Is DR too easy to increase?

United States
Lansing, MI
GForce1015
Simple question. Do you feel that it is too easy to rank up your DR?
I hadn't been on in a while but yesterday I was on and got multiple thousands of point for a daily race. That seems like more than it ever has been. IMO only A and A+ should be given out to people who would otherwise be D1 in the WRS but it seems like anyone with enough races can get an A ranking.

I hadn't been on in a while but yesterday I was on and got multiple thousands of point for a daily race. That seems like more than it ever has been. IMO only A and A+ should be given out to people who would otherwise be D1 in the WRS but it seems like anyone with enough races can get an A ranking.
The way I understand DR is that it's determined by your finishing position in a race vs DR level of the drivers you beat, so the number of races plays no role in DR [or SR]. So the more higher ranked DR players you beat, the more increase in your DR ranking. If you do multiple races and end up A or A+, it's because you had good race results and nothing more. [..... and off course you were not banged by too many penalties that affected your race result].

Depends who you were racing. Seeing you’re just above a B rating at 12K, you probably started the day as a high C rating. And it’s fairly easy to level up if you’re racing other A drivers. But once you get around 40-50K that’s when DR is a bit more scarce and is better to level up in the top tier FIA lobbies where you can still earn about 1K a race at 60K if you’re racing others with Max accounts.

Don't know which race you did but I think the opposite that DR is way too hard to obtain!

I have only ever been as high as DR B and almost always end up dropping back down the DR ranks which frustrates me beyond belief
but maybe I will see a change in fortune someday!

IMO, SR S is certainly too easy.
Some issues could be more under control if SR S was a tougher grade to reach.

As for DR.
Nah, I guess it's okay.
Probably easy to move up through the lower ranks, but it gets tough to advance or hold your higher ranking fairly quick.

But from what I saw in the last FIA race around RedBull Ring, and being essentially pit manoeuvred at crawling pace at turn 2 in a room of A/A+/S drivers, you may have a point.
When people reach that level I would expect some decent race-craft.
But apparently not.

Perhaps it was just an error.
I've certainly made plenty.
But things like that shouldn't be happening at that level IMO.

Can't tell but i don't feel like a DR B driver considering i only won once although i manage to reach from top 6 consistently in races.

It's not hard to get there if you're consistent in the top half of the grid and don't crash or have a poor internet connection.

I've lost 2 / 3k by being kicked from lobbies while leading the race or worse, being kicked before the race started. But to make up those points again it's pretty tough, since I get anything from 300 to 500 points for a win, meaning, I'd need on average 5-10 races to regain the DR points lost. That's 5 to 10 races of 15/20 minutes. Pretty harsh.

Its not a case of it being easy or hard. Its supposed to move up and down. When you reach your natural level (ie, you no longer finish races in the top half) dr increase will level off. If you were to view it in a graph form it would look like a wave, if your results were consistent, sometimes increases maybe more than decreases if a combo comes around that you perform better at.

What hurts DR between players though is playing off peak when grids are filled using SR. Likewise there are lot of players/accounts that are only used for the FIA events because they are protecting DR to qualify for bigger point hauls.

Anyway point being keep playing sport mode you will soon reach a level whereby DR loss is more likely than DR gain.

Most all this makes sense. I also checked stats as to what distribution DR is for the world and it matches somewhat with what I had hoped. Guess I just got lucky with my matchups yesterday. Thanks for the input everyone.

It's too easy to decrease DR. You can go from 30k, 40k, 50k+ down to 7k in one race.

O.o in one race? That's a big for sure. I have idea what kind of race would lead to someone losing 5, 10 or 20k DR points in a single race. The max I lost was in the 2 or 3k (room full of S/S drivers) when my connection went down.

O.o in one race? That's a big for sure. I have idea what kind of race would lead to someone losing 5, 10 or 20k DR points in a single race. The max I lost was in the 2 or 3k (room full of S/S drivers) when my connection went down.
It happens in a dirty race, where your SR drops so low that it resets all your hard-earned DR. :ouch:

I think the DR system is ok, although it does have ways to exploit it. The two that I’ve come across are playing in off hours, and finding a car/track combo you excel at. For me, being in PST, and being a “late night” gamer, most of my normal hours are off hours for the rest of the world. I also happen to be pretty good at low power, low grip racing (not so good at high downforce stuff). So, for me, getting to DR A was pretty easy, as I’d just do lots of Race A late at night, and my ranking went up in no time. I was routinely racing against higher ranked drivers (as well as some real low ranked people at the back of the grid), a complete mix of SRs, and being able to beat most of them most of the time made my DR jump up. If I go into a GR4 it GR3, I’m mid pack at best, maybe a lucky podium, and my DR usually stays about the same.

