Is Driveclub 2 even possible?

• Thread starter Lukanyon
  • 15 comments

Do you think there's a possibility of a Driveclub 2?

• Yes

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 30 76.9%

• Total voters
Brazil
São Paulo
Corredor_Y
After playing lots of different racing games on the PS4, I still haven't found anything better than Driveclub. Never have I been so sad because of the closing of a studio. It was my first experience in online playing and I made lots of friends because of it.
Do you guys think there's a possibility of Sony giving the franchise to another studio and releasing a second game? Is the franchise dead forever? I would love if there was a second game with some new tracks and cars (including Porsche and Ford licenses) and 4K HDR support.

I am inclined to agree. Driveclub was the best racing game for PS4 for me, especially back in the days when GT Sport was still being developed and that was my only outlet when I'm looking for a racing game to practice. Graphics were top notch, physics were accessible to everyone. It had so much promise.

It could have been much better if it had real-life circuits and a deeper customization.

It could have been much better if it had real-life circuits and a deeper customization.

For me the fictional tracks were the magic of DriveClub, as there are massive amount of games with real life tracks. DriveClub was something completely different, each track had it's own flow. Also for real life tracks sim physics is much better than simcade - but it's just my opinion. :cheers:

After playing lots of different racing games on the PS4, I still haven't found anything better than Driveclub. Never have I been so sad because of the closing of a studio. It was my first experience in online playing and I made lots of friends because of it.
Do you guys think there's a possibility of Sony giving the franchise to another studio and releasing a second game? Is the franchise dead forever? I would love if there was a second game with some new tracks and cars (including Porsche and Ford licenses) and 4K HDR support.
It's technically possible, since Sony owns the IP and all the tech behind it. Just like a PGR5 is possible but, at the same time, not very likely.

That’s what made it so uniquely brilliant, the fact it didn’t have real life circuits but instead had and still has the greatest set of layouts I’ve ever played in a racing game, plus the simplicity of pick up and play without the need to take an age setting up a car first :cheers:

That’s what made it so uniquely brilliant, the fact it didn’t have real life circuits but instead had and still has the greatest set of layouts I’ve ever played in a racing game, plus the simplicity of pick up and play without the need to take an age setting up a car first :cheers:
And unusual locations too, none of the usual suspects which was great in itself.

We can’t say for sure if it’ll come back because we aren’t Sony, but I hope it will. Driveclub is one of the best racing games I’ve ever played. The physics are easy to learn, but requires a degree of skill to truly master. Also, the cars have a feeling of weight, which is something that I haven’t found in any other arcade racer. That sense of weight helps to bridge the gap between arcade and simulation and provides a unique experience. Driveclub won’t hold your hand either. If you screw up, you’re absolutely dropping five positions at the very least. That urgency to stay consistent is exciting.

I always find myself going back to Driveclub. For me it still has the biggest wow factor of any racing game in this gen. The graphics are still some of the best to date which is amazing given this was supposed to be a launch title over 4 years ago.

It's truly a shame that we most likely won't see DC2. :(

Atm, driveclub is on the sideline, as the publisher of driveclub is currently working on a racing game called onrush, a vehicle combat game also being made by the makers of motorstorm, but i feel as the "official" trailer for it does exist, driveclub 2 might come later in the future

Atm, driveclub is on the sideline, as the publisher of driveclub is currently working on a racing game called onrush, a vehicle combat game also being made by the makers of motorstorm, but i feel as the "official" trailer for it does exist, driveclub 2 might come later in the future
Likely not since the studio has disbanded.

After the release of ONRUSH I was wondering if it was possible for Codemasters to give the TOCA Race Driver/GRiD franchise to the Evolution guys. I think that would be awesome too.
I’m here from the future when there is no online access. Very sad, still sad
I’d really like a motorstorm back too tho

Last edited:
Back