Is anyone getting Disconnected from Server errors recently?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NeonBass
  • 26 comments
  • 2,023 views
Messages
12
United States
United States
I've never had lag issues in GT5 or GT6 until recently, and I've cleared cache and all. Its happening every race now, cars are racing normally, and abruptly all the cars start spinning and wrecking but I'm the only one who sees it. I get kicked with an message that says "Disconnected from Server"

Is this a community thing, or am i at fault?
 
I don't play online so can't say anything about that but I play GT6 in the afternoon and GT5 in the evening and I usually get disconnected from PSN on both at least once a day for the last few days before it logs me back in straight after. I did get a "can't connect to the server" message this afternoon when loading up GT6 but once I clicked the seasonals and then back to home page it was fine.
 
Yes, and I have a fairly good internet connection.
 
Yep. Ever since we had the last "server maintenance" it has been beyond a joke.
 
Ok it's not just me. I've been disconnected from the online lobby several times today when I was never disconnected a few weeks ago. And just now I've been disconnected from the "GT Server". It says I'm not connected to the PSN but I could still message other people so... GT server issue?
 
Yea had it happen a few times now, quite annoying losing my 200% race bonus when I'm trying to save up some credits for a spending spree
 
Disconnected from the GT server several times over the past few weeks, very annoying while trying to do the Seasonal TT's. Never had an issue before, but now its like all hells breaking loose. :banghead:
 
Yep, I get disconnected at least once or twice a night when I am in lobbies.

Just another example of how broken this Beta release game :-(
 
It has been like that for me since GT5
 
Im only getting disconnected from the sever while in a lobby, its been happening more often now :banghead:
 
Does having the router "wired" to the PS3 make any difference .
 
Yes. I don't play GT6 online very often, but when I do, I usually get disconnected somewhere around 30 minutes in.
 
I play GT6 weekly with a mate for about 2½ hours at a time with absolutely no problems. When we started with GT5 back last October or November, we had hair-tearing problems. However, @VBR's post HERE fixed everything for us, and we have never looked back. We are close to each other in Massachusetts on different ISPs.
 
I'm getting signed out of PSN problems regularly at the moment and I simply can't get back in - my guess is there are capacity issues on the PSN servers or something - I lost my 200% login bonus on GT6 as a result.

Birdseed007
 
No problems in 3 months ( except ,maybe 10-15x disconnections , which I think is no big deal for 50+h online).

Maybe just maybe , it is because I only connect to lobbies with good connection > 4 or 5 stripes :D
 
After 3 months and about 4 races/week I would say I had 2 or 3 DCs.
I live in Brazil and all my hosts take place in Europe or NA.
I believe all complainers are aware about DMZ/UPnP/Port Forwarding/CAT5 cables and router settings. But even if you aware of it, maybe the host doesn't!
 
Up until the most recent maintenance, I would get dc'd every now and then like once every other week or so.

After "fixing" minimum 2-3 times a night.

I also get the triple beep of death more often thus rebooting, logging me out, and losing money (we all know it ain't much online), tunes, and sometimes the ability to get back to the room that I created and one of my friends is host.
 
I played all weekend long and didn't have a single disconnect or problem. Played last weekend too with no issues.
 
Yes I have been disconnected from the server lots of times lately, while online I've seen friends disappear from the room and a whole lot of lag while racing. Not to mention GT6 causing my PS3 to freeze, requiring my to hold down the off button to sort the problem. What the hell is going on with GT6? No update or DLC! pure silence from PD, and we are left with what seems to me like a half finished game. Please tell me this is not the future of online gaming.
 
Seems to me that the online issues may be regional in nature, or possibly related to the number of players in the lobby. I have zero problems ever since I followed the instructions HERE, however that could be related to only ever having two players in the lobby.

...No update or DLC! pure silence from PD, and we are left with what seems to me like a half finished game. Please tell me this is not the future of online gaming.

In a sense you are right about it being unfinished. We are nowhere near the "end of the road", which is great. If you read http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/ you'll see what it is that you should expect to have now, PLUS the plans for a lot of future enhancements.

To date they have given us what they promised, and are in the process of rolling out the other stuff.

If you were looking for a short-term experience with GT6, then you'll be disappointed. If you want a longer-term, engaging, evolving experience, stick around for the ride!

Personally, I'm hoping this IS the future of online gaming. It sure is the plan in ESO for example.

EDIT: "Is the game half full, or is the game half empty?" :D

depositphotos_6659835-Ripe-grapes-wine-glass-and-bottle-of-wine-isolated-on-white.jpg
 
Last edited:
"Is the game half full, or is the game half empty?" :D
The game is half broken.

Not just I get disconnected very often, my PS3 froze three times yesterday in a period of one hour, in the last one I had to unplug the console, I couldn't reboot using the power button, this hasn't happened me before in any other game, it's really annoying and upsetting.

Maybe when Kaz was talking about pushing the PS3 hardware boundaries, he was referring to this.
 
Last edited:
Back