It’s the SR system I hate. Mostly because I’m a pretty hard nosed racer who likes to get stuck in....sadly the SR system doesn’t allow for that kind of racing. I have to make conscious effort to not go for moves that a normal race driver would actually go for, just to protect SR. The other thing that bugs me about SR is how easy it is to lose it vs how tedious it can be to earn it.

It depends on you as a player. Now that there's weeklies, I'd wager that it is indeed slightly easier than before, since now you have potentially a whole week to grind a certain race if it's to your liking, but even then your DR will eventually level off at your competitive level

However, for the higher ranked players it is indeed too easy to gain DR, especially from the dailies. I'm Exhibit A of this. If I go to just the dailies and never bother with FiA races, it wouldn't be a far fetch to say that I can climb up to 65k DR (I've already reached 60k at some point), however that DR is not truly representative of my skill level, because in the FiA races I am just backfield fodder at that level. When my DR bled to 48-52k from all the FiA races though, I became much more competitive, so I think the latter DR is my true skill level

Maybe it is at levels higher than mine.
I think sr is definitely a bit easy.
For me, I work on improving my driving via time trial. A race for me is an event so I prepare and usually do ok at dr b sr s. I do think though, just from reading others experiences that maybe sr s should be a bit harder to maintain.
I’ve seen a lot of people complain about the oval gr3 this week but PD threw us a bone with race C right? Seems easy to recover if it becomes necessary.
Often I think as game players we maybe don’t give developers enough credit.

Last edited:
Maybe it is at levels higher than mine.
I think sr is definitely a bit easy.
For me, I work on improving my driving via time trial. A race for me is an event so I prepare and usually do ok at dr b sr s. I do think though, just from reading others experiences that maybe sr s should be a bit harder to maintain.
I’ve seen a lot of people complain about the oval gr3 this week but PD threw us a bone with race C right? Seems easy to recover if it becomes necessary.
Often I think as game players we maybe don’t give developers enough credit.

What's the bone next week? Monza, Mount Panorama and Tokyo!

For me I think it is very difficult to increase DR. I climbed through DR D and C in my first two months owning the game but now I've been DR B since January. I did stop playing for several months though. It seems I can increase my DR by a thousand when I run a good race but a bad or average race and it drops down right away so I've kind of plateaued.

I should mention I only compete in Nations Cup or Manufacturer Series races. 1 or the other, never both. I race the odd "Daily" race.

I imaging raising DR would be easy if you got a super good qualifying time in a Daily race where you were pole in every lobby you got put into and you just did that same race over and over all week. If I ever do get a great tiem lie that I would probably do that to take advantage of the game and get my DR up so I have more poijt available to me in Championship races.

I’ve never tried Tokyo much but point taken. I picture some wall riding in store!

More like wall ping pong. It's basically a narrow version of Bluemoon bay with many high speed corners.
poster_1512741686509_11260027_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

That's what it would look like without ghosting in T1.

I usually do well on that track though. Once you survive T1 and the bridge underpass it all comes down to fuel saving. As long as you don't touch any of the sensitive walls you should do ok.

The way I understand DR is that it's determined by your finishing position in a race vs DR level of the drivers you beat, so the number of races plays no role in DR [or SR]. So the more higher ranked DR players you beat, the more increase in your DR ranking. If you do multiple races and end up A or A+, it's because you had good race results and nothing more. [..... and off course you were not banged by too many penalties that affected your race result].
It is easier when there’s not enough good competition :)

I don’t think it’s easy to increase DR however I do think the ranks should be adjusted a little bit

Such as maybe 60K or maybe more dr should be A+ so it is much more of an elite group

A rated from maybe 45-60k

Something like this
The way you earn dr is fine as you have to beat the people who already have the higher ranks to obtain them basically
And Dr is lost too when you don’t do well so I think this is fine

Of course having more people all being ets say A rated means match making is easier as if they were all small groups finding a match maybe more difficult and things like this

Way easier to lose than gain! I got punted two races in a row from the lead and lost 1800 points. Took 4 days to get back to it as barely no one races and the faster guys had a lower DR than me. (Mostly because they were on a new team account).

Seeing as certain drivers/youtubers have reached DR A+...yes, it certainly is too easy.
:rolleyes: Can't fault that logic.

In reality it's as easy to lose as it is to gain.
If it's so easy to gain DR there must be loads of players at the 75k cap; you must be one of them are you?

:rolleyes: Can't fault that logic.

In reality it's as easy to lose as it is to gain.
If it's so easy to gain DR there must be loads of players at the 75k cap; you must be one of them are you?
No, because the game has disconnected me from multiple wins and other good finishes, resulting in a loss of many DR points.

A driver with 7 Pole Positions, 16 wins and 4,2% Sport Mode leading laps with 355 races under his belt has no place in DR A+ in my opinion.

Back