars like Supras and Corvettes! :O:O:O:O
Blah :blah:! Anyways... Hondas are cars that anyone can have unlike higher end cars or SUPER EXPENSIVE cars! :O

Honda = most Versatile, well-rounded cars for a cheap cost for the year 1990-2000 IMO! :O
 
Lol......This is soo stupid. IS it good FOR honda..yes...Did this bring about good Honda's? Nope....It simply capitalized on stupid 16 Year olds who think The Speed Channel will make them ACE Certified.
 
i came into this thread thinking there would be some intellectual information and/or debate goin on...

as i can see.. there's nothing but ignorance here..

I will state a simple fact now.. and if u wanna challenge it please have a strong arguement consisting of more then just "honda's suck"

HONDA MAKES THE BEST 4CYL N/A ENGINES IN THE WORLD.... PERIOD
 
^Good counter-attack there, every body keeps on dissing Honda's (esp. some people on GTP) but do they know what the real reason than just 'ricing' out these cars? I don't blame the Honda's being 'rice', I blame on the owner/driver of the car by making it 'rice'. And besides Honda's back then are over-engineered, they deliver excellent performance at the same time gives you excellent fuel ecomony and emission ratings for the buck. :)
 
The Vanishing Boy
^Good counter-attack there, every body keeps on dissing Honda's (esp. some people on GTP) but do they know what the real reason than just 'ricing' out these cars? I don't blame the Honda's being 'rice', I blame on the owner/driver of the car by making it 'rice'. And besides Honda's back then are over-engineered, they deliver excellent performance at the same time gives you excellent fuel ecomony and emission ratings for the buck. :)

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

I would like to share my own view about "rice" compared to yours! :O I look at Hondas as the one of the most useful pratical car company, but some do just always think that all Hondas are rice cars because of wut young people do to them.
I generally call somone a ricer, BUT not the car based on their attitude toward others. I often see these "ricers" of mines as looking at other people's as IF their car is better and ESPECIALLY they have that mentality of:

Faster car = I am a better person than you.....

And lastly, that "Fast and the Furious" look on their face when they look at others and their cars.... It's the look that just make them look arrogant and think they are a better person. I can sometimes pick out those body langauges and face expressions. They way they sit on their car hood, crossed arm, smirky face....makes me want to slap them :O:O:O

Also, I am not meaning to bash on Hondas, but....over here in California, I see young honda owners ALWAYS or most of the time have those kind of "I am better than you" Fast and the Furious look and talk. And they sure do drive so unsafe that a police officer told me that Honda Civic hatchbacks are the most common car they give ticket to....
 
About now is, because they got the NSX and S2000.

But, I never liked Hondas because they never made any other good RWD cars :D
 
Hondas are very reliable....and riced-hondas aren't common in the UK, more people rice Saxos, 106s and Corsas!

80s Hondas are hideously ugly BTW, but then again, so were all 80s Japanes cars, (gold paint, brown dashes :yuck: )
 
I don't think honda even has a best generation.
 
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I'm not funny. Leave me alone! AHHHHHH!!!!!

But thanks.
 
Most of the time we all find your sarcastic humor funny. At least I hope you were being sarcastic most of the time. If not all?

Anyways, forget it. You suck. :)
 
M5Power
Hondas suck because :

1. I'VE NEVER SEEN A HONDA DRIVE CORRECTLY
2. KIDS TAKE HONDAS THEN PUT IN A HUGE EXHAUST THAT MAKES IT SOUND GOOD BUT HARDLY HELPS PREFORMANCE
3. KIDS TAKE HONDAS THEN PUT ON COOL WHEELS AND A BODY KIT--DOES THAT HELP PREFORMANCE?
4. THE INSIGHT. NEED I SAY MORE?
5. I COULD SUGGEST AT LEAST ONE CAR BETTER THAN ANY HONDA IN ANY CLASS.

1. I have, I do it all the time and so do many other people. I'm not too sure what you mean about this statement. If it's a matter of reliability, you seem to be confused. Honda makes some of the most reliable cars out there. If you mean that Hondas are not fast or "DRIVE CORRECTLY", take a look at some of those videos on the internet. I have seen a 5th gen Civic beat a Dodge Viper in a street race and another civic run a 8 second quarter mile. Don't assume that because some stock Civics come with a weak 115 hp motor, they cannot be fast. The fact is, those Hondas ARE SLOW. It's not that complicated. Low horsepower = slow. However, Civics are extremely light and can be stripped down to 2000 lbs. If I were to pick a car to do an engine swap in, I would pick a 2000 lb car over a 3000 lb car. So, put in a bigger displacement engine, get a high-performance turbo, tires, the works, and guess what? CIVICS CAN BE FAST. And YES, they can be DRIVEN CORRECTLY.

2. Hey, I don't like it either when kids put huge exhausts, intakes, and whatnot to make their car sound different. Not only do they hardly help performance, but they provide almost no improvement. Keep your stock intake if you have a newer generation Civic. IT'S INSULATED. IT WILL KEEP AIR COOLER. I/H/E will only show real improvement on a high-powered car. But even still, if you're going the naturally aspirated route, get new camshafts, gears, etc., things IN the engine. There's no replacement for displacement. But you say that kids put these only on Hondas. You can't make this statement, because you will see them on EVERY MAKE, not just Hondas. This statement is pointless.

3. Again, much like #2. Bodykits can look nice and many of them look bad. We don't really need them. But people but them on every kind of car, not just hondas. The wings you talk about also don't make your car faster. If you have a low-powered car, a huge wing will SLOW your car down. Sure, you will have that extra downforce, but your car won't need it; it doesn't go fast enough. That's why you see drag cars with big wings. They need the extra downforce to get all the power to the pavement. But don't narrow down your criticisms to just Hondas. This statement is also pointless.

