Is ACC for PS5 & Xbox X/S worth buying?

• Thread starter CHEN255
  • 12 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
chen-255
Despite all the bugs is it a solid sim? I have no experience with Kunos products, are they a good developer who listen to their customers & fans & is it likely they will fix most or all of the bugs?

I bought ACC when it was on sale for the PS4 for 13.50. I enjoyed it on my PS5 I have downloaded the upgrade but I haven't been able to get in any time with it. I also have AC and while I don't like career mode it is fun too.

A brilliant sim with quite a few bugs.

Nothing quite like it on console simulator wise but it seems their games always launch with bugs and introduce new bugs with updates.

Certainly worth it for me even with the bugs but I would suggest to read up on the bugs online before deciding if this would impact your enjoyment of the game.

On PC they are really good, fast fixing issues and listening to their customers and even interact with them on their oficial forum.

On console it's a different story, ACC is quite bugged , it was on old Gen, and now on new gen it's the same but with some more bugs and issues added

Kunos don't listen to console version customers, don't interact with them on their oficial forum and they don't do the porting and support either.

On old gen version it was 505games for support between customer and developing team ,wich was D3T ldt.
And now it's 505games and untold games in next Gen.

Kunos only send them the updates they make for PC version to porting team "and oversees the port", seems they didn't even try their game before releasing a version/update, cause it's very easy to see the bugs, issues, non working stuff by the customers playing less than an hour and spot the difference between PC version and console.

So, yeah, it's the only "hardcore sim" on consoles, great physics, but game quite "broken" and "bugged" wich for quite some people can be frustrating, support on old gen was a disaster, and i really don't expect to be a big improvement now on next Gen.

Would i recommend it? On PC,no doubt, on console... I can't really recomend it, only for give it a shot now and then between other games.
Really a shame, cause on PC it's really great.

505 have responded and are aware of the issues and say they will be fixed which is very encouraging. I guess it’s just a matter of wait and see as far as I’m concerned. I’m very interested in purchasing ACC and if they do sort things out then it will be a must buy for me.

505 have responded and are aware of the issues and say they will be fixed which is very encouraging. I guess it’s just a matter of wait and see as far as I’m concerned. I’m very interested in purchasing ACC and if they do sort things out then it will be a must buy for me.

You may as well wait for a sale then. The only thing is, on Xbox at least, the main game and DLC always go on sale but not at the same time.

The lack of variety hurts it for me but the core driving experience is amazing, even on a controller. (Using the dash or hood cams)

Hey guys is there any way to get a longer version of your replay? I did about 12 laps at Monza but it only shows me the last few… as for buying It I think it def worth it.. the bugs don’t bother me so much even though it could be annoying but the game looks great, sounds great, and drives great!

Of course it's worth it. If you don't plan on buying it for PC, then definitely buy it for console.

I'd try to find a used copy of the PS4 version. You get the PS5 digital for free.
I'm pretty comitted to buying this today. I have a PS5 and will still buy it even if I can't find a PS4 copy. I am/was a diehard Gran Turismo player, however, GT7 is a complete mess right now. I'd rather buy a totally new game vs deal with the microtransaction madness over there.

As someone who has had a rig and steering wheel since GT5 prologue days. I have used AC since release on PS4, with a G29 and it was a big step in realisim over GT. It's the best ffb of any console sim. Then i had ACC on PS4. misses out on the variety of AC but the quality is another step up. Been on PS5 with ACC for a few months now on a DD pro and its amazing for its sense of realisim. I mainly use it for career, time trials and hot lapping and haven't had the problems of others. I did have to modify my fanatec settings for more feel, but overall it's amazing. Looking forward to trying the improvements.
Even with the bugs, that get fixed over time, Kunos make a great sim, yes even on console.

The new update today has destroyed the feel in my wheel. Can't feel curbs or subtle slip just heavy tyre load. Looking forward to a new recommended setting for the dd pro.

Last edited:
I have it on Xbox One X and it’s the most stable version and I can race with it for hours with no issues. Framerates are not great though but you do get used to it.

On Series X it’s a bit of a mess with all sorts different bugs apparent for different people. The driving is very good and the improved smoothness in the graphics is amazing and gives a much better overall experience. However, be warned that many experience all sorts of problems and for example I cannot race with the AI because they get disqualified whenever they are more then a second ahead of me. The support is pretty non-existent and don’t expect communication from them on anything. They don’t fix all bugs so some remain and you just have to learn to live with them.

But it is a great driving experience and if you can get a good online group there is plenty of fun to be had. Providing you don’t get the online problems some have of course.

Back