Is any musclecar better than the 64 GTO?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jorday
  • 36 comments
  • 3,586 views
Messages
135
Messages
jpcyclone
I am amazed with this thing. It's awesome.

For me, it produces better lap times than the 70 chevelle SS 454, Charger, Challenger, Superbird etc. It also seems to have the highest top speed.

Thoughts about the 64 GTO being the best musclecar? Do you have one that you would recommend over the GTO?

Thanks
 
I'd say the Camaro Z28 and the Shelby GT350 would be, though the GT350 would be down on top speed.
 
I really like the Shelby 350R. Looks great drives great! I used it for muscle car challenges for both a and b spec
 
Any of the Mopars are better.


:)
 
Personally, I enjoy driving the Challenger the most. Although, I love the Charger and especially the Superbird. I wish they'd have added a premium Charger Daytona too. 👍
 
I do agree the challenger is awesome too.

I've gotten the GTO going 209 mph, and I haven't been able to duplicate this with any other muscle car.
 
The '64 GTO is just a thrill of a muscle car. I'm not going to tune it up just yet, but I don't think I can resist. Haven't had this much fun with a muscle car in a long time.
 
I haven't tried the GTO, and I haven't excessively tuned it yet to see how it compares power wise to the other cars listed...

But the '71 Mustang Mach 1 is flat out awesome.
 
the best muscle car is the 62' Buick Special
 
'62 buick special, 770+hp it's a barge but it gets the job done. sounds like a monster too.
 
Race Modified 69 Chevy Camaro, brilliant car and looks the business.

Race Modded 2010 Camaro is a bit faster and probably a bit better but it's just a race car the 69 is a muscle car ;)
 
I am amazed with this thing. It's awesome.

For me, it produces better lap times than the 70 chevelle SS 454, Charger, Challenger, Superbird etc. It also seems to have the highest top speed.

Thoughts about the 64 GTO being the best musclecar? Do you have one that you would recommend over the GTO?

Thanks

I just got my second 64 Goat, and outside of the Standard issue, that car is amazing, and it seems to have an endless supply of torque..

Have to start tuning it, but I have bought a ton of upgrades for one of the GTO's already.
 
The 67 Cougar has the best power to weight ratio and runs out very nicely, Only draw back is there is no wing for it.
 
Personally, I enjoy driving the Challenger the most. Although, I love the Charger and especially the Superbird. I wish they'd have added a premium Charger Daytona too. 👍

I still haven't foudf the Superbird in the UCD, but I look everyday, it's one of my favorite muscle cars. That said, of the ones I own in the game, the Challenger has been my favorite so far.

Personally, I think since they've already included NASCAR, why not include some classic Cup series cars, like one of Richard Petty's old Chargers or something.
 
Although I haven't tried it against every car in this thread I thought the Race Modded Challenger was the fastest muscle car going around corners in the game. I used it to win both Historic Race Car races against the Toyota 7 and Chaparral 2J fan car.
 
The charger superbee is awesome, but it sure is ugly in this game.
 
I think it would be awesome to have a muscle car series race with cars from the 60's to 70's era. Some of the old Trans-Am cars including Camaro, Mustang, AMC Javelin, Cuda, Vette... Those were great to watch racing back in the day. Sounded like a freight train when they were all lined up going down the track. Nothing like the sound of a big V8. 👍

Personally I have an affection for the Shelby 350. I owned 4 mustangs for real in my life - 1965 hdtp, 1966 convert, 1983 GT and 1985 GT. Loved them all. They were all modified.
 
Yep... '67 Cougar is a beast when fully tuned. (Early Cougar's are some of my favorite IRL cars)

picture.php


Look at that bad boy! I can't believe it's not premium. :grumpy:
 
Last edited:
I just picked up a purple cuda, but I haven't tuned it yet. Anyone know what it maxes out at?
 
I've got the 69 camaro RM that is a nurburg animal. Runs easy 6:59's. And runs on rails.
 
I love Superbird :D. I even used its name for my nick in RuneScape (which I don't play anymore).
But I found Buick Special the most awesome of the muscle cars. It amazed me in GT4, but I was again amazed at its handling and speed in GT5. :]
 
Keep in mind that a race modded Camaro is not a muscle car any longer but is a race car instead.

The Cougar is sweet and probably the best of the classics that can not have any downforce. The Cuda with the wing installed is pretty good as well.
 
That 62 Buick Special fits more to the Pro Touring or Street Rod category than Muscle Car. The only thing from 1962 on that car is the body and frame and most of that has been reworked and upgraded. Not fair to compare that car to the Muscle Cars that are stock models, it's only counter part in game is the Trans Cammer Mustang. The last GT award winner, 69 Camaro, at the 2010 SEMA show will be another to compare it to.
 
That 62 Buick Special fits more to the Pro Touring or Street Rod category than Muscle Car. The only thing from 1962 on that car is the body and frame and most of that has been reworked and upgraded. Not fair to compare that car to the Muscle Cars that are stock models, it's only counter part in game is the Trans Cammer Mustang. The last GT award winner, 69 Camaro, at the 2010 SEMA show will be another to compare it to.
True but I can still beat it with my Cougar :)
 
Back