4. The Insight. Yeah, you could say more. So Honda has produced a hybrid car, what Maniacs... (sarcasm). The Insight doesn't say anything about the company as being slow. It's just that car. In fact, it's not as slow as you think. It may be weak, but have you seent the weight of that car? 2200 lbs. Now if an Insight pulls up to you at the red light and revs the engine wanting to race. OK, you can laugh at that Insight, you're probably gonna beat it. Honda built the car as a great economy car. Sure it may look funny and not be fast, but when you have to pay $40 for a gas-up for your V8, you'll curse the Insight because it gets a better MPG. This statement is like saying that all of Toyota's cars are slow because of the Prius. And that is pretty much what your saying of Honda.

5. Alright... I bet you could... I never said Honda was the Dream Company. They aren't #1 in every class, but some of their cars are very good. There aren't that many classes out there, so its kinda hard to win the competition. However, Honda's suit my needs perfectly...

I'd like to thank you for providing such thoughtful assumputions. It has been a pleasure disproving them...
 
Hey, nice statement there! Nice work! 👍
 
Yeah, and its all true. I have never seen anythign wrong with Hondas, its just the old Muscle car boys who can't accept that VTEC and Turbo power is replacing truck-powered Sedans nowadays!
 
producepete
I'd like to thank you for providing such thoughtful assumputions. It has been a pleasure disproving them...

Actually, it hasn't been a pleasure - it's been a total waste of time. Have a look at the date on that post - it's more than two years old. I don't even agree with it anymore. So the next time you want to disprove some "thoughtful assumptions", ... check the date first. 👍
 
M5Power
Actually, it hasn't been a pleasure - it's been a total waste of time. Have a look at the date on that post - it's more than two years old. I don't even agree with it anymore. So the next time you want to disprove some "thoughtful assumptions", ... check the date first. 👍
Wait so this thread is over 2 years old?
 
pimp racer
Wait so this thread is over 2 years old?

You might be a 14 year old AZN but you're certainly not a 14-year-old brain surgeon.
 
M5Power
You might be a 14 year old AZN but you're certainly not a 14-year-old brain surgeon.
Oh one question how can i check when the relpy was posted?
 
Actually, it hasn't been a pleasure - it's been a total waste of time. Have a look at the date on that post - it's more than two years old. I don't even agree with it anymore. So the next time you want to disprove some "thoughtful assumptions", ... check the date first.

Hey, it doesn't mean that this thread is two years old, you have the reason to be pissed about it. :irked:
 
Wow, two years old... I'm glad you have changed your mind since then. it sure sucks that all this stuff is being brought up to you again. sry. Maybe you should have just deleted your posts...
 
Hey, I made this thread when I was a n00b, I've never thought that somebody would revive this thread! I thought this thread is dead! :dopey:
 
At what point did I lose all my faith in this forum? It's posts like these...

pimp racer
Oh one question how can i check when the relpy was posted?

Nice. Reeeal nice. 👍

Ever seen that thing in the upper left of each post which gives the date and time of the post? Believe it or not, that thing gives, well, the date and time of each post.

0 for 1 being smart.

The Vanishing Boy
Hey, it doesn't mean that this thread is two years old, you have the reason to be pissed about it.

Doesn't make sense. I mean, we can break it down:

a) the first part: this thread IS two years old. I don't know what "it" is.
b) the second part: I have the reason? What reason? Pissed about what?

0 for 2.

So bring up usually intelligent producepete, he'll do the job!

producepete
Wow, two years old... I'm glad you have changed your mind since then. it sure sucks that all this stuff is being brought up to you again. sry. Maybe you should have just deleted your posts...

Maybe I should have just deleted all my posts? Good call. Even if I wanted to delete old posts (which I can't do because non-moderators can't do that anyway), do you actually want me to go through and delete, what, a sixth of my 14,000 posts? Yeah - the next time I have the time to delete 2300 posts, I'm sure I'll give it a shot. Or maybe you could do it.

0 for 3. Sounds like a Charles Johnson night.

(^ best post ever)
 
Well lets just say thinking isn't pimp racers strong point.
 
a) the first part: this thread IS two years old. I don't know what "it" is.

-See? You're describing yourself that you're an idiot. :lol:


b) the second part: I have the reason? What reason? Pissed about what?

-Why oh why you for all people you keep ranting a harmless thread, if you don't have anything nice to say, STFU and leave this alone.
 
The Vanishing Boy
if you don't have anything nice to say, STFU

Heh.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, shut the **** up!"
 
Right back at your idiotic little mind. :lol: :dunce:
 
The Vanishing Boy
Right back at your idiotic little mind. :lol: :dunce:

Okay, so you said it.

Then I repeated it.

Then you said it "right back." So you said it twice?

Are you on acid, or something? You used to be so smart.
 
Hey! I was pointing at Y-O-U.

Not me but you. ^

You get me dude?

I was hoping that you're smart too.
 
Let's not get out of hand here. So M5 Power made some bold accusations a few years ago... All i really care about is the truth, so I felt I needed to clear up all those issues. It's funny how some people are dumping a whole lot of **** on him now even though he said he was sorry. Sure, I was a little angry at him before I found out this was a 2 year old thread and you can sense the tone in my post.

What are we even arguing about anyway? The age of a thread? I just wanted to talk about Honda's generations...
 
i think you should include 1989 because of the crx dx my dad has one with 250k miles and still gets 40mpg. and also honda wave runners.
 
Back