Is Forza making me buy a 3.5mil Ferrari???

• Thread starter katpeeler
  • 19 comments
80710A06
katpeeler
Im going thru the Event Lists and see there are a couple events (rather early on) that I have to have a Ferrari built before 1958 (I think)....But the problem is that it's 3.5million credits....To me thats highway robbery.......Just venting:cheers:

Im going thru the Event Lists and see there are a couple events (rather early on) that I have to have a Ferrari built before 1958 (I think)....But the problem is that it's 3.5million credits....To me thats highway robbery.......Just venting:cheers:

Forza isn't going to make you do anything. It's not going to make you do all events, nor is it making you spend tens of millions to get the 'Ferrari Collector' and/or 'Exclusive Taste' achievement(s). ;)

Forza isn't going to make you do anything. It's not going to make you do all events, nor is it making you spend tens of millions to get the 'Ferrari Collector' and/or 'Exclusive Taste' achievement(s). ;)

Thank you Capt. Obvious..

I understand you have to spend money to make money but that is crazy

Find a friend to let you borrow one. Or try the auction house. Unfortunately, it sucks. I don't like Ferrari and don't want to part with millions either but I did. I have a Forza friend build an AMAZING tune for the California so I bought one. Money is so easy to come by, I wound up buying the 250 TR and someone sent me the 250 GTO. They'll come in handy eventually. (I hope)

4261315_std.jpg

JOU VILL LIZEN TO ME! I COMMAND JOU TO BUY ZEE FERRAVI!!!!​

So in your oppinion go with the California???

I haven't raced the races from the events list which is what you are doing. The tune I use is for B class lobbies. And it is incredibly fast. Making me think it should be fine to run events list with a decent tune but I haven't tested. I quit running the events list months ago and solely race online.

I have every Ferrari in my garage! And they're all well worth it! If you take the time to tune them, every single one of them can tear up the track in their respective classes.

What's 3,5 million in Forza, anyways? You can make insane amounts of money in no time by doing Rivals Mode, anyways...

Thank you Capt. Obvious..

I understand you have to spend money to make money but that is crazy

I guess they figured they'd have to make at least a few things a little harder.

Edit: Just remembered, as for "hard to get" achievements, how about achievements some people won't ever get, irrespective of how much effort they may put into the game? How's that for crazy?

What's 3,5 million in Forza, anyways? You can make insane amounts of money in no time by doing Rivals Mode, anyways...

I think I'll have to look into that one day. So far, I've only gotten enough money to buy chips doing rivals.

heh funny. By coincidence 3.5 million is about what a real life California or 458 would cost in Hong Kong in HKD.

Wouldn't you love to find a 250 California for 3.5 Million HKD? What a bargain that would be! Just imagine the profit you'd make in the Auction House. :lol:

: Just remembered, as for "hard to get" achievements, how about achievements some people won't ever get, irrespective of how much effort they may put into the game? How's that for crazy?

Which ones do you mean?

It stings to part with that kind of 'cash', but this game throws it you. You'll make it back before you know it.
A bit of rivals, a bit of multiplayer and it'll pile up.

Besides, it's on the event list. You can do it any time you want.

Oh, and as for achievements you'll never get... Forza hasn't made me buy a Kinect ;)

I think I'll have to look into that one day. So far, I've only gotten enough money to buy chips doing rivals.
Dunno, even without Rivals Mode or using the storefront, I'm continuously sitting on 5+ million credits... Really, you get money very fast anyways.

Wouldn't you love to find a 250 California for 3.5 Million HKD? What a bargain that would be! Just imagine the profit you'd make in the Auction House. :lol:
I would prefer the ability to earn 50 grand or so in 20 minutes by doing something I love :lol:

For some reason I'm always under a mil. I tend to buy cars, start tuning them and just forget about them. I swear i probably have like 4 rx7's and around 6 nsx's. I only use one of each to haha, I always get all excited when i see one of the higher priced cars as well, but after i buy it and try it out i tend to not like most of them :( Stupid me not trying the free race options.

If you are talking about the Ferrari Classics Showcase, then the cheapest car you can use is the Dino, at 55,000 Cr.

If, on the other hand, you are talking about the 50s Legend Challenge, I believe the cheapest car you can use is the Gullwing Merc, at 380,000 Cr.

I don't know of an event that would force you to buy a 250 California, if that's what you mean by a 3.5 million Cr Ferrari. The California is 3 million even, though, not 3,5.

So, good post. :)

Oh, and as for achievements you'll never get... Forza hasn't made me buy a Kinect ;)

Indeed. Talk about having to spend millions of in-game credits to do events or get achievements as being crazy, what about having to spend real money?

Which ones do you mean?

The one requiring you to have a Kinect, for one. Though seeing I actually do have a Kinect, this one wasn't an issue for me, personally. The one achievement I'll never get is the "Forza Faithful" achievement, and that's irrespective of how far I may get in Forza 4. To me, that's a lot crazier than having to spend millions of in-game credits, which you can actually get by simply playing the game.

Dunno, even without Rivals Mode or using the storefront, I'm continuously sitting on 5+ million credits... Really, you get money very fast anyways.

Yes, you do/can get money quite fast, it's just that Rivals Mode hasn't worked for me (yet?).

I would prefer the ability to earn 50 grand or so in 20 minutes by doing something I love :lol:

Who wouldn't? :)

To get back on topic...

If you are talking about the Ferrari Classics Showcase, then the cheapest car you can use is the Dino, at 55,000 Cr.

If, on the other hand, you are talking about the 50s Legend Challenge, I believe the cheapest car you can use is the Gullwing Merc, at 380,000 Cr.

I don't know of an event that would force you to buy a 250 California, if that's what you mean by a 3.5 million Cr Ferrari. The California is 3 million even, though, not 3,5.

So, good post. :)

That's a good point. I haven't been through the entire event list, so I wouldn't even have a clue as to which event is referred to here.

^^^^^I'm not at the house right now but cant tell you the exact event. But its about 3 rows over and about half way down but you have to have a Ferrari before year 1958 (I think this is the year). I was trying to buy a car for that one AND be able to use it for the 50's Legend Challenge you were talking about.

Ive beat the World Tour and looking to do something else besides racing online. I understand that you can do the same in the Rivals but the Event List is a good way to race cars you normaly dont mess with...

My mistake.....it was the 50's legend challenge I was thinking of...I could have swore there was another list that I needed the buy the Ferrari............My bad

Latest Posts

Back