Is a basic "look around" camera too much to ask for?

• Thread starter ICEYOU3
  • 11 comments

ICEYOU3

(Banned)
United States
Selatapura, Usea
Most if not all racers nowadays give the player the ability to rotate their camera 360-degrees around their vehicle in order to see what is behind them or get a better view of their surroundings by toggling the right thumbstick. Other vehicular games like Ace Combat has had this basic feature since the 90's, I hope PD takes note and throws it into GT7.

They had included this feature in the GTSport betas. Most likely removed it because Kaz for some reason considers it "too advantageous for players", which was his reasoning for rear-view mirror not having an option to toggle on for certain gameplay cameras.
I mean... I suppose. I'd rather have the ability to look around my car instead of relying on those little ass spotter arrows on the left and right side of the screen though.

Last edited:
I'd love this feature. Sometimes I just like looking at and admiring my car as I drive... admiring the way it looks and moves. Is it so hard to have this feature PD? If it's "too advantageous" for online then limit it to the SP modes.

Last edited:
360 degree rotating is not very real life realistic (I suppose that's what Kaz meant) but they could make it rotate a bit, as if you are rotating your head IRL

Last edited:
360 degree rotating is not very real life realistic (I suppose that's what Kaz meant) but they could make it rotate a bit, as if you are rotating your head IRL
But I mean it's a video game where we has chase camera still. I don't think it being unrealistic is a reason not to have it. If Kaz is aiming at true realism then he'd have to tell the team at PD to remove all cameras except cockpit.

Last edited:
But I mean it's a video game where we has chase camera still. I don't think it being unrealistic is a reason not to have it. If Kaz is aiming at true realism then he'd have to tell the team at PD to remove all cameras except cockpit.
Your profile picture fits your statement lol

This was in the GT Sport beta, but there were complaints by players, myself included, that the chase camera was too stiff as it was 100% fixed to the car. Every little movement of the car resulted in harsh swings of the camera. In adding options to adjust the camera stiffness and pivot point relative to the car, they removed the player-controlled camera panning.
It was nice to look around the car for casual viewing, but with the wider view afforded by chase cam in general it was not necessary for side by side racing. I very much prefer the options they gave us over the look-around feature.

Last edited:
You have idea how disappointed I was when they removed it from the GTSport beta. And I always thought they would bring it back. I was wrong.

Trolling level: Kaz.

It would have been even worse for me if they brought the hood cam and then removed it with the following game update.

And add in FoV adjustment, as the current one is way out for the majority of people!

Back